Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line (32070 Views)

Anybody Having Delay With Shipment With Grimaldi Shilling Line? / Grimaldi Destruction. / Update: issue with Autoelectng resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2020
aluta2:

Same with me..I have even paid for custom clearing for my cars on hoegh Singapore. ..now flat broke due to lockdown, others cars are coming with no sales during lockdown
lol, i also send money to an agent for the clearing since 27th of last month, i had to call him to send me back the money when it changed to 30th, he send it back to me..
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by BeardedTraveler: 8:35am On Apr 27, 2020
Fogman:
Please, is Grimaldi line currently having issues with Lagos port?

I am expecting couples of vehicle via Grimaldi and they are not keeping to there schedules.

Two of there vessels Hoegh Singapore has been in Nigerian part of Gulf of Guinea since 27th March it departed Port of Cotonou and normally once it depart Cotonou, it arrives Lagos port same day. And same issue applies to the 2nf vessel Precious Ace, left Cotonou port since 12th March, and arrival dates to Lagos keep changing every other days

Tracking the vessel is not even helpful and Grimaldi customer care are clueless regarding this.

What is actually wrong here, or is Covid-19 issue affecting her?

The information I have is that there's confirmed case(s) of Coronavirus on board of Hoegh Singapore, and the ship was sent back for fumigation and should arrive back today.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 8:42am On Apr 27, 2020
BeardedTraveler:

The information I have is that there's confirmed case(s) of Coronavirus on board of Hoegh Singapore, and the ship was sent back for fumigation and should arrive back today.
thanks for the info, i will be very glad if she does
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by BeardedTraveler: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2020
ayubaski:

thanks for the info, i will be very glad if she does

You are welcome
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Lucky4real28(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2020
Please collect back your clearing fee for now, (it’s not possible to pay duty on a car that the vessel hasn’t berthed and vehicle transferred to terminal), agents too can be broke, they might use your money And tell you stories later on. And despite this hardship it doesn’t stop demurrage. I see so many people forfeiting their cars as a result of excess demurrage because dealers depend on sale to clear cars, when no sale it’s difficult
aluta2:

Same with me..I have even paid for custom clearing for my cars on hoegh Singapore. ..now flat broke due to lockdown, others cars are coming with no sales during lockdown
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2020
BeardedTraveler:

Thank you for this information

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by upengineer: 11:10am On Apr 27, 2020
One agent told me this morning that Hoegh Singapore has been given clearance to berth in Tin Can, can anyone confirm this
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
upengineer:
One agent told me this morning that Hoegh Singapore has been given clearance to berth in Tin Can, can anyone confirm this

I also got information that she is scheduled to berth on 30th
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Twob: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2020
Fogman:

As for me, I have been waiting for the vessel to berth since 4th of this month, now tired cause don't the major challenge
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by aluta2: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
On grimaldi tracking it's says 15th of next month
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by aluta2: 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
Lucky4real28:
Please collect back your clearing fee for now, (it’s not possible to pay duty on a car that the vessel hasn’t berthed and vehicle transferred to terminal), agents too can be broke, they might use your money And tell you stories later on. And despite this hardship it doesn’t stop demurrage. I see so many people forfeiting their cars as a result of excess demurrage because dealers depend on sale to clear cars, when no sale it’s difficult
I have cars on lapis arrow...we use the money to clear them
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
Fogman:

Same info,30th.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
dannybrasky:
Same info,30th.
Do you have any information about Precious Ace?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
Fogman:

Do you have any information about Precious Ace?
None boss,none.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ponnke4u(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please any info on hoegh Singapore. I have waited for long.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
dannybrasky:
None boss,none.
Same here sir. Thanks
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by tosheeba(m): 5:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Inception:

There is a very serious problem with these two vessels. I wont be surprised if the ETA is extended well into June.

I am beginning to suspect that it has nothing to do with TinCan

As. Regard this , it has nothing to do with Tincan , they might be encountering little problem at the Guinea Gulf coast, we agents are also tired of waiting , I’m suspecting if they might be having problem with either N.P.A or NIMASA base on some fees .
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 7:07am On Apr 28, 2020
tosheeba:

As. Regard this , it has nothing to do with Tincan , they might be encountering little problem at the Guinea Gulf coast, we agents are also tired of waiting , I’m suspecting if they might be having problem with either N.P.A or NIMASA base on some fees .

Some claimed it is Covid-19 related issue,.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Tobichuks(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Fogman:

Some claimed it is Covid-19 related issue,.
This Precious ace really disappointed.
ETA was on the 10th April, keeps changing to 22,24,26,now showing 8th may.
Yet another vessel that left later have berthed..
Pls our sabi people help us..
Abi the vessel ger technical issues not moving again.. it left contou on 9th April.

Am so tired of tracking
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Tobichuks:

Abi the vessel ger technical issues not moving again.. it left contou on 9th April.

Am so tired of tracking

We are all in this issue together. I am hoping somebody can help us out, with details of the problem with this vessels
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Banks92(m): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2020
Tobichuks:

Am so tired of tracking

Kept changing till clearing fees increased. it is still May 8th, we can only hope it stays that way and shows up.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Here is the new schedule for hoegh singapore on ptml Lagos 10th may, if them want make thunder fire all of them make the vessel no berth on 10th may or b4 10th may

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Twob: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
ayubaski:
Here is the new schedule for hoegh singapore on ptml Lagos 10th may, if them want make thunder fire all of them make the vessel no berth on 10th may or b4 10th may

Attached is the latest schedule for Hoegh Singapore for all in anticipation, including myself.

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
Twob:

Attached is the latest schedule for Hoegh Singapore for all in anticipation, including myself.

I guess the problem with this vessel is much more that Covid-19 issue
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Eattah(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
The whole thing is not making sense any more ,I hope the shipping company comes out with a statement regarding these uncertainties so everyone will calm down .Though I will not try buying a car this way again.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 1:59pm On May 01, 2020
Whats all this nonsense, the date for hoegh singapore has changed again, how long will this crap continue.....

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2020
Brethren, prepare for the worst.

Those vessels are in serious trouble(Precious Ace and Hoegh Singapore)

They are not even available for rotation

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Banks92(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
ayubaski:
Whats all this nonsense, the date for hoegh singapore has changed again, how long will this crap continue.....

No explanation no nothing. Tired of this rubbish.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 2:41pm On May 01, 2020
Inception:
please what do u mean by rotation
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Banks92(m): 2:52pm On May 01, 2020
Inception:

What could the worst be?.
Its not right that their customers are kept in the dark
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Eattah(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2020
What is the worst case scenario that can happen ? Will everyone with car on that ship lose them?sad
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 5:53pm On May 01, 2020
Eattah:
What is the worst case scenario that can happen ? Will everyone with car on that ship lose them?sad
i dont think so, i cant even imaging that, even if that happens they must refund money back...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Car Dealer Gets Fake Alert, Customer Absconds During Test Drive / Friends Accord 2000 (UK Model) Got Stolen Last Night. / My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.