Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda (19759 Views)

Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing / Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Nicevalentine(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2020
What is true will always be true. What is a lie, will always be a lie. What wasn't said, will never be heard.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by friday2011(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
The only thing I have enjoyed from the government during this lockdown is steady power supply. The epileptic power supply in my area suddenly became stable. Now we have light 24 hours a day.
This has made me believe that power problem is not actually a problem in Nigeria just that the government doesn't want to work.

Abeg which area be that? My own area for ikorodu, Lagos (Eruwen to be precise) Since the covid19 wahala start, na "night plan flash 5" we dey... They bring it by 12 midnight and take it by 12.05 (5minutes)

I no no wetin be our offense.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Austineva(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2020
Egungu don enter express. grin grin

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by edoairways: 8:07am On Apr 17, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
The only thing I have enjoyed from the government during this lockdown is steady power supply. The epileptic power supply in my area suddenly became stable. Now we have light 24 hours a day.
This has made me believe that power problem is not actually a problem in Nigeria just that the government doesn't want to work.
You are just lucky other areas are not the same
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by AerialMapper: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2020
Na person wey no get sense go believe anything this government talk....which explains why you have to be a zombie to be a supporter

The only way this is possible is if the FG pays for bulk units from the DisCos and they give it out according to guidelines provided but our Ministers are loud-mouths; they talk first to please the zombified and then think how to implement later

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by edoairways: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I don't think so. Just like the palliative measures that targeted the most vulnerable among us .
This is targeted towards the poor among us which is a commendable effort by the government though we might not all be comfortable with it ,its still a good gesture and we must encourage the government to more.

What useless palliative measure?

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by edoairways: 8:14am On Apr 17, 2020
Ayoefa:

Pls use your common sense. The govt did not promise free ele, the distribution company promised free electricity then claim that the govt will pay for it without first talking about it with the govt. What kind of rubbish is that. The govt should have told them point blank to pay for their own initiative or forget about it.
Leave the disco out of this madness rather blame the law makers who held meeting behind close doors.This meeting was gravitated when one Nollywood actress Ada Ameh cried on social media

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Sai Baba
4+4
grin

We are now at the level of "Kai, Baba"

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Jostoman: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I don't think so. Just like the palliative measures that targeted the most vulnerable among us .
This is targeted towards the poor among us which is a commendable effort by the government though we might not all be comfortable with it ,its still a good gesture and we must encourage the government to more.

am ashamed of you sir

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by hmohammed(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2020
jmoore:
Every Nigerian should kick against free electricity because the discos are the ones that would benefit from it.

Here is how free electricity can work. The government will pay the Discos billions of naira so they can offer free electricity to their customers.

The problem here is that the discos currently are offering darkness to most of their customers.

Therefore, don't expect a miracle because of free electricity. Majority who are still in darkness would remain in darkness while the few that enjoy some hours of power supply would be happy.

5,000-7,000 megawatts of electricity for a country with a population of more than 160 million can't reach a quarter of the population.

The only gainers here are the discos that will be paid by the government to supply 'darkness' to majority of Nigerians.

Not true. Quite a lot of Nigerians are enjoying electricity in this period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by persius555(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2020
Government should not pay any distribution or generation companies. That money should rather be used to subsidize prepaid meters.

Electricity subsidy is an attempt by the elite to continue the milking of the populace and economy.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Ayoefa: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2020
edoairways:

Leave the disco out of this madness rather blame the law makers who held meeting behind close doors.This meeting was gravitated when one Nollywood actress Ada Ameh cried on social media

I agree that the lawmakers are part complicit in the whole charade. Why will you allow a company to make a promise of free electricity then turn around and say be the way, the govt will be paying for the free electricity that we promised without first getting an assurance from the govt that will be paying for the free service. Lawal and Gbaja messed up big time on this. They should have told the distribution company to give what they can afford instead of expecting the govt to pay for their free service.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Tecord1(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Who are you.

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Gugle: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2020
jmoore:
Every Nigerian should kick against free electricity because the discos are the ones that would benefit from it.

Here is how free electricity can work. The government will pay the Discos billions of naira so they can offer free electricity to their customers.

The problem here is that the discos currently are offering darkness to most of their customers.

Therefore, don't expect a miracle because of free electricity. Majority who are still in darkness would remain in darkness while the few that enjoy some hours of power supply would be happy.

5,000-7,000 megawatts of electricity for a country with a population of more than 160 million can't reach a quarter of the population.

The only gainers here are the discos that will be paid by the government to supply 'darkness' to majority of Nigerians.
See, I know free electricity is the least palliative our government can provide now because it is expensive and Nigerians have been cultured to do without it.
Note, if the government will provide please let us encourage her because it can be used testing ground to actually know the weakest sector in electricity industry as there as been blame trade between GENCOS, TCN and DISCO.
On the contrary, the free electricity will not benefit the DISCO as you think but it will place them properly to where they should as the payment for the free electricity will be on per unit energy they distribute to consumers. Trust me our government have the facilities to know the energy DISCOS wheeled out to the people.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by eneyoduke(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2020
We knew it was an Infodemic info most especially coming from All Promise Cancel APC

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by jmoore(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2020
hmohammed:

Not true. Quite a lot of Nigerians are enjoying electricity in this period.
A lot? What percentage? 5,000 megawatts for a population of more than 160 million.
Don't use yourself as a case study.
5,000 megawatts can't cover a quarter of our population.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by galadima77(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2020
How much did these guys pay to buy over the power sector again?
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by sterlingD(m): 8:44am On Apr 17, 2020
Epitome of cluelessness, hallmark of incompetence, facade of embarrassment, embodiment of aberration.My dictionary dey vex with this government and country this morning.

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Chinkos99(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2020
My people everything is not propaganda
In other way
nairalanders
Today is my birthday
Show some love abeg
Airtime : O8118847515
Thank you[i]
[/i]
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by NaijadrivaCars: 9:02am On Apr 17, 2020
TCN is saying it as it is
Stupid people elect stupid government ~ Imam of Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2020
I heard ghana government is paying for water bills for three month, and also paying 50 percent of electricity bills for three month, naija which way
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by mrdipye(m): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2020
I knew from the beginning, even if it will work how will prepaid customers benefit from it??
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2020
Chinkos99:
My people everything is not propaganda
In other way
nairalanders
Today is my birthday
Show some love abeg
Airtime : O8118847515
Thank you[i]
[/i]
Is that your photo This gal is a ghana ghana musician o mz vee by name, so u want to scam people abi ? smh
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by ArchAngelos999: 9:21am On Apr 17, 2020
grin
Decryptor:
Chai!...but i thought they said FG is paying for it?

Meanwhile...the person who edited this below won't make heaven grin grin grin

so the guy dey fear bubu like this grin
Decryptor:
Chai!...but i thought they said FG is paying for it?

Meanwhile...the person who edited this below won't make heaven grin grin grin

so the guy dey fear bubu like this
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Sososo(f): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2020
We have entered one chance
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2020
Useless people, my light was disconnected yesterday while i was not at home. Disconnecting low voltage that cannot turn my fan, welcome to animal kingdom hnm hunmm animal kingdom.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Antichristus: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2020
The terrorist religionists are beginning their starvation month. May they catch Coro and may Coro take them away so the world can be free of terror.

Anyone notice they locked down their threads so no contrary views can be expressed? Why Seun Osewa and NL would allow this undemocratic practice which is hallmark of the Saudi terrorist religionists is appallingly denigrating.

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Wisemaneasy: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2020
kings09:
So Nigerians can't even enjoy anything under dis govt even during a crisis that's clearly making life difficult but if it's to buy exotic cars or sponsor useless travels for politicians, all these protocols will not be involved.

Even buhari voters sef de follow suffer am.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get cos when election still come, d same Nigerians collect peanuts to cast their votes for same wicked leaders n the complaints still continue.

The cycle continues.

My brother na you talk am finish they will still vote another idiot and collect peanut and still come here to complain after 2023 Nigerians deserves what is happening to them right now because they all are saboteurs rubbish citizens in high order

I hate every citizens in Nigeria as far as I'm concerned all of them are fool because only foolish people elect foolish leaders.

Make this pandemic finish make i fly comot this useless country and will never come back ever again rubbish damn Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Cityguy: 11:54am On Apr 17, 2020
So long as I don't get to pay for it, then to me it is free. How they do that is none of my business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Tsauwa In Katsina, Kill 19, Set Houses Ablaze / APC Youths Vandalise, Burn PDP Campaign Office As Buhari Visits Maiduguri / Osun Governorship Election Tribunal Judgement Is On Friday, 22nd March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.