Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,947 members, 7,810,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda (19747 Views)

Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing / Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Oluwamarc(m): 6:18am On Apr 17, 2020
The recent announcement of plan to give Nigerians two months of free electricity as part of palliatives for COVID -19 is nothing more than propaganda that cannot work , the Transmission Company of Nigeria has said.
The TCN faulted the announcement by power distribution companies that the Federal Government and the National Assembly would pay for the proposed two- month free electricity for customers .
Discos made the announcement through their umbrella body , the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors.
Reacting to the development in Abuja on Thursday, the Managing Director of the TCN , Usman Mohammed , said , “There is this information that went round that power is going to be free .
“ I don ’ t know where that information came from .
“ But I can tell you that there is nothing like power is going to be free because the Federal Government cannot make power free . The Federal Government does not own the power. ”
Mohammed explained that the Federal Government only owns the TCN while the generation and distribution companies were largely owned by private investors .
He said , “In the electricity industry , apart from transmission , which is just the transporter, all the other chains do not belong to the Federal Government . So I cannot understand how somebody will concoct that information . ”

Mohammed argued that those peddling the information were merely sharing propaganda that would not work.
He said , “But these are some of the people involved in propaganda who brand information that is very unnecessary , to be honest .
“ I think at this stage what we need to do is to sustainably supply electricity and that is what we are doing . ”
The TCN boss further stated that in the last two weeks that most parts of Nigeria had been on lockdown, operators in the power sector had worked and performed well .
However , the House of Representatives and electricity distribution companies raised a joint committee on the proposed two-month free power supply on Thursday.
Speaker of the House , Femi Gbajabiamila , who presided over a meeting in Abuja with the companies and other officials , said the joint panel would work out modalities for the proposed two-month bill waiver for the most vulnerable people in the country.

https://punchng.com/free-electricity-mere-propaganda-says-tcn/

5 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Oluwamarc(m): 6:18am On Apr 17, 2020
I am only here to read the comments.... Meanwhile I am a content creator and I a very good at it.
@oluwamarc@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by realstars: 6:28am On Apr 17, 2020
This Is Nigeria The Home Of Wonders,

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Activistman(m): 7:00am On Apr 17, 2020
Their coming to power was on propaganda too. So, I'm not surprised.

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by bibiking7(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2020

How can the government say that the free electricity is for the poor and vulnerable? Can you just imagine the bullcrap?
This is a new level of nonsense. Anyway. I have received my electricy bill for this month. So I dont even care anymore. undecided undecided

I doubt if people will comply if they try to extend the lock down after these 2 weeks.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2020
Sai Baba
4+4
grin

9 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Decryptor(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Chai!...but i thought they said FG is paying for it?

Meanwhile...the person who edited this below won't make heaven grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by u11ae1013: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
We did not believe it in the first place since abba kyari is still giving orders from ICU, his orders doesn't favor the masses

12 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by stanech: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
God I no wan born my pikin for this country abeg

12 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by iCauseTrouble: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
The only thing I have enjoyed from the government during this lockdown is steady power supply. The epileptic power supply in my area suddenly became stable. Now we have light 24 hours a day.
This has made me believe that power problem is not actually a problem in Nigeria just that the government doesn't want to work.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by xynerise: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Nothing is free in Nigeria...get that into your skull.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by zakim(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
cheesy
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by jmoore(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Every Nigerian should kick against free electricity because the discos are the ones that would benefit from it.

Here is how free electricity can work. The government will pay the Discos billions of naira so they can offer free electricity to their customers.

The problem here is that the discos currently are offering darkness to most of their customers.

Therefore, don't expect a miracle because of free electricity. Majority who are still in darkness would remain in darkness while the few that enjoy some hours of power supply would be happy.

5,000-7,000 megawatts of electricity for a country with a population of more than 160 million can't reach a quarter of the population.

The only gainers here are the discos that will be paid by the government to supply 'darkness' to majority of Nigerians.

25 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by LordofNaija: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
How can you expect consistency from someone who hasn't a consistent spelling and pronunciation for his name,
1.Muhammadu Buhari
2. Muhammad Buhari
3. Mohammad Buhari
4. Mohammed Buhari

Lately, realising his inconsistency he shortened his name to PMB and M. Buhari

How can you expect consistency from such a person

Discos: we ve met with govt to provide free electricity to our customers

Presidency: free electricity isn't for all categories of Nigeria, only for the poor.

TCN: Free electricity isn't possible.

Maybe by next week

The electricity regulatory commission may ask for increase in tariff and vat to support govt spending for Covid19.

2023 is around the corner we will repeat the same cycle and expect change. Naija na house of humour and magic. Disney dey learn theatrics for where naija dey.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by northvietnam(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
We won’t take this, why is FG taking us for a ride ... all my rant na heavy Audio ..

The blunt truth is.....
They will go on and on and on until the masses realizes that power belongs to the people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by wehdone(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Wise people knew all along...

A country where the president is missing in Action during the worst (and only for that matter) pandemic of our lifetime?

Where lawmakers Lawbreakers buy exotic cars in times of a pandemic, and not medicals supplies?

A country where hospitals look like a market? Some shrines look better?

A country whose set-up has allowed for intimidation of the poor by the 'rich'?

What can possibly be free here? Not even girls embarassed embarassed embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by kiyosaki1(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
I don't think so. Just like the palliative measures that targeted the most vulnerable among us .
This is targeted towards the poor among us which is a commendable effort by the government though we might not all be comfortable with it ,its still a good gesture and we must encourage the government to more.
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Tetrahedron: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin grin

Is TCN now a wailer

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Kingspin(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
We have no country

An estimated bill is wickedness from the pit of hell
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by bammo: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2020
I don't care about free electricity I only want a stable power supply..
Maybe we should just swallow our pride and allow a foreign company to manage these things coz apparently Nigerians are more concerned with politics than development sad
You can't expect miracle from Nigerian politicians, they are all the same

4 Likes

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I don't think so

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by chrischukszy01(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
Nigeria is a joke... Confused people everywhere ahswear!
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by sathel(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
I was wondering. How is that possible??

This government is just trying to scam us..Datz all

FG, Where’s my 30k ?
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Tunex252(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
But what do this government gain in lying

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by qanda: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by sunshineV(f): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
y'all can't understand how much things can't work out in this country.

V

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by MoxxxxO123(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
God do we really deserve this plaque called Fg in Nigeria. Wicked and heartless group of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by Duplik8t77(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
na dat dead meat seller i dey pity. Dat guy does not have a mind of his own. Hopeless zombie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by kings09(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2020
So Nigerians can't even enjoy anything under dis govt even during a crisis that's clearly making life difficult but if it's to buy exotic cars or sponsor useless travels for politicians, all these protocols will not be involved.

Even buhari voters sef de follow suffer am.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get cos when election still come, d same Nigerians collect peanuts to cast their votes for same wicked leaders n the complaints still continue.

The cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda by holsconcept(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2020
APC with Buhari thrives on propaganda

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funsho Doherty, ADC Gurbanatorial Candidate For Lagos (Pictures) / Osun Assembly Repeals State Anthem, Crest, Flag Law / SEE Court Order Summoning Tompolo 2 Appear In Court On Thursday To Face Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.