Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital (695 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by muhsin(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
The governor of Pakistan's powerful Punjab province was shot dead in the capital Tuesday by one of his guards, who told interrogators afterward that he was angry about the politician's stance against the country's blasphemy law, officials said.

The killing of Salman Taseer was the most high-profile assassination of a political figure in Pakistan since the slaying of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto in December 2007, and it rattled a country already dealing with crises ranging from a potential collapse of the government to Islamist militancy. (AP)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4008952,00.html
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by ElRazur: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2011
It is a sad turn of events. What the governor was pushing for or being critical about is not unreasonable, or a bad thing. Yet, a follower of prophet Muhammed opted to end his life as a way to silence him. I wonder if 72 virgins will now await him in paradise for murdering a man who dares challenged archaic law or views?
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by morpheus24: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
Remind me not live in a country full of emotional retards.
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by Akhenaten: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2011
To think that Muhammad Ali Jinnah (Father of Pakistan) wanted a secular Pakistan says volumes about the Pakistani people and how ignorant some of them are about the history of Pakistan. In addition, it clearly shows that Islamic radical views have now become entrenched in the security forces of Pakistan, and concern over Pakistan's nuclear arsenal, which too is in the hands Pakistan's security forces are legitimate.
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by ElRazur: 10:24am On Jan 07, 2011
Islamic elements are clearly on the loose in that country, As to whether the people are ignorant is another thing. However, I take joy in knowing that they have Indian to keep them in check. I trust the powers of the world to exploit the rivalry between both nations so as to keep the extremist elements contained. (my opinion off course)
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by harakiri(m): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2011
The fruits of religion.
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by cpatra(f): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
One of the sentimental nit-wits of Islam
Re: Pakistani Governor Killed By Own Guard In Capital by lukkie(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2011
Another proof that religion has failed the world.

(1) (Reply)

Connecticut Shooter Adam Lanza Was "Not Well" - Family Members / Download The Live Coverage: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service / Earthquake Shakes South Africa Killing One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.