Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms (45372 Views)

UNIUYO Female Student Runs Mad After She Was Dumped By Unknown People (Photos) / Man Commits Suicide In Akwa Ibom After His Wife Dumped Him / Lorna Breen: US Doctor Dies By Committing Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by airminem(f): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
Seun360:

Just sent you N40.

Stay safe.

Thank you
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Smug4real(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
A friend of mine who is from Akwa ibom keeps saying there is no COVID -19 in Their state. even after I told him that NCDC reported 5 cases there, he still insisted that their governor told them otherwise.
I just hope Nigerians would realize how real this COVID-19 is, and take safety precautions.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by airminem(f): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
urose93:

Is this the kind mouth you want take collect help. Nah slap you want tear us to receive palliative abi? Honestly, if you are rich you be worst than Hitler.

cry How do you deal with the prospect of not having enough food at times like to these? How do you keep it from destroying whatever parts of your life that maybe aren't so bad? How do you talk about it?.... Ple
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by luluosas(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
But his death shouldn't stop his samples from being tested, at least to ascertained his health status before his death, especially in relationships to the Covid-19 symptoms he developed before he died. This will in no doubt help the government especially his immediate workers and family members that had closed contacts with him before his passing on in managing any eventuality that may arise. Should the samples taken be discarded because the patient is dead, I bet you that the whole Akwa Ibom State would be sitting on a keg of gun powder waiting to explode with the rampaging Covid-19 pademic.
Again, I am certain to some extent that the late doctor downplayed the reality of the Covid-19 pandemic, brushing it aside when asked to seek better medication under NCDC control, but dismissed it and instead relaxed in his private hospital thereby endangering the lives of other people due to his lackadaisical attitude being a medical practitioner. It is well.
Meanwhile, my condolences to the entire people of Akwa Ibom State.
Peace
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by bluefilm: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
paulolee:
[s]d funny tin is that akwa ibom state have 6 casualties for the past 2 weeks and maybe this included in that 6 because lockdown have been announced in uyo for the past one month bt its business as usual Asif they are not part of the lockdown rules..now people are downplaying the whole covid issue that is doesn't exist and was in more pain wen I saw dt xo called zlatan saying on Twitter dt the covid virus is a scam..naija need to wake up n get informed because this covid virus is real as our bad leaders playing politics with the virus stuff..heard today dt only pdp youths wr gving special alerts from d state gov as stay home pay n I ask myself...wat abt d Oda people?? are they not among akwaibomites??don't they need money n palliatives too no matter how small?? do they deserve to die of hunger bcoz they support Oda parties??...so many questions left unanswered bt that's what we get when the head of the country DNT lead by example[/s]

Nonsense. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by micflo28(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
When the medical personnel's are all almost dead or sizeable the govt will then increase their hazard allowance and ensure free scholarships to their children to any level of education. Working and dying for Nigeria is not worthwhile.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by ProudBiafran: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Does not mean he died of covid 19.

He died after showing symptoms.

Autopsy needed
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by urose93(f): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
KINGOZEK:
Why was he not tested immediately since he is at the frontline fighters and they waited for him for one week with the symptoms... RIP to the gallant man

Honestly, Akwa Ibom Government is really not doing enough to contain this virus. Currently there is news circulating everywhere in Aks that the state commissioner of health has so far released six covid19 victims, that there are only three positive cases remaining. This report dated back to 5days now but not reflected in NCDC chart. NCDC still affirmed Aks had 6 positive covid19 cases as at this morning.
God will protect us.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Mechatronika(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Gallant Soldiers are falling at the battle front, and we're almost not winning the war (WWIII). Lord, come to our aid!
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Thetruthshallse(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Every death now is Corona virus? Hmnn this is the time for African youth to stand up and be counted. Instead the stupid youth are busy robbing they fellow suffer heads. Don't fall for this scam. When people died in Europe and America the stupid govt is copying, we see their name and photo. Again don't fall for this scam African youth. REVOLUTION NOW
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by butterfly777(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
DonMustafa:
It amazes me that Buhari reduced health care budget in 2020 budget. But N37billion to renovate national assembly remained

I think the Medical Association should help Nigerians. They should inject and kill every politician in this government whenever they visit their hospital

We only talk about politicians. What about the secretary that will not process the necessary documents until bribed? What about the police extorting people here and there? What about the young guys doing internet fraud up and down? The market women who are experts at cheating unsuspecting customers? Just name it.

Until we tackle the problem of corruption in Nigeria in an wholistic way, we may not see any positive change.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by otokx(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
holuwasheyiWGP:
Wait gan!!!
How many weeks does it take to do COVID-19 test seff, how come the man died before his status was confirmed?, Why is the man name withheld? This is information required to removed the doubt of COVID-19 being a sham from the minds of most Nigerians.Where are the images?. E be like these people no Sabi say na doubting Thomas plenty for naija, if e never catch dem,dem no go believe say e real. With dumb celebrities pushing the idea that the virus isn't real and we all know that Nigerians have more faith in celebrities than their for government.I tire country anyway Stay safe guys,use face masks and obeserve social distancing. I pray God sees us through (Amen)

Government magic ~ cover up.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Tortivchina(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
what are convid-19 symptoms my people? please and please my people stop forcing people to die
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by godsonsage(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
Rest In Peace Doctor,we your students will never forget you,so sad
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Jude82: 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
They should quarantine his families, workers, students, and fellow lecturers...Immediately!!!...
Patients in his hospital are not to be left out too...
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Gbogbowa: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Yeyebrities will be showing us their huge bathrooms self acclaimed billionaires wife now the time has come to make donations and help the world where are they

The politicians will be showing their latest acquired rides? Now in a pandemic like this they are nowhere to be found

Person ask me whether I dey vex embarassed I no dey vex but e touch me like say e wan pain me but e nor pain me cry
you are right bro,after this covid 19 issue we should stop appreciating these people, whenever they show up again we should just shut them up

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by CuteYvonne777: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
God please save our country
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by maasoap(m): 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
Avalancheman:

Cases like this always happen. But it is not enough to stagnate the whole country.

Those who will die will die, Coronavirus or not...

Thought you have leant one or two things from China, USA, UK, Italy, Iran, Spain, South Korea. Guess some of you still don't get it. The only way to halt or slow down the spread for now is restriction of movements.
Guess you would prefer learning the hard way.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by mojounited(m): 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
platido:
His name is Dr. Dominic Essien

Is it Dr Dominic Essien or Dr Domingo Inyang?

RIP Doc
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Kingrefreshed: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tunex252:
A physiotherapist and lecturer in the Department of Physiology, University of Uyo (name withheld) has died after showing COVID-19 symptoms.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/medical-doctor-in-akwa-ibom-dies-after-showing-covid-19-symptoms.html

Nigerian Keyboard warriors association (Nairaland chapter)

Fuel is now 12.6 dollar per barrel thats about 27 naira a litre now.

Can we protest for the first time in our lives?? Lets use this time ,join forces together and make our voices heard.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by osazsky(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
So because he died there was no need to continue the test of his sample ...who did this to us
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Avalancheman: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
maasoap:

Thought you have leant one or two things from China, USA, UK, Italy, Iran, Spain, South Korea. Guess some of you still don't get it. The only way to halt or slow down the spread for now is restriction of movements.
Guess you would prefer learning the hard way.

If Coronavirus were to hit us like all the countries you listed, do you think you will be alive at this moment to post the trash you just did

Coronavirus is not for Africa!

If US, UK and co had only 50 deaths after over 51 days of the virus entering their country, you think they would do a total lockdown
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Gerrard59(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
teejet:
Hope Governor Udom's eyes has opened to the realities now. This was someone that was disputing the result of COVID-19 test conducted on some government officials last week.

Yeye people!

You mean the dude who called for a re-run of the tests? He and his cohorts have not realised what they are playing with, they think it is drinking ufofop. Not only him but the arrogance and ignorance displayed by the vast vast majority of the residents is my annoyance.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by MagnumDealzNG: 3:23am On Apr 18, 2020
May his soul find rest
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by maasoap(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
Avalancheman:

If Coronavirus were to hit us like all the countries you listed, do you think you will be alive at this moment to post the trash you just did

You and me haven't survived this, don't make that mistake. The problem with many of you is that you didn't want to believe that covid-19 is still gathering momentum. A fatal mistake that all of you are going to regret weeks to come. It is already hitting us slowly and steadily. How many cases in the last 24 hours? How many deaths? Quote me again tomorrow morning and the day after.

Coronavirus is not for Africa!

You're delusional. The same rubbish you were all spewing that covid-19 couldn't survive the heat in Africa until now.

If US, UK and co had only 50 deaths after over 51 days of the virus entering their country, you think they would do a total lockdown

The grave mistakes they all made. If they could go back in time, they would handle it differently.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Privatewinner25: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Avalancheman: 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
maasoap:

You and me haven't survived this, don't make that mistake. The problem with many of you is that you didn't want to believe that covid-19 is still gathering momentum. A fatal mistake that all of you are going to regret weeks to come. It is already hitting us slowly and steadily. How many cases in the last 24 hours? How many deaths? Quote me again tomorrow morning and the day after.

You're delusional. The same rubbish you were all spewing that covid-19 couldn't survive the heat in Africa until now.

The grave mistakes they all made. If they could go back in time, they would handle it differently.

Well, I can't say about you. But for my family and I, we have survived the Coronavirus. Glory be to God.

As we speak some countries abroad e.g. Sweden have not even locked down. Yet they haven't recorded the number of deaths countries that have been on lockdown for months have.

So far Nigeria has recorded 17 deaths, most of them returnees from abroad. I am afraid, NCDC officials may begin to ascribe all fever and flu related deaths to Coronavirus just to justify the need for a lockdown.

Many people are being discharged from the treatment centres after turning positive. Only people with deadly underlying sicknesses are at risk of dying of the Coronavirus especially if they caught the "Nigerian-used" version - caught from an infected non-returnee.

When the US, UK and co were at day 51, they are started recording daily deaths in thousands.

Come on, Nigeria can NEVER get to that stage by the grace of God. cool

There are many states in Nigeria that have confirmed cases and are yet to declare a lockdown. Yet they have not recorded deaths e.g. Oyo, Cross River, Edo. So what's the fuss about

I insist that the Coronavirus were to hit us like US, UK, Italy and co, by now, would all have been dead! embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by maasoap(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Avalancheman:

Well, I can't say about you. But for my family and I, we have survived the Coronavirus. Glory be to God.

As we speak some countries abroad e.g. Sweden have not even locked down. Yet they haven't recorded the number of deaths countries that have been on lockdown for months have.

So far Nigeria has recorded 17 deaths, most of them returnees from abroad. I am afraid, NCDC officials may begin to ascribe all fever and flu related deaths to Coronavirus just to justify the need for a lockdown.

Many people don't know the difference between wish and reality. I guess you're one of them.

Many people are being discharged from the treatment centres after turning positive. Only people with deadly underlying sicknesses are at risk of dying of the Coronavirus especially if they caught the "Nigerian-used" version - caught from an infected non-returnee.

When the US, UK and co were at day 51, they are started recording daily deaths in thousands.

Come on, Nigeria can NEVER get to that stage by the grace of God. cool

There are many states in Nigeria that have confirmed cases and are yet to declare a lockdown. Yet they have not recorded deaths e.g. Oyo, Cross River, Edo. So what's the fuss about

I insist that the Coronavirus were to hit us like US, UK, Italy and co, by now, would all have been dead! embarassed

The same mistake that all those countries made.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Avalancheman: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
maasoap:

Many people don't know the difference between wish and reality. I guess you're one of them.

The same mistake that all those countries made.

The things of God are foolishness to them that perish... smiley That's the reality... smiley

I have mentioned countries that are still making your so-called "mistake" and are still doing just fine. E.g. Sweden.

What do you have to say about that?

And the worse-hit countries made no mistakes in actual fact. They locked as soon as possible yet the death toll kept increasing. Or didn't China lockdown early enough Yet they still recorded thousands of deaths... embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by maasoap(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2020
Avalancheman:

The things of God are foolishness to them that perish... smiley That's the reality... smiley

Can we leave this higher invincible being out of it for now?

I have mentioned countries that are still making your so-called "mistake" and are still doing just fine. E.g. Sweden.

The countries observing stay at home, doctors, health workers, WHO and others that are preaching stay at home must have been ignorant then. Lol
You need to tell us what your Sweden is doing rightly.

And the worse-hit countries made no mistakes in actual fact. [/quote]

Yeah, they didn't. But sorry to disappoint you, I listened to Italian president about two days ago on Aljazeera admitting that they acted too late.

They locked as soon as possible yet the death toll kept increasing. Or didn't China lockdown early enough Yet they still recorded thousands of deaths... embarassed

No, they didn't. Most doctors who called the attention of the authority told the new strain were either warned or detained. People still believe that China under reported her cases. Now, that the restrictions have been lifted in China, their daily reported cases are spiking again! May be you didn't know.
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by maasoap(m): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2020
Avalancheman:

And the worse-hit countries made no mistakes in actual fact. They locked as soon as possible yet the death toll kept increasing. Or didn't China lockdown early enough Yet they still recorded thousands of deaths... embarassed

And, by the way: https://www.nairaland.com/5802445/49-new-cases-covid-19-reported#88599522
Re: Coronavirus: UNIUYO Lecturer, A Doctor Dies In Akwa Ibom After Showing Symptoms by Avalancheman: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2020
maasoap:

Can we leave this higher invincible being out of it for now?

No we can't. God has the final say. He is the Alpha and Omega.
You are really sounding like an atheist - an alarmist - one with an agenda. You have failed.
Watch Americans protest the lockdown on the streets and study their placards. We are all at alert... smiley

The countries observing stay at home, doctors, health workers, WHO and others that are preaching stay at home must have been ignorant then. Lol
You need to tell us what your Sweden is doing rightly.

Whatever are they doing rightly, all I know is that lockdown is NOT one of them. And it is working for them... smiley

And the worse-hit countries made no mistakes in actual fact.

Yeah, they didn't. But sorry to disappoint you, I listened to Italian president about two days ago on Aljazeera admitting that they acted too late.

Italy is just one country out of the many worse hit. It doesn't change my earlier assertion. And yes, Northern Italy had been locked down since February. How is that late? Did it stop the figures from rising?

No, they didn't. Most doctors who called the attention of the authority told the new strain were either warned or detained. People still believe that China under reported her cases. Now, that the restrictions have been lifted in China, their daily reported cases are spiking again! May be you didn't know.

They did lockdown early enough. And FYI, only Wuhan was locked down. And which spike are you talking about here They are only beginning to be sincere with their figures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Goes Into Shock After Losing A Virtual Bet (Photo, Video) / Akwa Ibom Specialist Hospital Kicks-off With Free Treatment / My Experience After Drinking 2 Glass Of Water Every Morning..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.