Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64656 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ericmor: 3:45am On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

How is it an income? Was it a salary or money paid for after labour or what? Read your Bible very well and ask God for wisdom and understanding. With that money, the receiver can decide to pay tithe or not to pay it has he/she wishes
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by genkins(m): 7:24am On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

There will always be the poor in your midst Jesus scolded Judas when you spoke like you just did and not as if we are even helping the poor self BUT Obey the important one - tithe and still help the poor.

The money to you is not even enough for you to even pay the tithe or give to the poor
Are u okay? Even Jesus in matt 23:23 said tithe is less important but u are saying otherwise
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

The Church has championed a lot of things like schools , hospitals and other things not in places around you like Lagos/PH/ABJ or other big cities but rural villages where people can't afford but these things are there and they are financed by these churches.

We have churches in the core north with members that can't farm or earn any income but your tithes and offering takes care of them.
I made up my mind to never stop tithing no matter what because my car developed a fault in a lonely place and i remembered i saw a church (Anglican church) i walked in and was assisted by the Priest and he said they know such things happen and people come around everyday.

This is total balderdash in the highest order. The church is not championing anything, rather they open new branches in both urban and rural areas and keep milking money from both rich and poor (meanwhile in the bible tithe is means to be given to the poor).

Ur tithe isnt being used to take care of anyone, dont sit down and foooooool urself unnecessarily. Even if there was no church where ur car spoilt, there are people who live there and they would still helped u out so ur nonsense excuse no make any sense @ all.

Tithe is tithe, it shouldn't be used to do other things....It should only be used in the exact way the bible said it should be used for.....tithe are for orphans, widows, fatherless, levites, motherless, foreigners who have no land, etc......Using tithe to build churches or schools or hospitals to make more money from it is a sin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Oracle23:

This is total balderdash in the highest order. The church is not championing anything, rather they open new branches in both urban and rural areas and keep milking money from both rich and poor (meanwhile in the bible tithe is means to be given to the poor).

Ur tithe isnt being used to take care of anyone, dont sit down and foooooool urself unnecessarily. Even if there was no church where ur car spoilt, there are people who live there and they would still helped u out so ur nonsense excuse no make any sense @ all.

Tithe is tithe, it shouldn't be used to do other things....It should only be used in the exact way the bible said it should be used for.....tithe are for orphans, widows, fatherless, levites, motherless, foreigners who have no land, etc......Using tithe to build churches or schools or hospitals to make more money from it is a sin

Show me in the bible where tithe is for tbe poor
Please do
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

Show me in the bible where tithe is for tbe poor
Please do

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

These are the laws if tithe, it predates the book of Malachi and mind u that malachi chapter 3 vs 8 - 10 is a warning for levites or priests or pastors that refuse to pay their tithe...

Read numbers 18 vs 26 to confirm that pastors are supposed to pay tithe into the store house.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

Sure it is

income
/ˈɪnkʌm/
noun
money received, especially on a regular basis, for work or through investments.
"he has a nice home and an adequate income"

Income is the money u receive for the work u do . Help that people render to u at a time of need is not income.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by victorian(f): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulus?

God bless you.

You will live long.

Lemme not just talk about my former church. Cause its now former to me!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DWJOBScom(m): 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
Oracle23:

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

These are the laws if tithe, it predates the book of Malachi and mind u that malachi chapter 3 vs 8 - 10 is a warning for levites or priests or pastors that refuse to pay their tithe...

Read numbers 18 vs 26 to confirm that pastors are supposed to pay tithe into the store house.

This doesn't say anything
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

This doesn't say anything

That's because u are a self confusionist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DWJOBScom(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Oracle23:

That's because u are a self confusionist.

You so confident in your mess and confusion too
You are not far from help though
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 21, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You so confident in your mess and confusion too
You are not far from help though

U are quite far from help.
Because self inflicted delusion is impossible to cure externally
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by CoolAmbience(m): 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
DWJOBScom:

Don't worry you will be alright

Make yourself alright first!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by tallceejay(m): 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
Assumption isn't very wise,But since we r assuming, what if he is asking this because he feels the right thing to do is to pay tithe and he's wrestling with himself.
peeps4u:

This is the same statement made to always get the tithes from people.
The truth is that if the tithe he has been paying before has been obviously bringing him blessings, he wouldn't need opinions before he pays this 2k tithe. I'm sure he would be eager to pay the 2k tithe because of more blessings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.