Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64606 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OriOko88(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
StreetFight:
Pastors please help us.
You can aswell ask your alfas and imams, maybe they can prover solution.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Philadelphia: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Anwons:
The question should be "should" and not "can", because you can.

What if he cannot can?
Do you think it is everyone that can can?
Because you can does not mean he can or because you cannot does not mean he can or cannot can.

If you can can and he cannot can then he that cannot can should not made to can by he that can can.

What did I even say sef? angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
I don't know why not ask God ...Yahweh
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by desiredhome: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Osidazz19:
This must be a joke. How can some people be so gullible and enslaved to these 419 con men they call Pastors.
But they gave out USSD code where you can give to them na.....who cares if you are hungry? Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Teaveapoet(f): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

No.. it's not what you worked for.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by JustAPhase(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

When I assist, I help anyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, familiarity, age and gender.

All right, Sir.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by FASTNG24TV: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Share 10% of it to people who are in need in this critical period and you will see how God will reward you...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by desiredhome: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Most of them are not Christians, they just post to drag the Church

I once ask a sister who is a promoter of tithes what do they do with the tithes she gives and she said what ever they do with it is not her business, must people do things without knowing why they are doing it because they've been brainwashed not to ask questions.
The grace of God supperceeds tithe....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by genkins(m): 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Pay y0ur tithe dear! No man can Rob God!! smiley
What a hungry god that needs money.. It's confirmed that the God you guys worship is different from yahweh. U guys worship the God of this world 2 cor 4:4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by lookingfly: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
I don't pay tithe, i eat my tithe because it's stated in the Bible Deut. 14:22-27.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by emmasege: 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion.
God bless you for this beautiful response.

As a believer and lover of Christ, I have 'unsubscribed' from the law of tithing.

Now, I know I need to give because of my love for Christ and burden for furtherance of the gospel. In a bid to do this, my giving could be less than or more than 10%, it depends on my financial ability per time.

I Corinthians 16:2 urges Christians to give in a way that's commensurate with their income. The reverse is the case in Nigeria as some churches collect as much as 30% of income from some members in the name of tithes, Sunday worship offering, Sunday school offerings, monthly thanksgiving offering, birthday offering, mid-week offerings, departmental offerings, house fellowship offerings etc. At the end, most members are rendered impoverished and unable to live a decent life or attend to their personal needs.

Giving is part of a Christian lifestyle but it should be out of love and not out of compulsion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

It is not an income.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Any pastor that made it mandatory for you to bring your tithe to the church is doing so for selfish reasons,reaching out to people around you which may not even be monetary are good gestures God cherishes, giving alms to the needy in cash and helping them in kind are path of tithing. Give your tithe to your needy neighbors especially this trying times,God sees our heart and will surely reward us for it. Don't be deceived

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!

God doesn't need our money and yet u pastors keep telling everyone to bring money every single day

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by desiredhome: 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
ORBLIGHTS:

NO! NO! NO! WHAT YOU GIVE TO THE NEEDY AND POOR IS NOT TITHE, PLS DON'T MISS THINGS UP.

You give to the needy not pastors who don't care if you exist.....if the pastors where torching lives, by giving back to the members people will not talk.... don't be brainwashed/received

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijokz(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
raddyworld:

When people don't understand the essence of an act we tend to argue it out of ignorance. Bro u are such a wonderful person with that attitude of love to your neighbour. But may I ask Many people here. WHAT DID U UNDERSTAND BY TITHE?
WHY DID GOD SAID WE SHOULD PAY TITHE IN OLD TESTAMENT?
WHO ARE THOSE TO COLLECT THE TITHE?
Did God make any of his commandments by force?

Tithe is the tenth percent of ur income.
Tithe was paid to the house of God so that there can be meat in God's house and not that God will come and eat ur meagre amount that u think without it church and pastors can not exist.
The meat are for those that labour in God's house without another Job.
Mind you when u give something to God it is an avenue for him to bless u more and preserve the rest.
Lastly if you decide not to pay Na ur palava God doesn't need ur money before he can bless his prophet and build his church.
Go and read the story of Elijah and the shunamen woman.
Those they said not to pay. Are like Pa jimoh who harvest maize from his friends farm bcus it was given to him and was told that for him to harvest like him he should sow small seed out of the maize that was given to him. But he was angry complaining that ground will eat out of his seed. And by that he continue with his system of life. But he that heed have more seed to harvest. It is because God declare that the ground should be fruitful. God doesn't eat ur small maize. It just want it to pass such process .
By this I will advice that bro to pay and leave those who think they are smart with only 10%.
What you can't give God is your God. And Hebrew 11:6 says....without faith it is impossible to please God.
I rest my case
He's the needy and we should be 'giving' to him and not advising him to 'pay'.
I advised him to save or invest so he can tap into it during difficult times to feed his family.
Stay safe.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dasanchez1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Youngzedd:

UNDERSTANDING TITHING

Read >> https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2380459938838755&id=100006243157247

Remain blessed.
Or those favourite Bible verse of yours grin grin grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dontbothermuch: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mayeldah(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
I am a Christian, paying tithe out of the N20k stimulus is not necessary.

God is more interested in our salvation than wealth.

Tithing is not compulsory.

Argue with your keyboard.

meanwhile, why are the churches not helping their dedicated members at this time when most of them are broke?

Any Christian law manipulated to collect from the sheep without commiserate willingness to help the sheep when things are rough for them is evil. For your information I attend RCCG. How many of their members and pastors have they help this Lockdown period?

Don't tell me you donated stuffs to Lagos state to fight COVID-19 when your members and Pastors are dying of hunger.

I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by lewis512(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
jmoore:

I made sense to those who are not BLIND. Those under the spell of manipulation will not see the sense.
You are been so cursed that why yo don’t know what a thread is meant for , for an hard to comprehend person like you to derail it
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by desiredhome: 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
emmasege:
God bless you for this beautiful response.

As a believer and lover of Christ, I have 'unsubscribed' from the law of tithing.

Now, I know I need to give because of my love for Christ and burden for furtherance of the gospel. In a bid to do this, my giving could be less than or more than 10%, it depends on my financial ability per time.

I Corinthians 16:2 urges Christians to give in a way that's commensurate with their income. The reverse is the case in Nigeria as some churches collect as much as 30% of income from some members in the name of tithes, Sunday worship offering, Sunday school offerings, monthly thanksgiving offering, birthday offering, mid-week offerings, departmental offerings, house fellowship offerings etc. At the end, most members are rendered impoverished and unable to live a decent life or attend to their personal needs.

Giving is part of a Christian lifestyle but it should be out of love and not out of compulsion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
So after all these they will still come and blaim Buhari and government for their frustrations
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by doggedfighter(f): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

First you must a relationship with the author of tithing - God.
He will explain himself to you and in every way you desire. He doesn't need your money o and he still doesn't instead he calls you to fellowship and obedience .

In summary to have a better understanding about tithing -ask Jesus into your life and he will teach you.
Shut up fake pastor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kingspin(m): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Only you decide what happen.

Whatever you are pleased with go ahead and do it the way you feel it.

1 per cent, 2 or 3. But I will not advise you to give all.

Be yourself not people
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by choo: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
Any pastor that made it mandatory for you to bring your tithe to the church is doing so for selfish reasons,reaching out to people around you which may not even be monetary are good gestures God cherishes, giving alms to the needy in cash and helping them in kind are path of tithing. Give your tithe to your needy neighbors especially this trying times,God sees our heart and will surely reward us for it. Don't be deceived

Rozz I strongly believe alms giving and tithing are two different things. Read up the Bible okay. If you love giving out your 10% as alms that's fine but you shouldn't teach both are the same, they're not.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by cray91(m): 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
I Tell you! He Really deserves a Very big Slap lol
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by desiredhome: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mayeldah:
I am a Christian, paying tithe out of the N20k stimulus is not necessary.

God is more interested in our salvation than wealth.

Tithing is not compulsory.

Argue with your keyboard.

meanwhile, why are the churches not helping their dedicated members at this time when most of them are broke?

Any Christian law manipulated to collect from the sheep without commiserate willingness to help the sheep when things are rough for them is evil. For your information I attend RCCG. How many of their members and pastors have they help this Lockdown period?

Don't tell me you donated stuffs to Lagos state to fight COVID-19 when your members and Pastors are dying of hunger.

I rest my case.

Because they care-less about their members, they only care about their pockets..... that is why church is now business venture for so many ....
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Dollabiz: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
Your choice
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jeyselassie(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

is your church opened for worship? And how much has your church donated for corona?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by peeps4u: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
tallceejay:
I ask you this day, do you want to be blessed from this 20k you received?
Do you want to be blessed during this difficult time? If the answers are yes, then pay the 2k as tithe.

This is the same statement made to always get the tithes from people.
The truth is that if the tithe he has been paying before has been obviously bringing him blessings, he wouldn't need opinions before he pays this 2k tithe. I'm sure he would be eager to pay the 2k tithe because of more blessings.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kingspin(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.
I don't think giving can make any person poor. I have never heard it before.

I don't have any problem with people that give or don't give. It a choice and both are right.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Londonland: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!
work of God or private property?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Londonland: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

First you must a relationship with the author of tithing - God.
He will explain himself to you and in every way you desire. He doesn't need your money o and he still doesn't instead he calls you to fellowship and obedience .

In summary to have a better understanding about tithing -ask Jesus into your life and he will teach you.
keep doing what you believe don't term anybody ignorant

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.