Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell (5458 Views)

If Jonathan And Buhari Stand In A Free And Fair Election TODAY Who Will Win? / 'Buhari’s Likely AGF Has High-caliber Fraud Suspects, Accused Terror Mastermind' / John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 6:01am On Jan 08, 2011
Kilode?!:

Yea i agree that was all he said this time. I'm less concerned about his specific comment this time, I made that short statement to "Wittingly" express my wonderings and worry about his writings and analysis over the years.

What exactly worries you of his writings and analysis?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by fstranger6: 6:15am On Jan 08, 2011
I love Kobo and her asinine questions!

[size=28pt]ROFLMAO[/size]
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Jakumo(m): 6:37am On Jan 08, 2011
After all the stupefyingly boring speeches have been delivered by dour prognosticators, and endless acres of innocent trees felled for processing into newsprint that will accommodate yet more long-winded dissertations on that baboon, Buhari and his mad dream to rule an Islamic caliphate called Al-Nigeria, that monkey will FAIL to get elected as a village dog-catcher, and will then of course FAIL to garner anything beyond universal ridicule, when he inevitably launches another in his series of still-born post-election lawsuits.

Die Buhari, Die. Ha ha ha ha
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2011
@Jakumo
please re-read my earlier post below:

GenBuhari:

@fstranger6 
Buhari is Not an Islamic fanatic.

If he was, he would not have married a Christian wife. Also note that 12 States adopted Sharia Law under Obasanjo.

If he was really a religious fanatic, he would have demonstrated this fact by his actions as head of state. Yet you people who says Buhari is an Islamic fanatic cannot find examples of any specific action he took as head of state that may indicate this.

Regarding his comments on Sharia law,  and muslims voting he explained that he was mis-quoted,  (probably by mischievious journalist on pay roll of his corrupt opponents).

Below is video of Buhari explaining how his comments were twisted by certain elements of the press.

http://www.saharareporters.com/video/general-muhammed-buhari-speaks

I have  other sincere questions for u:

Are you benefiting or have you benefited from corruption?

Was any of your relatives tried for corruption by the Buhari regime?

Have you watched the video link above?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Jakumo(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2011
Welcome to the bar, Virtual General Buhari, and grab yourself a beer while I tell you all about your real-life counterpart, the ugly and murderous Ayatollah Buhari, Nigeria's Prince of Darkness.

Upon toppling a democratically elected Nigerian federal government in 1983, then tyrant Buhari created the infamous and ambiguously worded Decree 4, which empowered agents of the state to seize and jail innocent civilians by the busload, on the strength of mere suspicions that the victims of such mass abductions may have  contemplated dissent against Buhari's rapidly festering dictatorship.  Many innocent people were thus quietly murdered on the DIRECT orders of Ayatollah Buhari, whose entire worldly existence shall remain deeply jinxed in consequence.  Till date, no other Nigerian dictator or president in history has ever crafted as repressive and insiduous an edict as Ayatollah Buhari's Decree 4.

Deeper into his reign of arbitrary terror, Buhari, while giddily dancing to the tune played by his now very dead puppeteer, Idiagbon the Horrible, decided on a whim to deprive Nigerian citizens of their most fundamental right - the right to freedom of movement, for one day EVERY month.  This criminal absurdity was enforced at gun-point by battle-ready troops who flooded the streets for one day every phucking month, tasked with forcing civilians to sweep up garbage from city streets, while assaulting, torturing, abducting and on occasion killing those caught trying to go about their own business on such "lockdown" days, during Ayatollah Buhari's hellish predation on Nigeria.

The fact that Buhari's autistic idea of a general lockdown and forcible cleanup day, called the Very Mental Insanity Day, continues to be imposed by democratic governments on Nigeria's populace TO THIS DAY, shall remain one of life's enduring mysteries.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2011
Jakumo,
Answer my questions.

GenBuhari:

@Jakumo
please re-read my earlier post below:

I have other sincere questions for u:

Are you benefiting or have you benefited from corruption?

Was any of your relatives tried for corruption by the Buhari regime?

Have you watched the video link above?

Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2011
This Jakumo of a guy is very high on lizard s. h.it. U keep on making false claim on Buhari. Let me tell u. All your ranting is just ur personal grief & nothing national. because Buhari told u to clean up your environment how is dat bad? Or are you doing it 4 him? because he told you to queue up at any public place dat demands, how does dat kill you? because he made/force pple to sell goods at the actual price (price control), dont u think dat benefited the common man on the street? Infact how does all this translates to Islamization/Shariazing Naija? I believe ur master have paid u well with a bag of lizard s]h. it to defame buhari at all cost. We all know Buhari is the best and PDP is going down this time around.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
This Jakumo of a guy is very high on lizard s. h.it. U keep on making false claim on Buhari. Let me tell u. All your ranting is just ur personal grief & nothing national. because Buhari told u to clean up your environment how is dat bad? Or are you doing it 4 him? because he told you to queue up at any public place dat demands, how does dat kill you? because he made/force pple to sell goods at the actual price (price control), dont u think dat benefited the common man on the street? Infact how does all this translates to Islamization/Shariazing Naija? I believe ur master have paid u well with a bag of lizard s]h. it to defame buhari at all cost. We all know Buhari is the best and PDP is going down this time around.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by PhysicsHD: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2011
People are seriously overestimating this old man's popularity.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
He is popular with all those who witnessed and remembered his 1.5 years of focussed leadership.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by PhysicsHD: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Buhari is a thing of the past. There would be more pressure on somebody like GEJ to perform well, since he feels that he would only be there via the grace of Nigerians, rather than as a rotational-presidency derived right.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
@PhysicsHD

Did you witness / remember Buhari's government?

If so , would you agree he has been the only effective leader in stamping out corruption?

Aitiku is loyal to IBB

GEJ is loyal to Obj

Buhari is loyal to Nigeria
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Jakumo(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Buhari would make an absolutely perfect wife and bung-hole buddy to Osama Bin Laden.  They both gleefully murder the civil rights of women and non-muslims, imagine themselves to be dieties, bugger goats for entertainment, and refuse to believe that they are nothing but stumbling relics of a dead and gone era, as Physics HD kindly noted above.

Get the phuck out of Nigeria, Buhari, you dimwitted cretin.  Osama is greased up and ready for you out there in his  filthy cave high in the Tora-Bora Mountains, where men are monsters, and women are fair game for target practice.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by 9ijaMan: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Buhari is a thing of the past. There would be more pressure on somebody like GEJ to perform well, since he feels that he would only be there via the grace of Nigerians, rather than as a rotational-presidency derived right.
That's very "smart" of you. Perhaps you should cut away the past from your life and see what you'll have left. I wonder which part of the Nigerian constitution stipulates a maximum age limit for any elective post. I guess I won't blame IBB at all when he said, Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership position. The only problem you have with Buhari is that "he's from the past". Just for once try to read your post before clicking the "submit" button.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by cheikh: 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2011
PhysicsHD
Did Campbell actually say he was perceived as being more democratic? Or just that he was perceived as not being corrupt? Buhari is actually perceived as being authoritarian. Or is curtailing freedom of speech democratic behavior? I think the spin, whether by Campbell or by whoever wrote this write-up, is unnecessary to sell the point.

@PhysicsHD- Are military regimes supposed to be anything else but 'inherently 'Authoritarian' and 'Undemocratic'? Curtailing so called 'freedom of speech' under a military regime isn't expected? The question Nigerians should be asking: Was Buhari/Idiagbon's rule or perceived 'authoritarian' rulership anything else but very 'Popular' with the 'majority'- ordinary Nigerian, than with the so called 'chattering Media class/ corrupt civilian elite?
Perversely, the regime was populist and 'acting' for the majority of Nigerians grin  Buhari was never perfect but none ever since, including the current leadership have been able to address the singular issue that is the bane of development in Nigeria- INDISCIPLINE! 'Freedom of speech' does not exist in an atmosphere of general poverty and Indiscipline. Poverty, 'lack of freedom of speech' and Indiscipline, are inherently synonymous. We can't blame Buhari for trying to change the general orientation and malaise pervasive in Nigeria ever since. Soldiers by their training/orientation, are not 'diplomatic' hence the gross perception that he's 'authoritarian' or 'undemocratic'. Nigerians love 'sugar coated' talkers, corrupt and lazy/inept people as leaders. Is it any wonder everyone is afraid of a personality like him for Leadership. I sincerely don't think it's about Buhari but about the 'Nigerian'. Nigerians do not want 'Change' hence the same 'old' people are still around and 'relevant' whatever internet Nigerians may think. Serious people/countries do not hope, wish, and depend on prayers and goodluck embarassed lipsrsealed (pun unintended). What a shame. angry
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Wumine(f): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
Why buhari? Why the same old same old? For the fact that he ruled Nigeria a zillion years ago and did this and that doesnt mean he is going to be the same kind of ruler. GEJ, i feel, is a better candidate as at today
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 09, 2011
@Wumine
Buhari is tried and tested and a proven anti-corruption leader.
Nigeria cannot afford taking a chance on unkown entities.

Wumine:

Why buhari? Why the same old same old? For the fact that he ruled Nigeria a zillion years ago and did this and that doesnt mean he is going to be the same kind of ruler. GEJ, i feel, is a better candidate as at today
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by PhysicsHD: 2:41am On Jan 09, 2011
GenBuhari:

@PhysicsHD

Did you witness / remember  Buhari's government?

If so , would you agree he has been the only effective leader in stamping out corruption?

Aitiku is loyal to IBB

GEJ is loyal to Obj
Buhari is loyal to Nigeria

No I didn't witness anything and never claimed that I did, I'm simply of the opinion that the coup itself was fundamentally dumb and one of the worst things ever to happen to Nigeria. The regime was illegal and it's crackdown on freedom of speech was just backwardness. I would agree that he was effective in stamping out some corruption but it doesn't take away the sin of plunging a democratic country backwards into military rule and towards totalitarianism. There are some other commendable aspects of the regime, such as its very commendable opposition to SAP, but not enough to give it a redo when there is a chance for a new administration that seems more focused on infrastructure and electricity and other more crucial things.

9ijaMan:

That's very "smart" of you. Perhaps you should cut away the past from your life and see what you'll have left. I wonder which part of the Nigerian constitution stipulates a maximum age limit for any elective post. I guess I won't blame IBB at all when he said, Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership position. The only problem you have with Buhari is that "he's from the past". Just for once try to read your post before clicking the "submit" button.

What are you talking about? When did I bring up age? I said he is a thing of the past. Here is a man who said Muslims should vote for a candidate that promotes Islam (backwardness, instead of integration and merit based voting he preaches division and religious sectionalism), who allowed PTF money to be used to disproportionately develop areas in the North rather than say, the Niger Delta or South East (backwardness, when true federalism and the proper use of natural resources are key issues that need to be dealt with to ensure the continued existence of Nigeria), who mocked the idea of national ID cards (backwardness, while every civilized/developed country keeps records and information, Buhari could care less about Chadians and Nigeriens or Beninese just waltzing into Nigeria and using the country without paying anything), who appointed people overwhelmingly from his ethnic stock and/or region to his cabinet (backwardness) and who I feel never merited being head of NNPC, or being chairman of PTF as he had no background in or special expertise in economics/business or strategic development but was granted such a role because of the backwards mentality of Nigerians that rewards military bosses instead of placing qualified people in their proper positions.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by mrblack: 5:16am On Jan 09, 2011
This is the mentality of some ignorant nigerians that make us remain like this after almost 50 years of independence, even OBJ have said it before,buhari is the only honest man to lead nigeria for now,but some people fail to admit,
9ja na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by johndoe200: 5:31am On Jan 09, 2011
We can no longer tolerate a president that pronounces the word "government" as "go'ment". Buhari is a criminal who should be tried for treason. No right thinking person can vote for such a dinosaur.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Jakumo(m): 5:47am On Jan 09, 2011
John Doe YOU IS DA MAN !

Pellow Kwantiri man. I am now head of Go'Moi ha ha ha ha
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 09, 2011
PhysicsHD
I am not suprised that you did not witness the Buhari government, because if you had you would not be arguing from a position of ignorance.

He achieved infinately more in his 1.5 year in power, than IBB and OBJ combined achieved in their combine 20years of misrule, by almost eradicating corruption !!  shocked and reducing in flation by approx 80% !! shocked

Buhari did not truncate democracy, because at the time of the couped Shagari had rigged the election, so at that point democracy had ceased. Furthermore it was a popular coup, meaning the majority of people  welcomed it.

Regarding his alleged statement regarding muslims voting, he was misquoted and in a recent videoed interview he explains this an other unfair allegations levelled against him. see the video of the interview by clicking the link below:

Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by 9ijaMan: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2011
Wumine:

Can you please give us an insight into GEJ's achievements which are yet to be visible to millions of Nigerians? While everyone is entitled to his/her own choice, at least it beholds of us whne we tend to engage in discussions as this to come up with sound reasons why we support a particular candidate against the others.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What exactly worries you of his writings and analysis?

I believe I already replied that; He is an America foreign policy analyst whose allegiance goes to the USA, given America's historical interaction with lesser nations I find his analysis and predictions suspect. I do not care if they favor me or not. I'm wary of American foreign policy experts.

Ever heard of Psyops? or the principles of public diplomacy?

These American experts understand the craft of influencing foreign public opinion and they do not shy from it.

Campbell is entitled to his opinion and analysis, opinion his other colleagues like Ambassadors Jeter and Sanders found issues with

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009300275.html Jeter's thoughts on campbell's analysis

Campbell's blog: http://www.cfr.org/publication/23398/nigeria.html

You can read more about Psyops and Public diplomacy in the link below if you so wish, it is an academic website and it contains a wealth of info on declassified official US documents, make some coffee and use the search tool. . .

http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/

I do not know If Campbell is trying to play some Psyops game on us or if he is indeed trying to influence the opinion and actions of the POTUS, Nigerian citizens, stake holders, troublemakers and others. Whatever his intentions are, I'm wary of him and his analysis.

He's entitled to his opinions, I believe I'm entitled to my fears, no?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Jan 10, 2011
You are definitely entitled to your opinion fears. Only the more you reveal of these supposed fears, the more I get the feeling this has more to do with John Campbell himself than it is about any/all diplomat(american or otherwise). I am almost tempted to ask what the heck the man did to you personally . . . lol
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 2:54am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are definitely entitled to your opinion fears. Only the more you reveal of these supposed fears, the more I get the feeling this has more to do with John Campbell himself than it is about any/all diplomat(american or otherwise). I am almost tempted to ask what the heck the man did to you personally . . . lol

You are really giving me too much credit if you think I have something to do with Campbell personally, I appreciate the compliment though. grin grin

Madam Kobo, you are funny o!  cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Jan 10, 2011
I am just going by your post there. . . cause I have seen your comments on other threads . .  it just seems on this particular one, you have a target and his name is John campbell, even with your belief there that all diplomats use psyops to influence policy in places like Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 2:59am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am just going by your post there. . . cause I have seen your comments on other threads . .  this particular one seems targeted more at the man, than your belief there that it is all Psyops of some kind.

What "comments on other threads"

I'm sorry you feel that way about my opinion of the man and his analysis, I thought I presented an explanation for that, but you know I can only try  cheesy BTW, I did not say ALL diplomats use Psyops( which is more military that civilian)

I mentioned that I'm wary of American foreign policy experts. I have no way of knowing know if they all use the same methods at all times and in all cases. One instance is enough to make me worry though.

Which other comments Madam?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Jan 10, 2011
You don't need to apologize any . . . just me wondering where this side comes from.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 3:44am On Jan 10, 2011
^^Madam, You are funny still. . . BTW, Do you still support Buhari
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Jan 10, 2011
Saying I support him would imply I believe he will deliver this nation somehow, but no. I will instead vote for him because I believe he is the best card we have to play right now if we truly want to shift power away from the Über corrupt gang who have held on to it (including those still fighting and clawing to get their piece of the corrupt pie) for so long. 

I lived through the Buhari-idiagbon regime and I can tell you for sure that there were more pluses than negatives in just those 20 months compared to what we got with the regimes before and after that period. No matter where you went in Nigeria, people felt the change -- it became a part of their lives almost overnight, and it took about 6 months after the Babangida coup for people to fully realize that the benefits we acquired during the Buhari regime were likely no more -- it took people that long to start shifting back to the old ways and mentality.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 4:05am On Jan 10, 2011
^^I kinda agree with your thoughts. Let me summarize mine:

I sympathize with a Ribadu ticket, I'm not crazy about ACN as such but I want a stronger opposition than we currently have, I dislike how PDP seems to have so much power and influence and I do not want our political class to be continually united in corruption. So an ACN/ Ribadu ticket might allow for some kind of needed albeit imperfect opposition to the ruling PDP or at least a check on their power and reach.

I'm worried about the new alliances they are forming with disgruntled Former PDP members, but I also realize we can't get perfection in our politics before April. I'm not opposed to an ACN/Buhari alliance BTW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Official Website Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Meet The Nigerian Governor With 4 First Ladies! - Gov. Murtala Nyako [photos] / Bauchi New governor Appoints Wife And Younger Sister In Key Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.