Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell (5461 Views)

If Jonathan And Buhari Stand In A Free And Fair Election TODAY Who Will Win? / 'Buhari’s Likely AGF Has High-caliber Fraud Suspects, Accused Terror Mastermind' / John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by jason123: 1:13am On Jan 07, 2011
fstranger6:

Compared to when?

Compared to when he initially started his campaign.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by fstranger6: 1:23am On Jan 07, 2011
jason123:

Compared to when he initially started his campaign.

what campaign?
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 1:43am On Jan 07, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Jonathan's campaign (visits, endorsements, allies) and his non-governmental supporters cut across more ethnic groups, states, and regions, than Buhari's.

well i believe/know buhari is already a party flag bearer but GEJ is still battling with d party primaries. We shldnt rule it out dat atiku might end up beating GEJ. There4 our analysis shldnt be based on GEJ and Buhari but rather we shld look at d wider picture. Besides, many of his (gej's) endorsements are fake bcoz d pple aint gonna give him their mandate at d primary. I know Buhari will beat any candidate (GEJ, ATIKU, RIBADU etc) hands down in d north. In d west maybe Ribadu will take most but IMO, its gonna be a tight one betwn all d candidates. If Gej clinches d pdp ticket eventually, the SE/SS will go to him with large margin. With dis i beleive Buhari will hve a good chance.

@fstranger26 you r entitle 2 ur opinion but mind u campbell was once an ambassador which means he might be able 2 read d national polity better than u. Wasnt he d one dat predicted d division of naija? And 2day we see naija seriously heading there as if it was a script play. I jst hope u try 2 look at tings unbiasedly and remove ethnicity & religious bigotry 4rm ur mind.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by PhysicsHD: 2:05am On Jan 07, 2011
Buhari ruled Nigeria from January 1984 to August 1985, when he was toppled in a miliatry coup. He is one of Nigeria's most popular politicians and is perceived as being more democratic than most of Nigeria's leaading politicians, according to John Campbell, a former US ambassador to Nigeria

Did Campbell actually say he was perceived as being more democratic? Or just that he was perceived as not being corrupt? Buhari is actually perceived as being authoritarian. Or is curtailing freedom of speech democratic behavior? I think the spin, whether by Campbell or by whoever wrote this write-up, is unnecessary to sell the point.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Jan 07, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Did Campbell actually say he was perceived as being more democratic? Or just that he was perceived as not being corrupt? Buhari is actually perceived as being authoritarian. Or is curtailing freedom of speech democratic behavior? I think the spin, whether by Campbell or by whoever wrote this write-up, is unnecessary to sell the point.

I think that depends on the way you choose to see it. There is no denying that in the 20 months the Buhari administration was in charge, Nigerian people really got much of what they had been asking their government for, and that is some semblance of sanity, something we have not had in this country since after those short 20 months. Since Democracy is really about giving the people what they want, one could argue that we did, to an extent, get what we wanted during that brief period in our history.

Do tell me if I sounded like yet another one of the coo-coo political arse kissers with that. ROLFMAO!!
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by fstranger6: 5:49am On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I think that depends on the way you choose to see it. There is no denying that in the 20 months the Buhari administration was in charge, Nigerian people really got much of what they had been asking their government for, and that is some semblance of sanity, something we have not had in this country since after those short 20 months. Since Democracy is really about giving the people what they want, one could argue that we did, to an extent, get what we wanted during that brief period in our history.

[size=18pt]Do tell me if I sounded like yet another one of the coo-coo political arse kissers with that. ROLFMAO!![/size]

yes, you do!
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Jakumo(m): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2011
Irrespective of the un-informed personal opinions expressed by an obscure and retired American parking meter attendant,  Ayatollah lock-'em-up Buhari will FAIL and FAIL spectacularly to actualize his demented vision of getting rigged into power as the head inquisitor in a backward Islamic caliphate called Al-Nigeria, where the stoning of women and the amputation of limbs would be elevated to the status of national sports.

The post 911 world, ably led by Uncle Sam, will NEVER tolerate rabid Islamic terrorists of Ayatollah Buhari's pathetic ilk to subvert the will of entire nations by election fraud, in order to preside over the resultant darkness and retrogression, while turning such nations into Al Queda terrorist training havens.   It just ain't gonna happen, y'all.

In conclusion, that bloodthirsty, thieving cretin Buhari does not stand a chance in HELL of becoming Nigeria's next dictator, regardless of how compulsively he squanders his embezzled wealth on FAILED presidential toilet runs, and FAILED court protests over his assured destiny of uninterrupted FAILURES.

Phuck you Buhari, and may you rot in hell shortly after the approaching epic election failure sets you up for a catastrophic stroke and heart attack that will turn you into a phucking vegetable.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2011
I wonder when John Campbell will get off Nigeria's cork. undecided
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by blinx4real(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2011
Attention seeking JOMBO aka Mr John Campbell, GEJ please give Mr Campbell a job so he can shut up and allow us breathe o
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Abagworo(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2011
No matter how many aliases the few GEJ supporters use it is unfortunate that his popularity has reached an all time low.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Mobinga: 9:09am On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

I wonder when John Campbell will get off Nigeria's cork. undecided
I wonder.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by SHEAU(m): 10:16am On Jan 07, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- A lot of assumptions you are making. Not sure that those assumptions are reasonable.
we should also ask fstranger to subtantiate with prove' Buhari wants a sharia state'
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by fstranger6: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
@fstranger6 
Buhari is Not an Islamic fanatic.

If he was, he would not have married a Christian wife. Also note that 12 States adopted Sharia Law under Obasanjo.

If he was really a religious fanatic, he would have demonstrated this fact by his actions as head of state. Yet you people who says Buhari is an Islamic fanatic cannot find examples of any specific action he took as head of state that may indicate this.

Regarding his comments on Sharia law,  and muslims voting he explained that he was mis-quoted,  (probably by mischievious journalist on pay roll of his corrupt opponents).

Below is video of Buhari explaining how his comments were twisted by certain elements of the press.

http://www.saharareporters.com/video/general-muhammed-buhari-speaks
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Depilot(m): 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
Of course, when you have people like Naijaman, Maga and Biggy b1 on Buhari's side and making sense, I think without rigging Buhari will win the election in a very big way.

1. Jonathan continues to show everybody that he is unable to lead anything.
2. Discipline is needed in Nigeria more than anything else, and it is on the record that the only president that has even brought us closer to disciplined environment is Buhari.
3. Buhari know s 1 or 2 things about leadership roles in a country full of uncivilized leaders and followers.
4. Buhari is the only candidate that isn't connected with any of our troubles from the past (Obasanjo and Babangida).
5.Jonathan knows nothing about our constitutions, therefore, expecting him to enforce them will be a total f00lishness. Buhari on the other hand will do everything to enforce/empower our constitutions from A to Z.

I say tomorrow may be too late, together let us bring real change and a new light that will lead us toward the right path.
Buhari 2011!
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Dede1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
Muhammadu Buhari is the living example of what is wrong with Nigeria. The man is a competent fraud and the product of disgraceful nepotism. He might have been qualified as infantry soldier but a commissioned officer of Nigeria armed forces. The brazen display of nepotism by northern region politicians and government of Tafawa Balewa by absorbing northerners such Buhari into Nigerian officer’s cadre led to January 15, 1966 coup.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

I wonder when John Campbell will get off Nigeria's cork.  undecided

Probably never because he was the ambassador to Nigeria and that means he probably knows more of your country still and will be considered an "expert" on issues Nigeria for a long time to come, or until the current ambassador learns enough to replace him.

My point is, the man has a right to an opinion even in this. It is safe to say that Nigerians do not themselves know how things work in their own country. Look at the wiki-leaks revelations for one -- details how foreigners seem to have their fingers on the pulse of our own government.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by fstranger6: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^POC: He is not an expert on Nigeria

And he will never be.

Stop acting like white people own us!
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Probably never because he was the ambassador to Nigeria and that means he probably knows more of your country still and will be considered an "expert" on issues Nigeria for a long time to come, or until the current ambassador learns enough to replace him.

My point is, the man has a right to an opinion even in this. It is safe to say that Nigerians do not themselves know how things work in their own country. Look at the wiki-leaks revelations for one -- details how foreigners seem to have their fingers on the pulse of our own government.

Yes, unfortunately we have a largely unenlightened leadership and that scares me especially when an American "expert" keeps repeating the same kind of thoughts over and over.

Call me paranoid but, the United States have an history that "smart" people like you are all to aware of, forget conspiracy theories, I'm simply speaking of information released out of declassified US documents about America's roles in the disintegration of lesser nations. I fear for my country.

Unfortunately, You are mostly right about us. The leadership deficiency we suffer in Nigeria plus the ignorance of our people will probably do us more harm than anything Imperial USA can do.

Still, I'm wary of American foreign policy experts, Campbell is an expert all right. But He's also a career US foreign service pointman, interested in protecting his countries interests and propagating her worldview, I honestly cannot fault that. I can't. I will do the same if I were in his shoes. I just hope our decision makers and stakeholders realize that fact when they take his advice and read his analysis.

That was why I said: I can't wait for John Campbell to get off Nigeria's cork.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
@fstranger the truth is bitter. I bet if campbell had said GEJ is more popular & would win under free & fair election u would hve started jumpin here & there saying Campbell is an expert on naija affairs. Afterall witches & wizards have endorsed GEJ  d) and u think they r experts
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

Yes, unfortunately we have a largely unenlightened leadership and that scares me especially when an American "expert" keeps repeating the same kind of thoughts over and over.

Call me paranoid but, the United States have an history that "smart" people like you are all to aware of, forget conspiracy theories, I'm simply speaking of information released out of declassified US documents about America's roles in the disintegration of lesser nations. I fear for my country.

Unfortunately, You are mostly right about us. The leadership deficiency we suffer in Nigeria plus the ignorance of our people will probably do us more harm than anything Imperial USA can do.

Still, I'm wary of American foreign policy experts, Campbell is an expert all right. But He's also a career US foreign service pointman, interested in protecting his countries interests and propagating her worldview, I honestly cannot fault that. I can't. I will do the same if I were in his shoes. I just hope our decision makers and stakeholders realize that fact when they take his advice and read his analysis.

That was why I said: I can't wait for John Campbell to get off Nigeria's cork.

All he said was that Buhari(possibly he admires the man on some level) is likely to win if we have a free and fair election next year. Nothing really of those we have in leadership now, except the part about free and fair elections.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Kilode1: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

All he said was that Buhari(possibly he admires the man on some level) is likely to win if we have a free and fair election next year. Nothing really of those we have in leadership now, except the part about free and fair elections.

Yea i agree that was all he said this time. I'm less concerned about his specific comment this time, I made that short statement to "Wittingly" express my wonderings and worry about his writings and analysis over the years.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nsiman(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
How will buhari win the presidential elections on the platform of a least popular party? Not possible
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nsiman(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
How will buhari win the presidential elections on the platform of a least popular party? Not possible
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by maga1: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Nsiman u have 2 wake up 4rm ur sleep. In as much as u & i know about CPC then do u think other people dont know? Its not all about the party but the individual (flag bearer) & thats the confidence GEJ lack. He doesnt beleive he can win on anoda platform. Buhari is courageous & i tell u CPC is going to produce several state governors in d north precisely (kano & borno 4 sure) come april 2011
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Akhenaten: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
Buhari would overwhelmingly garner his votes from the North. He is the much beloved politician in the North. The South is not united in their choice, in which we know the ACN would win in the South-West and the South-East would vote for anyone who has an Igbo person on the ticket.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by seanet02: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
@dede1, men you always dispt me and any other reasonable person here, buhari is the most credible man for the post. Or you will buy a ticket for uzor kalu with all he turned abia to
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Nsiman(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
The south is more united than u can think of, in 2007 aspirants were from the north, s.s, s.w, s.e but now check. If presidential candidates depend on getting votes from a section of a country, they may not make it. Reflect on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd republic, how political parties lose seats due to their regional based. Pdp has the highest members, it spread accross the federation and they can't vote for another party.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by Dede1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
seanet02:

@dede1, men you always dispt me and any other reasonable person here, buhari is the most credible man for the post. Or you will buy a ticket for uzor kalu with all he turned abia to

Pal, you make domesticated monkeys appear indispensible as you continuously show a considerable level of ignorance. For the sake of sanity, I plead with you to read beyond sectional politics.
Re: Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell by cheikh: 12:28am On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger6 [/b:
link=topic=580002.msg7482998#msg7482998 date=1294424318]
^^^POC: He is not an expert on Nigeria

And he will never be.

Stop acting like white people own us

@[b]Fstranger6
Most foreign diplomats(American&European) actually know more about your country and as such can be called 'EXPERT' on Nigeria. Ambassador Campbell was not sent to Nigeria on 'holiday' or like a typical ignorant Nigerian diplomat abroad-'cronyism'. Serious people/countries have Expectations and they Work [/b]for their home country 24/7.  They are usually very diligent and live up to 'National' Expectation/Interest- hence he's an [b]'Expert' or a Consultant on most things Naija. You cannot say that much of your own present/past diplomats(Nigerian) Diplomats should be aware/conversant with 'local'/internal politics of which ever place they are sent to on a mission- Campbell actually has local knowledge.

There's nothing 'acting like white people own us' about it. Knowledge is POWER grin They know about themselves and yourself even more so sad because that's his work. They are not unusually Lazy when sent abroad to represent/work for country as an Ambassador

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft / Lagos Ocean Surge Casualty Man-made - NEMA / 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60s and 70s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.