Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? (21479 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees / Nairaland Forum 2014 Watch-Night Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by bobobabe: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
I'm not surprised at this at all, we can also witness it here where many Nigerian pastors preach more on money giving always, even though the white that brought the christianity to us are not particular abt money instead the church still cater for the need of members here in western world. the end time has come indeed. what would JESUS do.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by dumodust(m): 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
nigerians are the only people that rationalise with religion and ethnicity as fronts. giving excuses for criminals that are robbing them blind and laughing at them at home. let the accused defend themselves,
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Image123(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
Controversy is the name of the game. you love this, don't you, jo &the crew?
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Lakeside247(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
This is a true sign of End Time. Imagine! i love Nija.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by blackcypha(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
aah! bizness as usual, LOL
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by stevetokyo(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
After reading all the post,,  I now believe that in the next 40years to come NIGERIA will never progress.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by CGKing(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
Obviously! Im not surprised. I know this is where all those [b]bomb [/b]worshipers will talk die. After killing ppl, u still think u have the right to criticise others about morals.

Anyway, i attended the program and didnt pay a dime. Its purely a crowd control strategy. Iv tried to read thru the thread and cant find a single alternative suggestion for controling the crowd at the center only useless criticisms. Anyway carry go, na ntaija.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by manmustwac(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
stevetokyo:

After reading all the post,,  I now believe that in the next 40years to come NIGERIA will never progress.
nigeria is drowning in religion

CGKing:

Obviously! Im not surprised. I know this is where all those bomb [/b]worshipers will talk die. After killing ppl, u still think u have the right to criticise others about morals.

Anyway, i attended the program and didnt pay a dime. [b]Its purely a crowd control strategy.
Iv tried to read thru the thread and cant find a single alternative suggestion for controling the crowd at the center only useless criticisms. Anyway carry go, na ntaija.
If there,s solid proof that he spent the one hundred thousand pounds sterling profit that he made from the event on the poor masses then we'll believe in his crowd control strategy but if the doh goes into his account then we'll think otherwise.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by mystikal(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
Is it your monies?
The no of those that paid that money is probably a small fraction of that Church membership.
And why is everyone ignoring the fact that all other venues were free apart from that Studio.

What is diabolic in donating a token to a Church to cover the cost it incurs in broadcasting.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by ifyclose2(m): 12:09am On Jan 07, 2011
mystikal:

What is diabolic in donating a token to a Church to cover the cost it incurs in broadcasting.

My brother, everything is diabolic about donating a token to a Church to cover the cost it incurs in broadcasting. It is simply not justified, PERIOD!
You do not charge people money to enter God's house, no matter the circumstances. Remember the passage in d Bible where Jesus arrived at a church and noticed that it was being turned into a fun-seeking and money-making venture, and He got really pissed and scattered the place.
There are 2 options here - Either look for a bigger venue or close the gates when the maximum sitting capacity has been reached.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by mystikal(m): 12:14am On Jan 07, 2011
That Jesus Story is not the same thing jare.

There were free venues everywhere ooo. I refuse to believe this was a money making venture, if not money would have been paid at all d other venues
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Altruist(m): 1:10am On Jan 07, 2011
Hw true is this?but dont forget not 2 judge so u wont be judged
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by jambya(m): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2011
It's ridiculous and he must be insane as a pastor to do such a thing; dt is if the story is true at all.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by IykeD(m): 2:41am On Jan 07, 2011
Oh now i believe, these are end times indeed. In the last days, strange things shall happen. I am glad judgement will start from the Church, Did i say anything? NO!
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 07, 2011
people saying the church introduced fees to control the crowd must be smoking what they do not know,i tot the more souls you win for God the better,shebi national stadium dey there,even the whole of silverbird galleria,you talk of the man being world wide and he is not know here in denver even at my church,my church was once duped by a nigerian church somewhere in amukoko,they just lkeft it to God to deao with them,I was ashamed to call myself a nigerian when i 1st introduced myself to my pastor and he went into what they went thru with the church in naija.what biz does a church have in starting a for-profit biz?will he be paying taxes on the biz or will he claim it is non profit?when they start making money will they claim same.na wah o
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by adevest: 6:36am On Jan 07, 2011
Nigerians can be very funny. No matter what you do someone will fault you. If the studio could actually take only 25,000 people and they all paid 1000 naira each, so the meager 25 million naira ( approx: 160,000 dollars will be enough to pay for the broadcasting of the program live to the whole world?.  You guys must be clueless.

People should be reasonable. Not every pastor is after money. Not all politicians loot public funds.

If your mindset is so corrupted don't assume everybody is thinking that way.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by DrDre1(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2011
Should've known this was going to make it here, better late than never though. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by sctnblog: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2011
Churches these days has gone public and would soon be in the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Ha
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by texazzpete(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2011
mystikal:

See this semi-literate fellow. How is a MANDATORY fee of N1000 a DONATION?

CGKing:

Its purely a crowd control strategy. Iv tried to read thru the thread and cant find a single alternative suggestion for controling the crowd at the center only useless criticisms.

Then you're not very intelligent. Simple allow only 25,000 people to enter, then turn back the rest politely. what's so hard about this? Even ordinary boys scouts can do this.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by lemur: 9:03am On Jan 07, 2011
I think people need to keep an open mind on this issue. What is fundamentally wrong with paying for a seat at a Christian event? The only trouble is that Nigerians want everything free of charge: free bibles, free attendance at conferences that are expensive to put together etc. The truth is that someone pays for those things -often people making sacrifices themselves because they believe in a cause. So if you don't care enough to attend the programme or to pay for it, then stay away and by all means shut your mouth on an issue that doesn't concern you!

In other countries of the world (US, UK, South Africa), Christain events are not always free. Conferences, conventions etc often require a registration fee. The poverty of our nation and indeed the poor mindsets of people (in addition to the need to provide maximum opportunity for impact) is the reason many religious organisations don't charge a fee, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with this in my view. I am not a member of Christ Embassy or even a fan of Pastor Chris, but I don't have to be to know what's not right.

Plus a word of advise to those who have been talking anyhow on this post about men of God: better to shut up than get on God's wrong side. He still means it when he says 'touch not my anointed'. Even when they go wrong, He can deal with them. God doesn't allow anyone mess with His anointed ones. If you don't agree with a man of God's practise, don't attend his church but by all means don't get yourself involved in what frankly doesn't concern you. It not worth crossing God over.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by delimit(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2011
In the name of crowd control,1,000naira X 30,000 peoples=30,000,000.00,thirty million naira from a single show.

This is big business,after the gate fee,offering will still follow-like 2 offerings(end of year and new year offering).
pastor chris, you are one of the pastors that is inviting armed robbers to the church.

Can't he just do it in a simple way by giving out invitation cards and distribute it across the parishes in Lagos and its environs.

End of time
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2011
The Church should know that there will always be consequences to its action which could lead to bad publicity for it and does not further the general good of the gospel. Next time, the organizers of the programme should be more consistent in their approach. let those who arrive earlier have access to the studio centre. When the capacity is reached, the overcrowd can be defrayed to other centres. Worshippers will respond accordingly. What would Christ do? Well Christ would not charge them but somehow the price will tobe paid if there must be acces. This is one of the laws of economic. There is always opportunity cost in peoples choices.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by texazzpete(m): 9:36am On Jan 07, 2011
lemur:

I think people need to keep an open mind on this issue. What is fundamentally wrong with paying for a seat at a Christian event? The only trouble is that Nigerians want everything free of charge: free bibles, free attendance at conferences that are expensive to put together etc. The truth is that someone pays for those things -often people making sacrifices themselves because they believe in a cause. So if you don't care enough to attend the programme or to pay for it, then stay away and by all means shut your mouth on an issue that doesn't concern you!

In other countries of the world (US, UK, South Africa), Christain events are not always free. Conferences, conventions etc often require a registration fee. The poverty of our nation and indeed the poor mindsets of people (in addition to the need to provide maximum opportunity for impact) is the reason many religious organisations don't charge a fee, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with this in my view. I am not a member of Christ Embassy or even a fan of Pastor Chris, but I don't have to be to know what's not right.

Plus a word of advise to those who have been talking anyhow on this post about men of God: better to shut up than get on God's wrong side. He still means it when he says 'touch not my anointed'. Even when they go wrong, He can deal with them. God doesn't allow anyone mess with His anointed ones. If you don't agree with a man of God's practise, don't attend his church but by all means don't get yourself involved in what frankly doesn't concern you. It not worth crossing God over.

it was supposed to be a church service, not a conference or show. what kind of zombie mentality is this? I wonder if you'd be pleased paying an entrance fee to attend your friend's wedding.
It pains me to see people so mentally enslaved over the 'touch not my anointed' thingy.

PS: who ever insisted that Bibles must be free?
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by vedaxcool(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2011
Abeg Make Una leave Oyaks alone oh! the Guy needs money to Jerry coil his hair and maintain im fine boy life style, or you think say it dey easy to dey live large?
Leave Oyaks alone oh! I don warn una, Flie wey no dey hear word go follow dead body go inside the grave, in this case you go follow Oyaks do fine boy/Fine girl as the case maybe.  grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by MELAA: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2011
This is what we call Sacrilege of the highest order.

The only way mend what has happened, is look for those that paid the gate fee and return there holy money to them.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by CGKing(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2011
texazzpete:

Then you're not very intelligent. Simple allow only 25,000 people to enter, then turn back the rest politely. what's so hard about this? Even ordinary boys scouts can do this.

An that is ur intelligent suggestion Mr So Intelligent? And when the church turns back ppl ur stupid newspapers will come again [b]"PASTOR CHRIS DRIVES AWAY THE NEEDY FROM SERVICE - Only the influential are allowed." [/b]In Europe, SA, US and other developing worlds, tickets are issued for crowd control, to predict attendance and to reserve seats. A fee was added as a way of having an organised program.

Since u r so intelligent, pls tell me y a money hungry pastor would charge gate fees for one venue out of over 30 viewing centers? For those that watched at home how much did they pay? Do u think the church did not anticipate that ur newspapers would use this a ruse to sell? Think any church is that naive?

Guy carry go

texazzpete:

it was supposed to be a church service, not a conference or show. what kind of zombie mentality is this? I wonder if you'd be pleased paying an entrance fee to attend your friend's wedding.
It pains me to see people so mentally enslaved over the 'touch not my anointed' thingy.

PS: who ever insisted that Bibles must be free?

Talk about zombie mentality, Some times ppl describe themselves without knowing. Did u pay for the event? Did anyone who paid complain to you? So which law or earth or chapter in the bible states that you may pay for shows and conferences and never church services? How can u compare a wedding ceremony with a ministry event? So what if anyone charges gate fees at his wedding? Does that not simply say not everyone is invited? lol.

Guy, u need to get out of this zombie mentality.

MELAA:

This is what we call Sacrilege of the highest order.

Na true, So killing in the name of God is what order?
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by Intrepid1(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2011
The dude is trying to raise bail money for when the EFCC will arrest him for money laundering!
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by mystikal(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2011
texazzpete:

I'll ignore your insult. But whoever said the fee was mandatory. Million others didnt pay a dime.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by dustydee: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2011
this is not true, right?
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by lightest(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2011
someone should tell me the difference btw this people defending the so call man of God charging his  follower ship  and the Muslim fanatics.
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by akacoded: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2011
, i don't wanna beleive this is true but if it's trus, then Jah save us!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Charges Gate Fees For Watch Night Service? by oluite(f): 10:54am On Jan 07, 2011
nuella2:

Pastor chris do not charge pple before praying for them. The healing sch is free for everyone. All the programmes organized by the man of God is free. Night of bliss in south africa at the soccer city is going to be free. If the intention was for money, then pple would have bought tickets to enter every christ embassy church that night. There were plenty other venues available for pple free. If someone cannot afford #1000 to enter the auditorium, he can simply stay at the next venue and hear the same message, at thesame time.

If is money pst chris can just charge every cancer case 5m, thats easier na grin grin grin
Christians were first called"Christians" because they behaved like Christ.I have read of crowd of people following Jesus in the bible infact miraculously food that was meant for one person will feed this crowd.I remember Jesus asking who touched me? to the crowd and the disciples asked him if he couldn't see the crowd.I have never read of people paying money as a means of crowd control.I am not concerned about the intention of the money.The question is what will Jesus do? Do you think Jesus would have resorted to N1000.00 to control crowd?

That people actually paid this money when they are other free centres and other churches shows we have a long way to go in Nigeria!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

TB Joshua Helps An Indonesian Lady & Her Family After Murder Allegation / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World / Winners' Chapel Celebrates 40th Anniversary Via Prophetic Feast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.