Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,812 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast (2017 Views)

Convention: 19 APC Youth Leader Aspirants, Others Join Dada's Campaign Team / Governor Ganduje Bribery Scandal: APC Reacts / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by PVision2020(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
3 hours ago on April 17, 2020, By John Owen Nwachukwu

The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State has reacted to Governor Nyesom Wike’s Friday’s broadcast to the State.

The party insinuated that Wike’s broadcast, threats and name-calling before the world has further exposed his governance style.

Wike had, among other things, said he would not allow anyone from Abuja give him directives in Rivers, adding that he was duly elected by the people.

Wike also attacked some chieftains of the APC namely, Chief Eze Chukwuema Eze and Chris Finebone.

The governor had also threatened to declare a total lockdown on the state should the people continue to flout his directives on the closure of markets and other business places.

He had also threatened companies in the State who failed to contribute towards the state COVID-19 fight.

Reacting to the Governor’s speech, Spokesperson for the APC in Rivers State, Chris Finebone, said the broadcast has further exposed the Governor.

Finebone said it would be a waste of adjectives to try to qualify the briefing and the governor’s performance, adding that the world saw and heard him.

The APC’s mouthpiece said this in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Friday.

He said, “In my decision not to join issues with anyone or the Rivers State Government on COVID-19 matters, I will not respond to the issues raised by Gov. Nyesom Wike in his press briefing today.

“I am convinced that to all those who either were present at the briefing or watched it on TV, or even those who listened on the radio, the governor’s demeanour and utterances before the world during the briefing have sufficiently provided an eloquent response to his briefing.

“Therefore, it will be a waste of adjectives to try to qualify the briefing and the governor’s performance. The world saw and heard him.

“I am very sure that the corporate organisations he threatened with reprisal actions if they did not donate to the state COVID-19 fund can sufficiently speak for themselves.

“However, I feel sad that the governor climbed down from the high office of governor to engage in name-calling and insult.

The governor did not need to have taken it personal with me and Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze by referring to Chief Eze as that ‘Ibo boy’. In Africa, respect is given to age and I am sure that Chief Eze is years older than the governor.

“In any case, I and Chief Eze never, directly or indirectly under any circumstances, canvassed, solicited or ever will accept anything under the leprous Wike government or his party in Rivers State.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/17/apc-reacts-to-governor-wikes-broadcast-on-covid-19-situation-in-rivers/

Cc: Lalasticlacla, Mynd44, Ishilove

1 Share

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Simplyleo: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
That 10b wey ft give Lagos pain Wike die. grin

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by PrivateNsofor: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
That 10b wey ft give Lagos pain Wike die. grin
[/s]
shatap

There's ongoing party in one thread like that
you're invited

7 Likes

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Federal Government should Thread with caution!

The State Government should also partner with the federal government...
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Okwyjesus(m): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nah waaa oh!
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike referred to Eze as that Ibo boy

Ikwerre people and their nonsense.....I laugh them in kiswahili....

Chukwuemeka Eze is Igbo and Wike is Ikwerre....

The fall of a man is nothing but a a gradual process

When the gods thinks he is too powerful, then he has to be reminded that he was carved from the wood

Wike is a nuisance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by adekolaelect(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike should trend with cautions bcs nothing last forever .governance is not abt how you make more Enemies with people .you are on your second term and no one can give you assurance that whoever you plant as your successor will be your friend forever you still need people after governance .ask Ameachi or Oshiomole .

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by SeamT: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
You can now report suspected covid 19 cases around you or yourself. To enable the health organization in charge of the case reach out to suspected infected person for test

https://covidtr3.com
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Ogegeodey(m): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
I like names of south south people lol

Finebone ko Fineboy ni grin grin

Their local names are the hardest word to pronounce and when it's English, it's always unique

Examples

Heineken
Wednesday
Saturday
Gulder Abi na Goldberg sef
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Afolabimills(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Correct governor continue to pepper all those parasites
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by alizma: 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
The issue at hand has to do with money. Wike felt he has been push aside. This COVID-19 has opened his eyes to see his position at the federal level and my governor is not comfortable with that sideline. Why will they decide not to give him his own part? River state has two confirmed cases that must be attended to and millions of people to protect. Any how, any how, make una shake body. At all at all na winch, this na Federal allowee. Make una shake body.
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Wike referred to Eze as that Ibo boy

Ikwerre people and their nonsense.....I laugh them in kiswahili....

Chukwuemeka Eze is Igbo and Wike is Ikwerre....

The fall of a man is nothing but a a gradual process

When the gods thinks he is too powerful, then he has to be reminded that he was carved from the wood

Wike is a nuisance.

And your type were chanting that there is no Indigenous Igbos in Rivers State

40% or more of Rivers state people are Igbos, including Wike.. And thus are the majority..

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by lilprinze: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike is definitely a thug.
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by OndoRaph(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
What will they not criticize? Any well sha, it is democracy.
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

And your type were chanting that there is no Indigenous Igbos in Rivers State

40% or more of Rivers state people are Igbos, including Wike.. And thus are the majority..

Wike is Ikwerre not Igbo.

Set wisdom not ranting online
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by PureGoldh(m): 12:19am On Apr 18, 2020
Wike should slow down...He should always think before he talk.

Yes,the people elected him....but he should learn to respect people way older than him.....No be everything wey dey him mind he suppose dey publicize.
Re: Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast by Richy4(m): 1:58am On Apr 18, 2020
In as much as he was trying to protect his own citizen/ people that elected him. He still got a boss.. Just imagine in a corporate world managers due to the fact that they have knowledge of their respective roles decided to ignore directives of the CEOs.. How will that organisations function.

Dialogue is always the best policy..As a public servant, public/ outright disregard / disrespect is not the best way even when u don't want to carry out a particular directive...

What kind of example were u setting by doing so because u might wake up one fine morning and discovered that your orders has been ignored by your subordinates and they went public with it instead of having a dialogue with you.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Recharge Card Giveaway Thread / We Love Lawlessness In Nigeria(pictures) / Adebayo Ojeyinka: A Yoruba Man In Anambra State Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.