Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise (897 Views)

I Just Made My First Million Naira. Wow! Advise Me / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise by reeny2020: 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
reeny2020: Quote Post
Hello nairalander I need your advice am married with one child but my husband is a government ministry worker and he doesn't like to do other things he believes more in the salary
Re: Advise by uzicuzy(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2020
All I see here is u complaining about ur husband yet u want a better life...wat is wrong with u working an bringing something to the table? For your information you can do much more than observe ur hubby as your job...go out there hustle..be career oriented bring in results maybe that might jolt him back to reality...#oprah..#alakija

6 Likes

Re: Advise by crackkhaus: 7:26am On Apr 18, 2020
Shey your own hand is paining you and stopping you from working to acquire your own property?

Abi no be women like you dey start foundation of house, which then motivates their husband to complete it?

Sit there and be waiting for your husband to give you a life of enjoyment.
So typical...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Apr 18, 2020
reeny2020:
Hello nairalander I need your advice am married with one child but my husband is a government ministry worker and he is lazy and doesn't like to hussel he has work for close to fifteen years and not even a property we are living in rented apartment.All the movie and telemundo he knows all of it now he doesn't go out or visit or have friend after work watch movie he even went to buy fire TV Even dou we have android tv. I don't want my life to be like my parents wasted life without any achievement what or how can I go about making my home an investment home. life is not all about eating food and be comfortable since food is not the problem what should I do.pls advice me

What do you do asides waking up, eating, and monitoring your husband's finance?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise by YourCoffin: 9:24am On Apr 18, 2020
Your husband is not lazy madam. He goes to work and feed you guys with his salary. He is just not business minded. Lucky for him he married you to compensate for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise by Bola146(f): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Are you not working? If yes, show his good example by saving and buying things yourself in your name

1 Like

Re: Advise by ibkayee(f): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
How are the domestic, childcare and financial responsibilities distributed in your household? I don't know enough information about your situation to tell you to go and do it yourself or to come to the conclusion that your husband is genuinely lazy

1 Like

Re: Advise by emmaodet: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
Acidosis:

What do you do asides waking up, eating, and monitoring your husband's finance?

Oooohhhhhhhh
Abasiiii
Mr Acid, u get bad mouth ooo

1 Like

Re: Advise by CAPSLOCKED: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
reeny2020:
Hello nairalander I need your advice am married with one child but my husband is a government ministry worker and he is lazy and doesn't like to hussel he has work for close to fifteen years and not even a property we are living in rented apartment.All the movie and telemundo he knows all of it now he doesn't go out or visit or have friend after work watch movie he even went to buy fire TV Even dou we have android tv. I don't want my life to be like my parents wasted life without any achievement what or how can I go about making my home an investment home. life is not all about eating food and be comfortable since food is not the problem what should I do.pls advice me

YOU'RE YET TO SAY WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING AND HOW YOU PLAN TO MAKE YOUR HOME AN INVESTMENT HOME.

HOW DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO TALK ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS WHEN YOU DO NOTHING BUT TOTALLY RELY ON YOUR HUSBAND?
LAZY PIG.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise by Biglittlelois(f): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ma'am this could work in your favour, if you're working(pls have an income) buy landed properties and investments in your maiden name only, flaunt your achievements in his face, if it doesnt jolt him back to reality, that means he is truly a lazy man with no ambition and no desire to progress, just let him be, there are shameless men living in houses built by their wives and driving their wives car, yours wouldn't be the first.

1 Like

Re: Advise by AFONAMARO: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
reeny2020:

What value have you brought to the table since you guys got married?
It's not enough to complain, bring something tangible to the table. At least he has Android and Fire TV to his name. What have you?
Re: Advise by emmaodet: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE YET TO SAY WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING AND HOW YOU PLAN TO MAKE YOUR HOME AN INVESTMENT HOME.

HOW DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO TALK ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS WHEN YOU DO NOTHING BUT TOTALLY RELY ON YOUR HUSBAND?
LAZY PIG.

grin grin
Hahahahaha
The entitlement mentality though.
When a lazy person thinks he/she is better off than another and criticising them.

1 Like

Re: Advise by Mariangeles(f): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
reeny2020:

A woman I know, her husband was a transporter and was doing very well.
She has three children and her own business too, but her husband gave them everything they ever wanted.
Unfortunately, the man suffered a terrible accident with a lifetime injury, but was lucky to be alive.
Everything changed in an instant! The woman had to step up her game because from thereon, she became the breadwinner. She had to cater for the kids and all their needs, while her husband got treated in their hometown.
At first, all she did was cry and cry and cry, till she realized that it wasn't going to solve anything, then she braced herself, worked harder and expanded her business.
Now, she's come to terms with reality and is coping well, and her husband is also learning to walk again.

The reason I shared this real life story is for you to brace yourself and quit depending totally on your husband's income. Life is unpredictable. In an instant, one's whole life could change forever.
Make plans for the future.
Re: Advise by bukatyne2: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
reeny2020:

What have you done to improve the situation?

(1) (Reply)

How Can She Get Her Property Back? / High Waist Flat Tummy Pant For #1500 / Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Winnings With His Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.