Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? (337 Views)

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? / Between music and furthering my studies, which one should I choose? / Between Learning A Skill And Furthering Your Education, Which Is More Important. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by B4Blez: 12:18am On Apr 18, 2020
Please Ladies and gentlemen! I need your advice on this. No insult please.
I am 21yrs. I'm Studying Science Education in the university almost finishing.
I have a strong passion for music, music gives me joy and happiness and I dream alot of becoming a music star. I started singing when I was 11 in the main choir because of my talents and ability to play piano. I have been given so many songs in my dreams, which are still unfinished work.
2018/2019, I decided to start developing my career in music. I released a song that didn't trend because of my inability to afford a good producer/promotion. It's not easy being a student and an artiste, especially since I don't have anyone supporting my music career.
My parents want me to go to school, they don't want to hear anything apart from school.
Few days ago, they called me and ask what I want to do with my life immediately after school. I told them plan of going into music full Time.
They suggest I should further my Education to masters and PhD. They always discourage me from singing, their reasons is what I don't know.
I was thinking of moving to Lagos to develop my career in music after school but at this moment I'm confused, I don't really know which step to follow.
Should I ignore them and develop my music career after school?
Or should I further my education as they suggested?
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by Quietly(m): 12:25am On Apr 18, 2020
Further ur eduction is better,but 4 musics you have 99% chance of been broke,but sorry i don't know ur talent 4 music carrier..
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by B4Blez: 12:30am On Apr 18, 2020
Quietly:
Further ur eduction is better,but 4 musics you have 99% chance of been broke,but sorry i don't know ur talent 4 music carrier..

Okay.... thanks
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by Reginaspice(f): 12:58am On Apr 18, 2020
My dear further your education while you have the opportunity to do so, as for your Music carrier you'll have plenty of time for it after school or even during school.

meanwhile as the lockdown conyinues if you are inerested in telecom business and you don't know

-- what it is all about,
--How to start such business
--when to start
send me chat now on whatsapp, the tutorial is free of charge.
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by yomi007k(m): 3:21am On Apr 18, 2020
Learn Trade.
Education.

You can always sing with your money.
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by B4Blez: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2020
Reginaspice:
My dear further your education while you have the opportunity to do so, as for your Music carrier you'll have plenty of time for it after school or even during school.

meanwhile as the lockdown conyinues if you are inerested in telecom business and you don't know

-- what it is all about,
--How to start such business
--when to start
send me chat now on whatsapp, the tutorial is free of charge.

Thanks
Re: Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? by B4Blez: 8:49am On Apr 18, 2020
yomi007k:
Learn Trade.
Education.

You can always sing with your money.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Use Paypal To Receive Money In Nigeria And Withdraw To Bank / There Is Too Much Money In Nigeria, Here Is The Only Way To Get Your Own Share. / Get An Approved Upwork Account In Minutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.