Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) (69314 Views)

NAFDAC Uncovers Factories In Aba Where Fake Wines And Fizzy Drinks Are Produced. / Indonesians Who Don't Wear Face-Masks Are Made To Lie In Coffins By Police (Pix) / Aba-made Face Masks: Here's My Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by afube: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=horsepower102 post=88571893]All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

Unfortunately Aba is in Nigeria.

[/s]

Why haven't the Aba locality figured out a way to provide all that you stated? Must all solutions come from Abuja?

deflective Yoruba arguments as usual? the largest independent power plant was built and completed by geometric power in aba years ago,go and find out what vindictive Nigerian policy has turned a 400 million dollar investment into. the defunct Biafra you see today will surely exit the Nigerian project sooner than you can ever imagine ! igboland will surely be free.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by dmaygee(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
nnatobryno:

Pls blame their Governors both present and past, esp. the one cooling off in prison.
The one cooling off in prison has been granted a state pardon.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
tolumizzy:
Jehovah

"Thou shall not call the name of the Lord your God in Vain"
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by NaMeAboki: 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Not sure the sterilisation will be effective, in view that the masks seemed to be dumped one on top of the other; without any guarantee that each individual would get the required dose of UV light to sterilize it.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by hardon1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
all i know is that the lady doing the explanation is sexy

how come theirs is just single layer. i thought the local on is made with two materials: white cotton material before the polyester
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by afube: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kidakudz5:
Lol.. any tailor can do this so I don't know why all this chesbeating due to inferiority complex..

ok.....its easy now...can you supply me 1000 packs for my community.bloody afonja
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by eaglechild: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
Matrimonous:

You didn't get my point at all.
My point is that we are doing copy copy in following the strategies adopted by countries where covid-19 is far more virulent. Strategies that as a poor nation we have no capacity for.
I went on to state that rather than employ copy copy strategies we should rather have fashioned our own way of combating it. A strategy we could better handle, one we have the capacity for.
Modern medicine is evidence based, and guided by scientific research.
The evidence before us is simple, this is a new virus that has caused significant devastation.
The countries that instituted strict lockdown, travel restrictions wide spread testing and use of face masks early, example New Zealand, The Czech republic, Taiwan, South Korea etc, saw a dramatic reduction in new cases and were able to reduce transmission to a barest minimum.
On the contrary the countries who did otherwise or instituted late lockdown like USA, etc are dancing a different tune.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by DedeNkem: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
horsepower102:
All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

And to make things worse, Ikpeazu is the "governor"!
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by glowingflame7: 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Profayo:
Making a Facemask is beyond just sewing clothes together,there are specific materials that must be used, there are quality control checks it must be subjected to

You need to start from somewhere. It's far better than nothing. There's shortage in supply of N95 masks globally. All over the world, people are encouraged to improvise. Some are using tissues, some handkerchiefs. So this is very commendable.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 19, 2020
eaglechild:

Modern medicine is evidence based, and guided by scientific research.
The evidence before us is simple, this is a new virus that has caused significant devastation.
The countries that instituted strict lockdown, travel restrictions wide spread testing and use of face masks early, example New Zealand, The Czech republic, Taiwan, South Korea etc, saw a dramatic reduction in new cases and were able to reduce transmission to a barest minimum.
On the contrary the countries who did otherwise or instituted late lockdown like USA, etc are dancing a different tune.
Stop taking me back.
Stop using countries that are in regions that's home to the virus to compare to us. In those places the virus is 1,000 times more contagious. Within same period we moved from an index case to nearly 500 today, those countries moved from an index case to tens of thousands. Some over a hundred thousand yet so far we've been just as careless as any country in dire situation had been.
We have a case unique to us and should have taylored our response to suit our situation rather than copying measures we can't cope with that's already falling apart, forming another avenue for what may be massive looting.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 19, 2020
Tango123:

Oga, u have a big point on lack of social supports for Nigerians by the government

U are right that Nigeria is not doing enough testing. What if that is the reason we are having low numbers of confirmed cases? I really dont know.

But then again, as I said, u are right that hunger is making people not able to respect the lockdown. And that has the potential of leading to social anarchy

So what do you suggest. You are raising valid points. How do you want the government to control this virus. Let's move away from what they are not doing. I will like to hear from you what they should be doing right now.

Whatever you suggest, dont say because it worked for ebola. As we both agreed, they are different viruses, affect different body systems, transmit in different ways, and people become infectious at different times.

I will really love to hear ur suggestions. You really sound intelligent. I love exchanging ideas with fellows like u sir
Dear, both Ebola and Covid-19 are very similar with respect to modes of transmission. The major difference is that ebola proved to be far more contagious and about 20times deadlier than the covid - 19.
Both are being addressed in same ways with respect to stopping the spread like use of PPE and decontamination.
The major difference in the handling is that the white man brought up the aspect of lockdown which before now was unknown to us. It's needless to state that lockdown could as well have been instituted in the fight against ebola. Had it been Ebola that afflicted China there would have been a lockdown of course. So you see, there can really be no difference between how they can both be addressed.
This extra measure(lockdown) we've adopted on covid-19 which actually is also applicable to Ebola but was never mooted came from copying.
Anyone knows that between the two, Ebola was by far deadlier to us(reaching fatality rates of up to 90% as against 10% for covid-19) because tropics is home to it and if anyone of the two deserved an extra measure it's the Ebola.
At first I had personally supported the lockdown but as we got on with it I realized it was doomed. We haven't copied well as we don't have the means for it and then the news of sharing billions of Naira in just 3days to individuals that don't even want to be identified as poor was even sickening. I saw corruption at work. With all those billions shared how many Nigerians have facemasks?. The very things needed by the masses to check the spread and for protection were lacking and outrightly very expensive. What was done in making them available and affordable?
We have local factories wishing to produce facemasks massively and even a governor has declared he was only waiting for the Federal Government's green light to supply millions of facemasks from his state to the rest of the country. In a nutshell, government doesn't seem to be patronizing local production of key supplies needed against covid-19. I believe even sanitizers can be produced massively enough to drive the price down. I made the ones I'm using following WHO's guidelines as it became pretty expensive to buy.
On the last thing you've suggested on bringing up alternative steps we could've taken in a bid to contain the virus, that is something already within my wits but then it could take pretty much of my time to plan and list the steps. After wracking my brain on it right here on nairaland it do be just another comment. Of what use will it be after all the efforts?
If I were writing an article or research work to be published that do be my gain at least.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by VictorEbhodaghe: 2:33am On Apr 19, 2020
horsepower102:
All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

Which facility is this?
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by letilex: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2020
I DID THIS VIDEO ON HOW TO STAY SAFE QUARANTINED PLS WATCH AND SHARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUV7rfOVco
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Tango123: 9:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Matrimonous:

Dear, both Ebola and Covid-19 are very similar with respect to modes of transmission. The major difference is that ebola proved to be far more contagious and about 20times deadlier than the covid - 19.
Both are being addressed in same ways with respect to stopping the spread like use of PPE and decontamination.
The major difference in the handling is that the white man brought up the aspect of lockdown which before now was unknown to us. It's needless to state that lockdown could as well have been instituted in the fight against ebola. Had it been Ebola that afflicted China there would have been a lockdown of course. So you see, there can really be no difference between how they can both be addressed.
This extra measure(lockdown) we've adopted on covid-19 which actually is also applicable to Ebola but was never mooted came from copying.
Anyone knows that between the two, Ebola was by far deadlier to us(reaching fatality rates of up to 90% as against 10% for covid-19) because tropics is home to it and if anyone of the two deserved an extra measure it's the Ebola.
At first I had personally supported the lockdown but as we got on with it I realized it was doomed. We haven't copied well as we don't have the means for it and then the news of sharing billions of Naira in just 3days to individuals that don't even want to be identified as poor was even sickening. I saw corruption at work. With all those billions shared how many Nigerians have facemasks?. The very things needed by the masses to check the spread and for protection were lacking and outrightly very expensive. What was done in making them available and affordable?
We have local factories wishing to produce facemasks massively and even a governor has declared he was only waiting for the Federal Government's green light to supply millions of facemasks from his state to the rest of the country. In a nutshell, government doesn't seem to be patronizing local production of key supplies needed against covid-19. I believe even sanitizers can be produced massively enough to drive the price down. I made the ones I'm using following WHO's guidelines as it became pretty expensive to buy.
On the last thing you've suggested on bringing up alternative steps we could've taken in a bid to contain the virus, that is something already within my wits but then it could take pretty much of my time to plan and list the steps. After wracking my brain on it right here on nairaland it do be just another comment. Of what use will it be after all the efforts?
If I were writing an article or research work to be published that do be my gain at least.

Good morning sir.

Your critique of the corrupt behaviours of the Nigerian government is spot on.

And so are the many things you said above.

But for the sake of those who read on nairaland and who may not have the time to do research, I wish to state again my disagreement with your point that Ebola and Covid are similar. THEY ARE NOT SIMILAR.

Yes ebola has higher fatality rate than covid19. But, there is a point which you have refused to accept. I will state it below

You can only infect someone with ebola if you have started showing symptoms. So if you are isolated at that point, you wont infect anyone else.

But with Covid, you can give it to someone even if you are not showing symptoms. That is why it is way more infectious. In the sense that you can travel from lagos to Abuja in a bus or plane, infect everyone in the plane or bus, and while in Abuja, as you take public transportation moving around to do your business, you infect even more people.

Now imagine that scenario. That man within one week of travelling from Lagos to abuja could infect up to 500 people (assuming use of public transport, which is the mode of transportation for most Nigerians). And he would not even know. Mind you, incubation period for Covid is up to 3 weeks for those who show symptoms. Some never do and still infect others

Compare that with ebola, he will not infect people until he begins to have symptoms, at which time once he is isolated, no more contagion.

Sir, whatever you write here about your well thought out critique of Nigerian government handling of this crisis, please dont conflate it with ebola as that will send the wrong message.

In same countries, lockdown is not lockdown for it's own sake. Lockdown is used to buy time so that they increase testing, provide more masks, increase hospital capacity, etc etc. In Nigeria, our politicians have always been corrupt, and they will and are using this as opportunity to steal more. And they forget that when shit hits the fan, even they themselves can also die. If the death of Kyari doesn't teach them that they are not immune to covid19, I can't teach them that.

Our lockdown should be an opportunity to slow spread a but, get testing extremely high so that we can isolate cases fast enough, introduce compulsory use of masks. But like in many things, our leaders will not do that. Instead they are busy looking for ways to steal more money.

So, let's differentiate political incompetence and corruption from epidemiological science. Let's differentiate lack of leadership from thorough public health principles. Conflating the two risks grave errors.

At next election, if we Nigerians want to, we can continue to elect people on the basis of tribe and religion. If we do that, we get what we deserve. And when shit hits the fan, then we face the consequences without complaining. He or she who brings ant infested firewood into his or her house is inviting lizards to a feast.

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kidakudz5: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2020
afube:

ok.....its easy now...can you supply me 1000 packs for my community.bloody afonja
shut the fvck up idiot.. whats so special about this? Bloody flat.head osu suffering from inferiority complex..
I sew the one I am using my self and I didn't make noise about it..
Goat
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Tango123:

Good morning sir.

Your critique of the corrupt behaviours of the Nigerian government is spot on.

And so are the many things you said above.

But for the sake of those who read on nairaland and who may not have the time to do research, I wish to state again my disagreement with your point that Ebola and Covid are similar. THEY ARE NOT SIMILAR.

Yes ebola has higher fatality rate than covid19. But, there is a point which you have refused to accept. I will state it below

You can only infect someone with ebola if you have started showing symptoms. So if you are isolated at that point, you wont infect anyone else.

But with Covid, you can give it to someone even if you are not showing symptoms. That is why it is way more infectious. In the sense that you can travel from lagos to Abuja in a bus or plane, infect everyone in the plane or bus, and while in Abuja, as you take public transportation moving around to do your business, you infect even more people.

Now imagine that scenario. That man within one week of travelling from Lagos to abuja could infect up to 500 people (assuming use of public transport, which is the mode of transportation for most Nigerians). And he would not even know. Mind you, incubation period for Covid is up to 3 weeks for those who show symptoms. Some never do and still infect others

Compare that with ebola, he will not infect people until he begins to have symptoms, at which time once he is isolated, no more contagion.

Sir, whatever you write here about your well thought out critique of Nigerian government handling of this crisis, please dont conflate it with ebola as that will send the wrong message.

In same countries, lockdown is not lockdown for it's own sake. Lockdown is used to buy time so that they increase testing, provide more masks, increase hospital capacity, etc etc. In Nigeria, our politicians have always been corrupt, and they will and are using this as opportunity to steal more. And they forget that when shit hits the fan, even they themselves can also die. If the death of Kyari doesn't teach them that they are not immune to covid19, I can't teach them that.

Our lockdown should be an opportunity to slow spread a but, get testing extremely high so that we can isolate cases fast enough, introduce compulsory use of masks. But like in many things, our leaders will not do that. Instead they are busy looking for ways to steal more money.

So, let's differentiate political incompetence and corruption from epidemiological science. Let's differentiate lack of leadership from thorough public health principles. Conflating the two risks grave errors.

At next election, if we Nigerians want to, we can continue to elect people on the basis of tribe and religion. If we do that, we get what we deserve. And when shit hits the fan, then we face the consequences without complaining. He or she who brings ant infested firewood into his or her house is inviting lizards to a feast.
Firstly shit hitting the fan scenario does not apply in the case of covid-19 because it's an imported disease not by the masses but by the elites themselves
It's the leaders and those with money to junket round the world that are importing it. It's alien to the tropics.
All that you feel should be done in lockdown isn't really happening to the best of my knowledge and that's what you get when a clime copy with no sense of purpose. If at all they know what they are doing guess they wouldn't have had to import Chinese Doctors.
I keep explaining to you there is no basis for comparison between the virulence of Ebola and Sars-cov-2 right here in the tropics but you don't seem to have gotten that point dear.
The SARS virus needs cold and dry conditions to really mete out the kind of mayhem we are seeing in the West and we really don't have those weather conditions here as such. So it's a thousand times far less contagious here than in the temperate regions where it's wreaking havoc.
What that means is that the argument of when either of them becomes infective is immaterial here. This is evidenced in the fact that countries with a fraction of our population, with far better health systems and levels of preparedness are counting in tens upon tens of thousands of confirmed cases while we are counting in a few hundreds.
I also explain earlier that even going by the fact Ebola only becomes infective at the time symptoms begin to appear, with our lackadaisical manner of approach, from the time someone that starts showing symptoms of ebola to the point it's confirmed in a test and the victim isolated you can't even begin to imagine how many he/she may've infected. Remember Nigerians often treat the first signs of illness with levity. They first try to bear and then the next step is to approach chemists. It's not till things get out of hand they begin to cry for help. Even testing is not even readily available.
With Corona, men that had been living with their families long before showing symptoms to the time they tested positive have been shown not to have infected any member of their families. You should know this wouldn't have been so with Ebola.
It bears repeating that our weather here is mostly, warm, humid, and moist. These are not favourable conditions for Corona which needs cold and dry conditions. THE POINT TO BE DRAWN FROM THERE IS THAT OUR SITUATION WITH COVID-19 IS DIFFERENT. IT'S UNIQUE TO OUR CLIME. WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME SHOES AS THE WESTERN COUNTRIES SO MUSTN'T COPY EVERYTHING WE SEE THEM DOING EVEN WHEN WE LITERALLY DON'T HAVE CAPACITY FOR IT. If we could do without a lockdown on Ebola which was as VIRULENT HERE IN THE TROPICS AS SARS-COV-2 HAS BEEN IN THE TEMPERATE REGIONS, we can do without it on SARS-cov-2 as well. Our lockdown that's not even lockdown owing to copying without planning.
On the elections, this government has proven it beyond reasonable doubt our votes don't count. If the electoral umpire could brazenly rig for a candidate, what is there left for us to decide my dear?
Finally, political incompetence and corruption have direct and indirect impact in the handling of any epidemic. For instance Lagosians ought to be the first set of people to get the so called FG money transfers to keep them at home if nothing else but we didn't see that happen. At a point billions had already been said to have been distributed in the northern states not even one person in Lagos has gotten a kobo whereas those still going about their normal businesses in some northern states were the ones they started with.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Cubia(f): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
No big deal here. Cross rivers state produce masks too. I'm Igbo too before u people attack me. People all over the world produce masks without chest beating. Rest abeg.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by afube: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kidakudz5:
shut the fvck up idiot.. whats so special about this? Bloody flat.head osu suffering from inferiority complex..
I sew the one I am using my self and I didn't make noise about it..
Goat

wasiu agbabiaka !!........bloody afonja!! you see pretty igbo woman your blood pressure come dey rise....come on bow to your betters .bloody wimp
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kidakudz5: 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
afube:

wasiu agbabiaka !!........bloody afonja!! you see pretty igbo woman your blood pressure come dey rise....come on bow to your betters .bloody wimp
which pretty igbo woman? gringrin bloody asswipe with inferiority complex..
Goat grin grin grin grin
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kidakudz5: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Cubia:
No big deal here. Cross rivers state produce masks too. I'm Igbo too before u people attack me. People all over the world produce masks without chest beating. Rest abeg.
i wonder why the chestbeating.. I even sew the one I am using.. I also sew for my friends..
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by afube: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kidakudz5:
which pretty igbo woman? gringrin bloody asswipe with inferiority complex..
Goat grin grin grin grin

so you see am............you are just a filthy asswipe ...........you can only wish! certainly cannot touch! nurudeen !!
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kidakudz5: 12:46am On Apr 20, 2020
afube:

so you see am............you are just a filthy asswipe ...........you can only wish! certainly cannot touch! nurudeen !!
i didn't see any pretty igbo woman there.. I'm just wondering were you saw such that made you to quote me.. and I don't touch yamleg hairy masculine women..
Motherfucker grin grin
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by afube: 1:10am On Apr 20, 2020
Kidakudz5:
i didn't see any pretty igbo woman there.. I'm just wondering were you saw such that made you to quote me.. and I don't touch yamleg hairy masculine women..
Motherfucker grin grin

go jump into the lagoon with your tiger clawed face.................filthy hag!

we will soon cease to occupy the same space with your filthy clan.......thank God you dont like our pretty damsels, you can pour out your filty lust into monsura at your ile epo bus stop office,oga owomida! cannot wait to see the back of your type......tufiakwa
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kidakudz5: 1:33am On Apr 20, 2020
afube:

go jump into the lagoon with your tiger clawed face.................filthy hag!

we will soon cease to occupy the same space with your filthy clan.......thank God you dont like our pretty damsels, you can pour out your filty lust into monsura at your ile epo bus stop office,oga owomida! cannot wait to see the back of your type......tufiakwa
why are you crying? I say I nor see any pretty woman there and you are crying..
First of all tell your emigrating miserable people to stop coming to our place or do you see us in your lands??
Foolish asswipe.. you guys will just kill yourself with inferiority complex..
Bloody useless drug dealer..
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
nnatobryno:

Pls blame their Governors both present and past, esp. the one cooling off in prison.
what about electricity that is in exclusive list, will u blame the governors too?
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kidakudz5:
why are you crying? I say I nor see any pretty woman there and you are crying..
First of all tell your emigrating miserable people to stop coming to our place or do you see us in your lands??
Foolish asswipe.. you guys will just kill yourself with inferiority complex..
Bloody useless drug dealer..

if we stop now , u will join nigerian army to force us to be one nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Took Tramadol Overdose Faints, Friends Pour Him Water (Photos) / Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures / 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.