Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) (49539 Views)

Wike Seals Jones Ogbonda's Hotel, Bar In Rivers State / RRS Lagos Twitter Handler Goofs, Replies Hundeyin, Lagos Police Command Reacts / EndSARS: Lagos State Police Command Reacts To Attack On RRS Operatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by moderatedguy: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Openbusiness:
What's their offense? Which crime did they commit? Government said not more than 20 people are allowed to congregate together. They are not even up to 10. They were eating and drinking, which the government also allowed. Food services are under essential services allowed by the government to operate, so the business owner did not break any law opening shop to sell food and drinks to hungry people. The customers have a right to buy food and drinks for themselves. They were not sitting on themselves, they sat on chairs with some space in between. So why are they being arrested? The greatest problem of this NPF today is MISINTERPRETATION OF THE LAW and Executive Orders. They always twist the interpretation of the Law and Executive Orders upside down and this is what continues to give them a bad public image as if they are compound illiterates, dullards or oppressors.

For example:

FG Govt Law: CYBER CRIME IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE
NPF Officers interpretation: Any youth with a computer is a cyber criminal

IGP Order: Bail is Free
NPF Officers interpretation: You must pay bail before you are released

Nawa oh undecided
Government said everyone should stay indoors if not u wud just be boosting Police men pocket....by paying for bail
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Precious4real50(f): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lock them and throw away the keys.useless people

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by dederocs(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
Police can not arrest people for being outside, its a lockdown to reduce movement, but not a stay at home order, government can not force us to stay indoors, we can move around our neighbourhood and axis. No law mandating the police arresting those outside, police can only disperse and advice them.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by guru90: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Focusmind:
Nigerians. I am sure most of them are from SE. They like beer die.

Hahahaahaha
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by 2016v2017: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
OPONG:
Some people don't care about this virus undecided undecided

it's bad

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by dederocs(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
ayomidays:
what if one of the drunkard prove stubborn nd get shot by d police, the useless youth will now come out to shout like dog...... people are complaining of no food these ones are busy looking for bear parlour.... when instead of arresting them, they should be flog 200 strokes of Cain each
you are a zombie, police is not mandated to arrest but advice people to stay indoor.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by olajosy: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
This is why Lagos state keep having the highest rate of covid - 19 patients in Nigeria. As of today 493 are positive, 159 are discharged and 17 are dead compared to march 17 last month that we recorded just 1 person infected. Do we need it to get to what other foreign country are experiencing before we change our mentality positively towards it Please observe personal hygiene, social distancing and stay save to keep hope alive for yourself, friends and family. May God help us all to know that prior proper preparation prevent poor performance. We shall not become a victim but a Victor in this battle of covid - 19 in Jesus name.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by mechanics(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
They don't know what they are doing is wrong.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by bonnyhope: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
Focusmind:

Wetin ibo people do una sef

Can someone explain
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by victoriaify1992: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
That is the issue because he made us sign before the Corona lock down thing. So now once this is over I'm 100% sure that he will be coming for us immediately. So I really want to secure a place for us as soon as so that once the lock down is over we are moving please I really need help please everyone
xtremerules:

Your landlord cannot push you out. Stand on your rights or take the issue to the local government. Untill this is over.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Openbusiness:
What's their offense? Which crime did they commit? Government said not more than 20 people are allowed to congregate together. They are not even up to 10. They were eating and drinking, which the government also allowed. Food services are under essential services allowed by the government to operate, so the business owner did not break any law opening shop to sell food and drinks to hungry people. The customers have a right to buy food and drinks for themselves. They were not sitting on themselves, they sat on chairs with some space in between. So why are they being arrested? The greatest problem of this NPF today is MISINTERPRETATION OF THE LAW and Executive Orders. They always twist the interpretation of the Law and Executive Orders upside down and this is what continues to give them a bad public image as if they are compound illiterates, dullards or oppressors.

For example:

FG Govt Law: CYBER CRIME IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE
NPF Officers interpretation: Any youth with a computer is a cyber criminal

IGP Order: Bail is Free
NPF Officers interpretation: You must pay bail before you are released

Nawa oh undecided

They allowed people to eat in. The governor has ordered restaurants and other eateries to only operate on a take away basis. They are not to allow customers to sit at their premises to eat.

https://www.businessamlive.com/covid-19-sanwo-olu-orders-eateries-to-only-serve-food-in-takeaway-packages/
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Openbusiness: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
moderatedguy:
Government said everyone should stay indoors if not u wud just be boosting Police men pocket....by paying for bail
Stay indoors because food grows inside our kitchen magically, hunh? The government said WE ARE ALLOWED TO BUY FOOD, DRINK AND MEDICINES. During this lockdown I have been to hospital many times to buy medicines. Or is it everybody that has money to stock 6months food supply in their house at once? It is not against the law to go out and buy food and drink to eat. And it is not against the law for any food seller to open, unless they are in the popular crowded markets the government closed.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by fortran12: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
etibaba:
Good one from the RRS, but I will like to know when the attendees of Abba Kyari burial will be arrested and sentenced according to the lockdown laws guiding Abuja. Zero social distancing was observed and also the attendees were over 70; are we saying the law isn't Supreme?
Did the burial take place in lagos?
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
It seems they are celebrating

Bar man give me one bottle
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Openbusiness: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
naptu2:

They allowed people to eat in. The governor has ordered restaurants and other eateries to only operate on a take away basis. They are not to allow customers to sit at their premises to eat.

https://www.businessamlive.com/covid-19-sanwo-olu-orders-eateries-to-only-serve-food-in-takeaway-packages/
Ok, so while the food seller is preparing their nkwobi order, the people should not sit down and wait? Or does that canteen look like Tantalizers, Mega Chicken or Eko Hotel that have many servers that can attend to plenty customers at once?

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by ayomidays: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
dederocs:

you are a zombie, police is not mandated to arrest but advice people to stay indoor.
I no blame you, hungry don dey affect your brain.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
ayomidays:
what if one of the drunkard prove stubborn nd get shot by d police, the useless youth will now come out to shout like dog...... people are complaining of no food these ones are busy looking for bear parlour.... when instead of arresting them, they should be flog 200 strokes of Cain each

If such a drunkard proves stubborn in a country like America, he would be put down and kept in restraints till he gets calm, not shot by the police...

So, those who would shout at such use of lethal force are not useless, neither are they dogs... They are intelligent enough to demand that the right thing be done by law enforcement at all times... You don't open fire or shoot to kill an unarmed person, regardless of how stubborn he is.

You would know this if you were well read, exposed or knowledgeable.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Openbusiness:

Ok, so while the food seller is preparing their nkwobi order, the people should not sit down and wait? Or does that canteen look like Tantalizers, Mega Chicken or Eko Hotel that have many servers that can attend to plenty customers at once?

The government ordered restaurants to remove their chairs and only serve take aways. They sat down and were eating and drinking. Therefore they have violated the order. Simple and straightforward.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Chuksyno(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Focusmind:
Can't you for once comment without attaching tribalism? Run an opinion check very well about the tribe that drink alcoholic most in Nigeria before releasing trash.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by xtremerules: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
victoriaify1992:
That is the issue because he made us sign before the Corona lock down thing. So now once this is over I'm 100% sure that he will be coming for us immediately. So I really want to secure a place for us as soon as so that once the lock down is over we are moving please I really need help please everyone

The unprecedented coronavirus issue is a perfect excuse for consideration in the court of Law. A lot of people have lost their jobs this period. Even the court of mediation will give at least 3 months so you can prepare to get a place.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by koffsman(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Why do I feel this is Jude's place
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Kuginzi: 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
What's the benefit of drinking alcohol?
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by victoriaify1992: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Been preparing for long but no money to get rent even to feed my kids is a big problem for us
xtremerules:

The unprecedented coronavirus issue is a perfect excuse for consideration in the court of Law. A lot of people have lost their jobs this period. Even the court of mediation will give at least 3 months so you can prepare to get a place.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lilimax:
Another place to shut down is First Cardiology Hospital, No. 20A Thompson Avenue Ikoyi. This hospital treated a Covid-19 patient ABBA Kyari who is now late.
Most people in the hospital are already exposed to Corona Virus embarassed

Source: Sahara Reporter

Exactly what I asked earlier. If the minister of health said that no private hospital has been licensed to treat Coronavirus patients, then where was Kyari treated in Lagos? And shouldn't that hospital be shut down?

I hope those journalists will ask this during PTF press briefing today. Would like to see the lie they'll spin
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Saintcajo1: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
cool
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Onj042(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
People dont care about his virus,
i dont mean to hijack the thread but they don’t want me to share this with you which is why im posting in the comments but if you’re looking to find out how people are really making money online and you have a laptop computer then watch this free training, [url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkUW2WOly4 [/url]
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Jbleenk: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
See this one belle na Trophy full am cheesy cheesy

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by AsawanaDgreat: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Stubborn flies
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by bergs2: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Op they didn't arrest you

Or were you invisible?
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by DatAbujaBoy: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
grin
frankblinkz:
So funke akindele was arrested for violating the law of social distancing by throwing a house party...
and I'm watching people gathered for the burial of late chief of staff Abba kyari,

who are we deceiving biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment / Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Open Letter To Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.