Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) (49498 Views)

Wike Seals Jones Ogbonda's Hotel, Bar In Rivers State / RRS Lagos Twitter Handler Goofs, Replies Hundeyin, Lagos Police Command Reacts / EndSARS: Lagos State Police Command Reacts To Attack On RRS Operatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Openbusiness: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
But the POLICE did not arrest these ones. The hypocrisy in this country is just too much. The laws and arrests were for the poor, the politicians do whatever they like and the police turn to deaf and dumb. But if it's ordinary civilians they will be flexing muscle. African China was right, na poor people dem dey show for CrimeFighter undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/5801337/abba-kyari-buried-abuja-photos

They are more than 20,
No social distancing
ZERO (0) Arrest

Yet some mumu civilians are still supporting police for oppressing civilians like them on this thread

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by DatAbujaBoy: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
Igbo Amaka grin grin grin
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by DanArewaa: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
[s]
post=88576830:

Chai. the owner come dey make Nkwobi dey hungry all of us @[color=#006600][/color] now.
Diaris God ooo
[/s]
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
virginboy1:

Kano just came from relegation enter top four sad anyway, Lagos State is still on top of the table . undecided

Make this pandemic do end... kiss

I believe Edo will still make quality for champions league top 4 sure
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
dokyOloye:
Have mercy on the innocent beer drinkers naa,haba mana grin

On a serious note, if the so called police and d courts do not prosecute those who gathered to bury Abba Kyari today,then whoever is arrested should get a lawyer and have d case thrown out within 10 mins.

I guess it's cos it was nite. If it was day and not crowded it may not have been an issue I think.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by aimmoney9: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
THE RRS IS THE MOST RESPONSIBLE PARAMILITARY OUTFIT IN NIGERIA. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL IN CARRYING OUT THEIR DUTIES AND RESPONDS ON TIME. IN PLACES DURING THIS LOCKDOWN WHERE THERE WERE INCESSANT ROBBERIES THEY GREATLY HELPED AND RESPONDED QUICKLY EVEN IN PLACES LYK MY AREA WHERE WE CALLED POLICE TIRELESSLY AND THEY DID NOT ANSWER BUT IMMEDIATELY WE CALLED RRS FEW MINUTES THEY WERE THERE...I CAN SAY THE RRS IS YOUR FRIEND BUT THE POLICE IS NOT....IF IT WERE THE POLICE HANDLING THIS BAR MATTER ALL THEY WILL DO IS TO COLLECT BRIBE.....UP RRS GOD BLESS U PPLE

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Uzee24: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
ayomidays:
what if one of the drunkard prove stubborn nd get shot by d police, the useless youth will now come out to shout like dog...... people are complaining of no food these ones are busy looking for bear parlour.... when instead of arresting them, they should be flog 200 strokes of Cain each

You are first a useless person for justify being shot as a way of dealing with stubbornness. Where and how did you loose your sense of reasoning.

Law enforcement agents are not trained to engage armless civilians with arms. There is what is called the rules of engagement, I advise you to go and read it before you start spewing the thrash in your brain.

The people are not right to have done what they did, but shooting at armless people for violating the lockdown is most despicable and against the law...clown!

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by onadana: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
frankblinkz:
So funke akindele was arrested for violating the law of social distancing by throwing a house party...
and I'm watching people gathered for the burial of late chief of staff Abba kyari,

who are we deceiving biko

Didn't you see everyone present was on face mask.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by aimmoney9: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
YES HE HAS THE RIGHT TO USE WHATEVER PHONE HE WANTS PLUS THE RRS ARE REALLY WORKING UNLIKE THE POLICE...THE RRS IS YOUR FRIEND THE POLICE IS NOT...
Olami83:
See that RRS commander with iPhone 11 pro
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by aimmoney9: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
LAGOS GOVT GAVE ORDERS SINCE THE FIRST 7 DAYS LOCKDOWN THAT ALL BARS SHOULD BE CLOSED BUT THEY ARE FLOUTNG THE ORDER THAT'S THEIR OFFENCE
Openbusiness:
What's their offense? Which crime did they commit? Government said not more than 20 people are allowed to congregate together. They are not even up to 10. They were eating and drinking, which the government also allowed. Food services are under essential services allowed by the government to operate, so the business owner did not break any law opening shop to sell food and drinks to hungry people. The customers have a right to buy food and drinks for themselves. They were not sitting on themselves, they sat on chairs with some space in between. So why are they being arrested? The greatest problem of this NPF today is MISINTERPRETATION OF THE LAW and Executive Orders. They always twist the interpretation of the Law and Executive Orders upside down and this is what continues to give them a bad public image as if they are compound illiterates, dullards or oppressors.

For example:

FG Govt Law: CYBER CRIME IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE
NPF Officers interpretation: Any youth with a computer is a cyber criminal

IGP Order: Bail is Free
NPF Officers interpretation: You must pay bail before you are released

Nawa oh undecided
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Vivonose:
Can't u drink it in ur house angry?

When they lock up bars, where will they buy from, to drink at home?
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
crafteeworld:
Why not drink in your house instead

When they lock up bars, where will they buy from to drink in their houses?
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by xtremerules: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
victoriaify1992:
Been preparing for long but no money to get rent even to feed my kids is a big problem for us

I wish I could help, but now my hands are tied. Just know God will see you through. You may also need some boldness to contact some old family and friends. They might be willing channel which God might use to bless you. Pass your case out to churches too. This is the time of need, shakara no dey. It is well.
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Misscongenialit:
Foolish and irresponsible people serves them right. If u dont go to bat this period will u die.

Beer is life smiley
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by victoriaify1992: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Promise and pending fail is all i got from them all. To the extent some wanted to take advantage of me but I know God has a purpose for everything
xtremerules:

I wish I could help, but now my hands are tied. Just know God will see you through. You may also need some boldness to contact some old family and friends. They might be willing channel which God might use to bless you. Pass your case out to churches too. This is the time of need, shakara no dey. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Vortex369:
Isnt alcohol in the recipe against Corona?

No it is not. It's cigarettes and marijuana
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaxxy:

I guess it's cos it was nite. If it was day and not crowded it may not have been an issue I think.

Abba Kyari's funeral was held in Abuja, while the police were enforcing Governor Sanwoolu's orders in accordance with the Lagos State Covid 19 regulations.

You might notice that they let the customers go, but they arrested the owner, that's because Governor Sanwoolu's orders stated that:

1) Eateries are to only open between 12 and 4pm

2) Eateries are to only serve customers in take away packs.

3) Eateries are to remove their chairs and ensure that customers do not sit in their premises

4) Eateries are to ensure that a distance of 2 metres is maintained between customers and the staff of the eatery that are serving food.

5) Eateries are to provide hand sanitizers or soap and water at their entrances so that customers can sanitise their hands.

6) Eateries are to check the temperature of customers before they enter the premises and people with very high temperature should not be allowed in.

3 Likes

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
onadana:

so why then did they stop an ongoing burial somewhere in the south east....isn't the nose mask Worthy of preventing it since they had it on...

Do you know how many burials, weddings and other social functions that was cancelled due to this global pandemic
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Btruth: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Atenu! embarassed
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by moderatedguy: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Openbusiness:

Stay indoors because food grows inside our kitchen magically, hunh? The government said WE ARE ALLOWED TO BUY FOOD, DRINK AND MEDICINES. During this lockdown I have been to hospital many times to buy medicines. Or is it everybody that has money to stock 6months food supply in their house at once? It is not against the law to go out and buy food and drink to eat. And it is not against the law for any food seller to open, unless they are in the popular crowded markets the government closed.
Markets can open not nkwobi joint and beer parlour
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by franksunny(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
ayomidays:
what if one of the drunkard prove stubborn nd get shot by d police, the useless youth will now come out to shout like dog...... people are complaining of no food these ones are busy looking for bear parlour.... when instead of arresting them, they should be flog 200 strokes of Cain each
your ignorance is a deaster. Since when did stubbornness become punishable by death .... though i will never support what they are doing
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
They did not observe social distancing, check how they sat very close to each other without face masks. Take a look at that eatery, do you think they have even hand sanitizers.
Openbusiness:
What's their offense? Which crime did they commit? Government said not more than 20 people are allowed to congregate together. They are not even up to 10. They were eating and drinking, which the government also allowed. Food services are under essential services allowed by the government to operate, so the business owner did not break any law opening shop to sell food and drinks to hungry people. The customers have a right to buy food and drinks for themselves. They were not sitting on themselves, they sat on chairs with some space in between. So why are they being arrested? The greatest problem of this NPF today is MISINTERPRETATION OF THE LAW and Executive Orders. They always twist the interpretation of the Law and Executive Orders upside down and this is what continues to give them a bad public image as if they are compound illiterates, dullards or oppressors.

For example:

FG Govt Law: CYBER CRIME IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE
NPF Officers interpretation: Any youth with a computer is a cyber criminal

IGP Order: Bail is Free
NPF Officers interpretation: You must pay bail before you are released

Nawa oh undecided
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
Wow.....if only they will continue with such decency.
aimmoney9:
THE RRS IS THE MOST RESPONSIBLE PARAMILITARY OUTFIT IN NIGERIA. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL IN CARRYING OUT THEIR DUTIES AND RESPONDS ON TIME. IN PLACES DURING THIS LOCKDOWN WHERE THERE WERE INCESSANT ROBBERIES THEY GREATLY HELPED AND RESPONDED QUICKLY EVEN IN PLACES LYK MY AREA WHERE WE CALLED POLICE TIRELESSLY AND THEY DID NOT ANSWER BUT IMMEDIATELY WE CALLED RRS FEW MINUTES THEY WERE THERE...I CAN SAY THE RRS IS YOUR FRIEND BUT THE POLICE IS NOT....IF IT WERE THE POLICE HANDLING THIS BAR MATTER ALL THEY WILL DO IS TO COLLECT BRIBE.....UP RRS GOD BLESS U PPLE
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Alaganature(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Racoon:
With this raging Coronavirus pandemic? Some Nigerians can really be stupid & irresponsible.

Just like your politicians who went to Buried Abba..No social distance no gloves..this country is a mess
Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by tomdon(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
dustmalik:
Good for them. Senseless people everywhere

Dud you watch the burial of Abba kyari

1 Like

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Openbusiness: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
They did not observe social distancing, check how they sat very close to each other without face masks. Take a look at that eatery, do you think they have even hand sanitizers.

Ok, let's say you are right and they did not FULLY comply with social distancing, I mean cuz like they should be 10ft apart, right? Ok! So what about these ones below, why didn't the police arrest all of them because #1 ZERO social distancing was done , #2 They are more than 20 people. Had it been a Church that did this, the same people defending this hopeless government, will be the same people hailing the government for oppressing the poor or ordinary civilians.

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by Openbusiness: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
onadana:

You say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Everyone present waaaaaaaaaaaat Oga you beta open your eyes well or goan c optician for glasses. Check out the people marked with red. No mask! And I neva even zoom d picture well. Comeup wiv anoda excuse or lie pls, dis wan no work.

#2. Mask or no mask, they are more than 20 ================= OFFENSE by Buhari COVIK-19 law
#3. No social distancing ================ OFFENSE by Buhari COVIK -19 law

But ZERO arrest because some animals in this jungle believe the same laws they made are for the poor and helpless civilians only but they themselves are above the law. That's where we are right now with this hopeless Zoohari government and his 35 Governors Mini-Dictators

Re: Covid19: RRS Shuts Down Bar In Lagos (Photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
You are correct, it's a doomed country, a country where the rich are given special treatment. However, we can only pray that this virus does not spread, because if it should, they would definitely come a time when the rich dies, and they are thrown into graves without a crowd, God forbid anyway. It's happening this way cuz the death toll in the country is low, there is no fear yet. People are still thinking it's a joke.
Openbusiness:

Ok, let's say you are right and they did not FULLY comply with social distancing, I mean cuz like they should be 10ft apart, right? Ok! So what about these ones below, why didn't the police arrest all of them because #1 ZERO social distancing was done , #2 They are more than 20 people. Had it been a Church that did this, the same people defending this hopeless government, will be the same
people hailing the government for oppressing the poor or ordinary civilians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu's Tweet On Fashola's Appointment / Fayose Receives Corpses Of Ekiti Doctors (Photos) / I Infected Four Persons With Coronavirus - El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.