Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,466 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death (103990 Views)

Muaz Magaji Celebrates Taliban’s Takeover In Afghanistan As ‘Win-Win’ / Muazu Magaji Reveals Why He Celebrated Abba Kyari’s Death / Ganduje Sacks Mu’azu Magaji For Celebrating Abba Kyari's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by chukwuyenumlove: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
MUAZ MAGAJI...................SPOKE THE HEART AND MIND OF MANY, BUT FOR THE TRADITION OF CALL A "COW BROTHER" TO EAT COW MEAT WOULD NOT ALLOW THEM TO SAY THE TRUTH.

THE LATE "CSO" WAS SO POWERFUL THAT HE WAS DECIDING THE FATE OF NIGERIANS

IT WAS DEATH THAT TOOK HIM, MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.......AMEN
Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by Jaelluiz: 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
He will find a bigger job.

1 Like

Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by Yebosola(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
PicLtd:
That is why they claim Igbos who are known to be blunt can't play politics while yoruba claim it is sophistication to see white and call it black.

Omo Ale, express your foolish comment without mentioning Yoruba, your hatred will send u a great beyound.
Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by mashad(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Only shots fired....oh!! I mean personal shots!
Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by guidelight: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Muazu Magaji's worst mistake is to join politics and the very worst , to belong to APC. I wonder how such unpretentious and open minded fella became a Commsioner under Gandollar. I said this because that party exalt in lies and their members are chosen among the best liars in Nigeria. Muazu is like a fish out of water in that party.
Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by Breakinglimit: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
WHO WILL CRY WHEN YOU DIE? LIFE LESSONS FROM MALLAM ABBA KYARI DEATH.
When I was growing up, my father said something to me I will never forget,
"Son, when you were born , you cried while the world rejoiced, Live your life in such a way that when you die the world cries while you rejoice."
Undoubtedly, Abba Kyari was the most powerful Chief of Staff ever in our democratic governance (except perhaps in military era when Al-Mustapha wielded the same power). The man had gone back to his maker and in his wake the Nigerian polity is heated in discussing his life and death, through eulogies and condemnations. Death will always be mourned by friends and celebrated by enemies. But the most important thing is it should serve the living as a great lesson to try and be a better human being. The first statement is a direct translation of human nature imbibed into our culture while the second statement is a neglected moral compass we chose to be oblivious of. In the heat of Battle of Uhud, the cries ricochet that Muhammad is dead, this sent the Muslim army into confusion and disarray while the Quraish were euphoric in celebration. As Mary watched in horror her beloved son being crucified, the Jews celebrated victory in the synagogues. When Abacha suddenly died, parts of the country celebrated on the street as others went into a deep mourning. Yar’Adua wasn’t spared this exhibition of human nature as one camp wished, if they could, covered his demise at the same time as other hawks struggle to consolidate his succession. When the Burutai army swept over the Shiites in Gyallesu and leaving in their wake hundreds of bodies, some Sunnis jubilates in celebrations. That is human nature for you and as Shakespeare aptly captured one side of the story in his quote “The evil that men do, lives after them” God has made the full statement centuries earlier in Quran 99:6-8 “On that day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they have done. Then shall anyone who has done an atom’s weight of good shall see it, And anyone who has done an atom’s weight of evil, shall see it”
The divine justice is to judge people according to their own volitional actions and our good and evil will be juxtaposed to a point that when we see a long forgotten evil we have committed, we can’t help but wail Quran 18:49 “…”Ah woe to us! what a book is this! It leaves out nothing small or great but takes account thereof” This should serve as a restrain to our vanities in life and consider the death of all and sundry as a time for deep moral reflection.
The current culture of only eulogizing the dead exposes our deep hypocrisy to the detriment of our collective progress. We may have no right to ultimately judge anyone (that is for God) but we shouldn’t fail in taking home the lesson of a deceased life, in death. According to a Hadith (Sahih Muslim 3084) a dead person continues to enjoy three things: An act of on-going charity he left behind, beneficial knowledge and a righteous progeny he left behind. By extension, as Shakespeare quoted above, equally the evil that one lives behind also lives after him. His contributions in the promotion of negative knowledge and the siblings he failed to train, also shares in the evil they do.
For Abba Kyari, even if we are not going to go into the allegations of the MTN 500 Million bribery, or the hand in sacking and subsequent persecution of Oyo-Ita, the NSA Monguno leaked letter, the controversial order that Ministers must clear with him to see the president, rumors of sidelining the Vice President, the nationally televised corruption allegation on Berkete Family, yet we must examine his role in the Corona pandemic issue.
In this age of technology and amidst the outbreak of Corona pandemic, Abba Kyari heads the federal government delegation team to Germany at a time when countries were imposing lockdowns and closure of flights. Because Abba Kyari and his likes were abroad, the federal government refused to listen to our urgent calls to close our airports. Malam Aminu Kano Airport was closed among several others in the country but the two most important airports that were gateways into Nigeria, Murtala Muhammed and Nnamdi Azikwe airports, were left open as several infected people trooped back home. Among the returnees were Abba Kyari and his team. Knowing very well they came from high risk areas, no self-isolation or quarantine was imposed on them. The worst part of it is Abba Kyari attended high profile meetings with most of our leaders for several days before he started exhibiting the symptoms and was forced into self-isolation. The rest is history and we must learn from it.
Our first lesson should be “No man is an island” as we are all mere mortals and the only thing that we leave behind is our legacy. I strongly believe the Corona Virus pandemic is God’s own way to warn, especially leaders and elites around the world, to pause, ponder and change the way they run things. Our leaders must address this problem in two dimensions: first they need more altruistic approach in addressing both the current corona pandemic and the long term economic plan. Lockdowns even in advance economies is half the measure and might even be counterproductive in the long run if sustained more than it is reasonable. Our country budgeted 10 Trillion in 2020 and allocated a paltry sum of 45 Billion Naira (0.4%) to health sector. This budget was conceived and approved by a President that spent several decades accusing past leaders in failing the health sector, a president that spent months abroad treating his ailments and travel regularly to see doctors. A country that has the worst statistics in the world, in maternal, infant and under 5years mortality rate. The late COS had to settle with the dilapidated health infrastructure in the country he failed to advise his principal to upgrade even to the minimal 15% of the AU declaration in which their government was signatory. The leaders of this country sees it fit to allocate a whopping 37 billion to renovate the national assembly in the same budget they allocated 46 billion for the healthcare of 200 million people. The present government has the worst debt profile in our history despite the fact that, 2.3 Trillion Naira out of this year’s 10 Trillion Naira budget, goes to debt servicing (enough money to build the Mambila power plant we were unable to build in 40 years and also the Abuja-Kano highway or enough to build a 600 million Naira hospital in each of the 774 local government across the country).
With the gloomy oil market hanging over our economy (at least for another year or more), Nigeria needs to focus on creating jobs amidst this crisis by allocating funds to SME’S. The NIRSAL non-collateral loans must be rid of any corruption and set to work effectively to reach beneficiaries as quickly as possible. I learnt that many people that applied, one year on, they are yet to receive finance. We have a vibrant youth population, some with very bright ideas but the lack of funding has made them a burden to the society instead of being its saviors. Access to funding is key in transforming and diverting our economy from over dependence on oil.
Nigeria can learn from China, and this pandemic should be a wake-up call to our leaders. In 1981, China had 850 million people in poverty (88%) but with aggressive policies of job creation and education the number drops to 0.7% in 2015. Every year almost 20 million people were lifted out of poverty, not the political lifting of poverty in Nigeria that government claims by giving out meager 5000 Naira monthly (not enough to buy half a bag of rice). The only solution to our problem is creating real jobs and with adequate number of the population gainfully employed I am sure all the crimes that bedeviled us will sharply fall and we can attain security that will afford us economic prosperity, anything short of that will spell doom for us. As the corona pandemic continues to ravage the mighty and low, crippling economies, this is the time for moral reflection. Challenges are blessings in disguise but only if you learn the lesson they came with. The Corona Virus had taken away Abba Kyari and either me or you will follow suit, but I am sure it will go away and leave many of us behind, but the lessons we learned and the decision we make in its midst, will surely not just shape our healthcare systems but our economy, politics and even culture for many years to come.

1 Like

Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by idrisidris: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
I think federal Govt of Nigeria should tender apologies to FUNKE AKINDELE due to the large crowd during the burial of ABBAH KYARI
Re: Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death by whitemand4(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2020
HabuD:

Before you start praising the commissioner, please understand that in life, Wisdom is not just knowing what to say, but how and when you say it. That something is true or right does not make it appropriate to utter at a given time or at a given forum. The commissioner might have been right but I think he was not wise (infact he was foolish) in the timing or appropriateness of his comments.[/b] It is not everything one must say in black and white even if it is true![b] Two persons may have access to the same info but one person might be stoned for it while the second person might be praised for it, the difference is wisdom! Scriptures say wisdom is profitable to direct. My humble submission.

Mr. Humble submission.

People like you will never make this country progress. All I see oozing out of your body is COWARDICE. We need mass movement orchestrated by the braves (the magaji types) to turn the table in this nation. Continue saying things in Green and blue when you already knew where the shoe pinches. Freedom is not free hence you work and fight seriously for it.
#teamrevolution

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Monitoring And Live Updates / Temitope Adunni Akinsanya: House Built By MC Oluomo's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.