Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,490 members, 7,833,647 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' (493 Views)

We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' by Och77(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2011
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo said if he has the opportunity to come back to the world, he still prefers to be a Nigerian, he also said that his children would determine where and what type of burial he deserves after his demise.

Mr Obasanjo made this known while responding to questions from NEXT at his Hilltop private residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

“I still like to come back as a Nigerian. If I go to God and God says, well I think you should go back, I will say to God, thank you very much for giving this second opportunity,” he said.

“I will say to my God, don’t you think you should shower enough favour for me on my first time and If He says I want to give you another opportunity, I will say repeat. Do it as before.” The former president noted that his life has been full of ups and downs.

“It has been full of sweet and sour, that is what makes life itself worth living. So, if God says I will send you out there, I will tell him not to take anything from what I have gone through or to add anything to it.” Mr Obasanjo, whose health has recently been an object of media reports said he is not bothered about death as it was something beyond his comprehension. He attributed stories about him ‘slumping’ at a recent event as part of marketing gimmick of the media.

Marketing gimmick

“I think it is one of the gimmicks of marketing, maybe they want to use that to sell their papers,” Mr Obasanjo said, while faulting the reports. He said what happened at the church service was that at a stage he felt uncomfortable due to heat and had to temporarily leave the church to get fresh air. He said this lasted for some minutes and that he later returned to the church to join the congregation and eventually witnessed the end of the service, and even supervised the cutting of the cake.

Saying how and when he will die can only be determined by God. Mr Obasanjo also said he has no special thought of how he would like to be buried.

“That will be left in the hands of my children,” he said, saying that is even speculative. “How do I know how I would die, depending on the circumstances where I die. How do you know, supposing I die in an air crash and the crash could not be found? But if I die and my body is found and preserved, my children would decide wherever I would be buried.”

Re: Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' by Ikengawo: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2011
why the Bleep wouldn't i return to the world as a nigerian?
Re: Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' by Och77(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2011
That's a lie, you will come back an Iraqi and experience first hand similar actions you ordered in Odi
Re: Obasanjo Says ''i Want Toreturn To The World As A Nigerian'' by sojjy: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
I dey laugh,

(1) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Okah's Application To Appeal His Bail Denial / Jega, Gbagi Defend Schools' Closure / Mixed Reaction Trail Atiku’s Loss In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.