Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,400 members, 7,864,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

The Left Side Of Wright - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Left Side Of Wright (190 Views)

Why Is a Woman's Right Breast Bigger Than The Left One? / Why Is The Bride Normally Stands On The Left Side Of Groom? / The Left Side Of Wright(episode 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Left Side Of Wright by Dailyrayobehi24(f): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
What was that sound? So faint! Are those my feet scraping the tarred road? I sighed deeply as I became aware of my surroundings. How did I get here? My eyes darted everywhere as if they were seeking answers from the cacophony of sounds.

Plaza and it’s environs were agog with activities. Men and women of various shapes and sizes hurriedly moved about; the nearby market, full of various food items, some of which were rotten and left by the roadside, emitting the pungent smell that was soon filling my lungs.

The yellow Keke napeps were picking and dropping passengers; I looked at the dramatic traffic warden directing commuters from her vantage position. She looked like she knew her job well enough as she danced in robotic movements.

The wind was howling like it was heralding the coming of rain; yet it was sunny. I imagined an elephant giving birth to her young one; at least that’s what grandma use to tell us. My cousins would whisper among themselves in awe, while I impatiently waited for more stories. They always seemed annoying with their endless chatter.

The toot toot of a Peugeot salon car jolted me out of my reverie; i stood aside while it veered to the street by my right. Still watching the tail of the Peugeot in its wake, like it was some possessed demon, I noticed a little girl sitting on a small stool at the entrance of the market. She seemed oblivious of her surroundings as she was so engrossed in sucking her mango.

I watched the trail of mango juice as it moved gracefully down her arm only to form a yellow wet patch on her cute little dress. Sighing heavily, I thought how carefree she was; not having to worry about anything. A woman suddenly grabbed the child and only then did I notice all the stares aimed at me like poison darts.

I shifted my gaze and noticed the mirror a mallam was hawking. I couldn’t recognize the lady staring back at me. Suddenly, like a shroud, the feeling of emptiness covered me. I wondered why I should be here. Ever so slowly, I took 3 steps and found myself in front of a truck. I heard a scream and turned sharply…then the darkness.

Source: http://Bossmeek.com.ng

Re: The Left Side Of Wright by CsRockefeller(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
You are a good writer, only the title of the story shows why.

(1) (Reply)

We Need Assistance Pls / Contract Marriage / Best Place To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.