Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) (709 Views)

We Loved Our Dogs So Much We Forked Out £36K To Have Them Cloned(Pix) / Why Do We Suffer Our Dogs In The Name Of Walks / Are We Over Vaccinating Our Dogs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by michealkal: 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
I came across a dog owners that changed the way I reason when it comes to dogs and I thought i should share it with the good people of this platform. I also intend to answer questions to the best of my ability, keeping in mind that we are all learning and the best way to learn is interact.

The story of the dog i'm about to share really touched my heart and I hope our Nigerian dog owners will learn a thing or two from it. It is a story of how a Greman shepard dog called Lorelei was adopted, loved and cared for and that love reflects on the current appearance and performance of the dog today.

I want to tell this story with pictures to make it interesting. So I am going to post pictures of lorelei in the state she was when she was adopted first. What I noticed is that she looked a lot like most of the dogs we see here in Nigeria. Some people own up to 4 or 5 of these dogs and are not able to give the dogs the time or attention needed. We end up not enjoying our dogs.

Also a lot of people result in just locking this dogs up in cages and feeding them when something is available. I know of a compund where the dog is never released, It grew up in a cage and has never been taken for a walk in over 3 years. ( I always wonder how people have the concience to treat animals that way)

I hope these images spark a conversation on how we can take better care of our dogs mental and physical health so they can live a happy and full life. It is not just about buying a puppy, we need to understand the amount of responsibility attached to owning a dog and also the rewards of owning a healthy dog. Regardless of if the dog is a pure breed or Mixed mutt, proper care and love will always show on a dog.

I hope to hear other peoples thoughts on this matter so we can develop a community of healthy and happy dogs.

Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by michealkal: 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Some more pictures of Lorelei.
michealkal:
I came across a dog owners that changed the way I reason when it comes to dogs and I thought i should share it with the good people of this platform. I also intend to answer questions to the best of my ability, keeping in mind that we are all learning and the best way to learn is interact.

The story of the dog i'm about to share really touched my heart and I hope our Nigerian dog owners will learn a thing or two from it. It is a story of how a Greman shepard dog called Lorelei was adopted, loved and cared for and that love reflects on the current appearance and performance of the dog today.

I want to tell this story with pictures to make it interesting. So I am going to post pictures of lorelei in the state she was when she was adopted first. What I noticed is that she looked a lot like most of the dogs we see here in Nigeria. Some people own up to 4 or 5 of these dogs and are not able to give the dogs the time or attention needed. We end up not enjoying our dogs.

Also a lot of people result in just locking this dogs up in cages and feeding them when something is available. I know of a compund where the dog is never released, It grew up in a cage and has never been taken for a walk in over 3 years. ( I always wonder how people have the concience to treat animals that way)

I hope these images spark a conversation on how we can take better care of our dogs mental and physical health so they can live a happy and full life. It is not just about buying a puppy, we need to understand the amount of responsibility attached to owning a dog and also the rewards of owning a healthy dog. Regardless of if the dog is a pure breed or Mixed mutt, proper care and love will always show on a dog.

I hope to hear other peoples thoughts on this matter so we can develop a community of healthy and happy dogs.
michealkal:

Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by daddytime(m): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Amazing change cum transformation.

If only Nigeria can be adopted too and shown this sort of change.

The honest truth is, the weather there alone is enough to help the dog radiate in fur.

You don't mess with the Nigerian weather, everything here is harsh and has no mercy even on the killer Corona virus. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by CoronaVirusPro: 12:26am On Apr 19, 2020
This dogs are not usually sweet.

If you like use all the slice in the world. You are on a long thing.

Even a Boarboel that you will think is meaty is trash. The meat keeps shrinking as you cook and you will almost be left with nothing at the end of the day.

Neopolitan Mastiff doesn't really look like it will taste sweet but you will be shocked when you eat the meat. It's thick but tasteless. Spices can tune it up.

On a hot afternoon with dem boys in the house, nothing can beat that having grilled spicy mongrel and cold beer.
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by CGT7: 12:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 19, 2020
This one don set na... Now na to arrange better dry pepper use roast am..
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by DanArewaa: 5:12am On Apr 19, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Even a Boarboel that you will think is meaty is trash. The meat keeps shrinking as you cook and you will almost be left with nothing at the end of the day.

Neopolitan Mastiff doesn't really look like it will taste sweet but you will be shocked when you eat the meat. It's thick but tasteless. Spices can tune it up.

On a hot afternoon with dem boys in the house, nothing can beat that having grilled spicy mongrel and cold beer.
[/s]
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by cedar3: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Many are mad, few are roaming.
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by IamAnderson(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

somebody that is barely sure of eating three square meal a day is talking about eating dogs that cost over 100k... nothing you won't see on nairaland
Re: The Difference Proper Care Can Make In Our Dogs (lorelei The GSD Pictures) by Dreazy23(m): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
This just shows that proper care really matters, it’s in this part of the world where canine maltreatment is seen and guard protection training. This is just beautiful and I urge every dog lover to take care of their dogs as much as they can. It’s not actually easy but it’s worth it.

Looking at the first picture someone would easily say “this dog no pure o” but just look at the fine speciemen she is. It’s also a call that quality doesn’t matter if the the right nutrition requirements isn’t met.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating / Pedigree South African Mastiff Puppies / 4 months old Indoor Bred Lhasa Apso For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.