Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend (5404 Views)

Please, I Need Advice What Can I Do In This Situation. / My Boyfriend Slept With My Best Friend / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2020
I used to call him fiancée before but bow, I have realized he's a boyfriend.we've been together for more than 4years.
I'm so tired of him right now, I love him and he loves me according to him.
My boyfriend was supposed to be my only friend because he's the only person I trusted the most in the entire universe. He prefers to chat and gist with his friends, not me.
The only thing he likes us to do is sweet talking, if I give him the chance, we would spend the next 5years discussing rubbish. E.g''how are you my baby, have you eaten etc.

He never discuss marriage, I'm always the one to bring up the topic, and he's bored a minute into it. Sometimes he says we are still young and sometimes he says not to pressure him.
Sometimes he would say I'm not ready
I never said we should do it now but all I'm saying is we should at least know where we are going and have some plans, or even discuss how our marital life would be.

He's good at saying sorry at every slight complain without allowing me to finish my sentence, that annoys me so much, because its a hypocritical sorry, and he would be angry if I say its hypocritical and tell me so many people want someone that would be apologetic and if I know his mind deep down.

I'm someone that derives joy in planning for future, but my boyfriend doesn't at all. No single plan about us except in his head, sometimes when I challenge him, he could say he planned this and that.
If I tell him today, I'm going to Canada, he doesn't mind, tomorrow Australia. He could say he's planning to go to Spain. I believe he should at least let us plan together where we both would be together, but he just doesn't care.
There's no US in his plans, only him,and in my plans too, I intentionally tell him those things I'd he would even say, what about us, but he doesn't at all.

Our relationship is filled with quarrels because of this behaviour of his, very lackadaisical about us, but yet, he only want to discuss sweet things, and if I don't give in, he will start to be angry. How can I be happy when our life is not progressing and he's not helping matter, sometimes he would call me a sadist, and that I don't like peace between us.

He doesn't care if I grow or not either, he just want to see me grown, he tells me that I'm broke and my mates are doing Better than myself. I like to tell him to do this and that to better his life, but he has turned me to a disturber and I should face my own Godforsaken life with my useless Msc.

Yesterday, I told him to stop calling or chatting me if he doesn't want me to curse him because he doesn't make me happy. Its better we don't speak because we won't fight, but if he calls and we speak, he would expect me to be replying his sweet words in a happy mood which is not possible, he could then gets angry and cut the call. That is when I would burst out and reminded of his lackadaisical behaviour in the relationship. If we don't talk, I won't remember him and thus won't be so hurt.

He's working and gives me money and thus he's good to me, he doesn't give me any problem oher than those listed above, he's a gentle person, and doesn't get angry, if he gets angry, he's easily calm. He doesn't cheat or with any bad behaviour
Edit: He gives me money doesn't mean he feeds me, it means he sends money to my account as he wishes and I send him money as well. He's a gentleman, he can't do all the bad things some people said, he's quite religious and easygoing. We do not stay together, we only see maybe once in a year or sometimes, we do not see at all for a year and other times, when I'm around his town we might see everyday
His from a good family as well, and his parents knows me but I'm yet to introduce him to anyone. His parents likes me already, everyone likes me because everyone likes beautiful people naturally.
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Thanks
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2020
For helping
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 19, 2020
Advice
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by DaHrNn0001: 5:36am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:
Thanks
Acmepreneur:
For helping
Acmepreneur:
Advice

Do you now see the problem? It's there staring at you

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by majamajic(m): 5:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Madam carry your cross , if u are in a hurry , pay the guy groom price !

7 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:

Do you now see the problem? It's there staring at you
Lol, what is it? I can't see anything. Just using that to bump the post

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 19, 2020
majamajic:
Madam carry your cross , if u are in a hurry , pay the guy groom price !
God forbids, I'm in a hurry, because my type of person plans ahead, if I want to do something two years time, I plan ahead. If I'm not planning now, then in two years time, i won't be doing anything and won't be happy doing it. I don't rush things, I hate to

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by majamajic(m): 6:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:

God forbids, I'm in a hurry, because my type of person plans ahead, if I want to do something two years time, I plan ahead. If I'm not planning now, then in two years time, i won't be doing anything and won't be happy doing it. I don't rush things, I hate to

Mine is u can't force a man into marriage, it's not a journey of one day

And don't let anyone marry u out of pity or pressure from u ,

2 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 19, 2020
The way u type i hope u don't talk too much. So what exactly do u want from us? To tell u to dump him or give him space? You wear the shoes and know where it hurts... If after 4 years the relationship has no defined bearing then both of u need help... probably he's wasting ur time and eating up the gravy to the fullest. You better open ur eyes undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Charleys: 6:05am On Apr 19, 2020
So are you planning on starting over?

2 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Galactico4ever(m): 6:09am On Apr 19, 2020
Don't ever marry that guy. and also you seem to be keeping to yourself so i'll advice you to go out more(if you can) and try to make new friendz whether male or female

3 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by felix55(m): 6:17am On Apr 19, 2020
this ur man s a PLAYER..but if u can endue his attitude fine. but truly, being with a man who doesn't talk abt marriage with u or who doesn't include u in all his plans s a BOMB... try 2 b communicating with his parents because wit that, u will get to know whether u r welcome in his family or not.time doesn't wait 4 anyone..

2 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by helinues: 6:26am On Apr 19, 2020
The story is not real or fresh.

Lockdown/curfew missing from the epistle

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Blackfire(m): 6:41am On Apr 19, 2020
Lord of flame and Lord of the ring...

grin

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by blovesther(f): 6:41am On Apr 19, 2020
felix55:
this ur man s a PLAYER..but if u can endue his attitude fine. but truly, being with a man who doesn't talk abt marriage with u or who doesn't include u in all his plans s a BOMB... try 2 b communicating with his parents because wit that, u will get to know whether u r welcome in his family or not.time doesn't wait 4 anyone..
thanks for telling her the truth....he is just playing gentle with you because he still want the relationship.
just give another man a chance if you have any around you and dump him ASAP
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by blovesther(f): 6:43am On Apr 19, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Don't ever marry that guy. and also you seem to be keeping to yourself so i'll advice you to go out more(if you can) and try to make new friendz whether male or female
the guy isn't ready to marry her as well.
she should just take him off her head and create space for a better dude please

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Na wa o, babe is really fed up.
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 19, 2020
If your boyfriend doesn't wanna propose, then buy a ring and propose to him mek we rest.

You ladies will wait to be shyked, wait to be asked to come to bed, to remove cloth, to cook and still wait to be proposed to. Haba. Sometimes, it's good to initiate something, it doesn't cost anything. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Tallesty1(m): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Then start planning how to auction him on jiji

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Dande55: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:
I used to call him fiancée before but bow, I have realized he's a boyfriend.we've been together for more than 4years.
I'm so tired of him right now, I love him and he loves me according to him.
My boyfriend was supposed to be my only friend because he's the only person I trusted the most in the entire universe. He prefers to chat and gist with his friends, not me.
The only thing he likes us to do is sweet talking, if I give him the chance, we would spend the next 5years discussing rubbish. E.g''how are you my baby, have you eaten etc.

He never discuss marriage, I'm always the one to bring up the topic, and he's bored a minute into it. Sometimes he says we are still young and sometimes he says not to pressure him.
Sometimes he would say I'm not ready
I never said we should do it now but all I'm saying is we should at least know where we are going and have some plans, or even discuss how our marital life would be.

He's good at saying sorry at every slight complain without allowing me to finish my sentence, that annoys me so much, because its a hypocritical sorry, and he would be angry if I say its hypocritical and tell me so many people want someone that would be apologetic and if I know his mind deep down.

I'm someone that derives joy in planning for future, but my boyfriend doesn't at all. No single plan about us except in his head, sometimes when I challenge him, he could say he planned this and that.
If I tell him today, I'm going to Canada, he doesn't mind, tomorrow Australia. He could say he's planning to go to Spain. I believe he should at least let us plan together where we both would be together, but he just doesn't care.
There's no US in his plans, only him,and in my plans too, I intentionally tell him those things I'd he would even say, what about us, but he doesn't at all.

Our relationship is filled with quarrels because of this behaviour of his, very lackadaisical about us, but yet, he only want to discuss sweet things, and if I don't give in, he will start to be angry. How can I be happy when our life is not progressing and he's not helping matter, sometimes he would call me a sadist, and that I don't like peace between us.

He doesn't care if I grow or not either, he just want to see me grown, he tells me that I'm broke and my mates are doing Better than myself. I like to tell him to do this and that to better his life, but he has turned me to a disturber and I should face my own Godforsaken life with my useless Msc.

Yesterday, I told him to stop calling or chatting me if he doesn't want me to curse him because he doesn't make me happy. Its better we don't speak because we won't fight, but if he calls and we speak, he would expect me to be replying his sweet words in a happy mood which is not possible, he could then gets angry and cut the call. That is when I would burst out and reminded of his lackadaisical behaviour in the relationship. If we don't talk, I won't remember him and thus won't be so hurt.

He's working and gives me money and thus he's good to me, he doesn't give me any problem oher than those listed above, he's a gentle person, and doesn't get angry, if he gets angry, he's easily calm. He doesn't cheat or with any bad behaviour
Is he the only man in the street? Can't you see that he's playing You?
Better wake up and look for a serious guy that includes you in his plans and make his priorities straight.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Dande55: 6:57am On Apr 19, 2020
[s]
J111333:
If your boyfriend doesn't wanna propose, then buy a ring and propose to him mek we rest.

You ladies will wait to be shyked, wait to be asked to come to bed, to remove cloth, to cook and still wait to be proposed to. Haba. Sometimes, it's good to initiate something, it doesn't cost anything. undecided
[/s]
Maybe, you didn't read where she said he gets angry anytime she brings up discussing about his plans in the relationship.
Op, better find your way out of that relationship. Cos, you will likely spend 10years without tangible stuff and will be most surprised when he gets another woman to marry. Open your eyes.

10 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Kobicove(m): 7:05am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:
I used to call him fiancée before but... if he gets angry, he's easily calm. He doesn't cheat or with any bad behaviour

Four years is more than enough to know what direction a relationship is going in. undecided

It's safe to say that this guy has no intention of marrying you.

Stop hanging in there with him cos he gives you money, move on and find someone else
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by misreal(m): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2020
When a man is truly serious with a woman.he sees the future, and makes plans for the future.but when he doesnt want to hear about the future, aunty you are on your own.and please, dont try to trap him with belle oh.

6 Likes

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2020
Kobicove:

Four years is more than enough to know what direction a relationship is going in. undecided

It's safe to say that this guy has no intention of marrying you.

Stop hanging in there with him cos he gives you money, move on and find someone else
Thanks, I'm not hanging because he's giving me money, he loves me and I love him
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2020
misreal:
When a man is truly serious with a woman.he sees the future, and makes plans for the future.but when he doesnt want to hear about the future, aunty you are on your own.and please, dont try to trap him with belle oh.
Thanks, lol, its not possible.
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 19, 2020
majamajic:

Mine is u can't force a man into marriage, it's not a journey of one day

And don't let anyone marry u out of pity or pressure from u ,
I'm not forcing him. I just want him to discuss about it and let's plan for it
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
dairykidd:
The way u type i hope u don't talk too much. So what exactly do u want from us? To tell u to dump him or give him space? You wear the shoes and know where it hurts... If after 4 years the relationship has no defined bearing then both of u need help... probably he's wasting ur time and eating up the gravy to the fullest. You better open ur eyes undecided
No, how to change him
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by misreal(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Thanks, lol, its not possible.
walk away from the relationship Asap
Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by majamajic(m): 7:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Acmepreneur:

I'm not forcing him. I just want him to discuss about it and let's plan for it

What if it's not his plans to marry u ? And he can't tell u openly ?

1 Like

Re: Advice: What To Do With My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2020
Charleys:
So are you planning on starting over?
Nope

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Photoshop Pictures I Found On The Internet. (lol) / She Took Poison Cos Of Me / 4 Simple Tips To Enjoy First Time Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.