Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG (777 Views)

Lamido To Wike: Stop Complaining About PDP Primary, Be Like Osinbajo, Amaechi / 2023: Tinubu Turns Confrontational As Buhari Keeps Aspirants, Govs In Suspense / Wike Employs FFK, Omokri, Abe To Stop Amaechi’s Ministerial Appointment - Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by Montracine: 9:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Immediate-past senator representing Rivers South-East district in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, has advised Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, to explore back lines of communication to settle political scores with the Federal Government of Nigeria instead of being confrontational.

This is as two chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chris Finebone and Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, have described the Wike-led administration in Rivers State as leprous, with a vow not to serve the government.

Abe, who spoke in a statement made available to LEADERSHIP in Port Harcourt, said now is not the time to settle issues of supremacy between elected and unelected functionaries of government.

He said: “I want to use this opportunity to publicly appeal to the Rivers State government to immediately seek and secure back channel lines of communication, and resolve any outstanding issues with the federal government through dialogue.

“Wisdom is not weakness, it is one thing to have a political dispute with an individual whose attitude and conduct a lot of people may not approve of, but it is a different matter for sub national entity like Rivers state to challenge the sovereignty of Nigeria at this time when we should all be working together to combat an unseen but deadly enemy.
“I had earlier stated my determination not to be party to any action that will politicize our ability to confront the corona virus pandemic as a people and I maintain that position.”

Meanwhile, two APC chieftains, Chris Finebone and Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, have said they will never accept anything under the Wike-led administration in the state.

The duo, in a statement signed by Finebone, said: “However, I feel sad that the governor climbed down from the high office of governor to engage in name-calling and insult.

“The governor did not need to have taken it personal with me and Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze by referring to Chief Eze as that ‘Ibo boy’. In Africa, respect is given to age and I am sure that Chief Eze is years older than the governor.

“In any case, I and Chief Eze never, directly or indirectly under any circumstances, canvassed, solicited or ever will accept anything under the leprous Wike government or his party in Rivers State.”

https://leadership.ng/2020/04/19/abe-to-wike-stop-being-confrontational-with-fg/?fbclid=IwAR0XdbVtyxP15CleFQnlLzLLGxUgzX3L0-hX588j7O4Q0HQw1okzyjUd1Ig

Lalasticlala

Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 19, 2020
“Wisdom is not weakness, it is one thing to have a political dispute with an individual whose attitude and conduct a lot of people may not approve of

Wise one....The action should be condemned. Whatever political lift Wike have with Eze should be settled but calling him that Igbo boy is demeaning and Insulting..as if Eze fell from the moon and not from same Rivers state as him.

You deserve to be there next Governor of Rivers state...Mr Abe.
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by magnetic20: 9:07am On Apr 19, 2020
Wisdom is profitable.
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by Yobabad: 9:10am On Apr 19, 2020
I don't even know what to say again, just tired of been a Nigerian
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by helinues: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Abe should leave Wike alone..

His eyes will soon clear when everybody desert him.

You don't need to tell a blind man is raining
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by Freddykrueger: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2020
The FGN failed Nigerians when they left our borders and airports open even after the Italian (first index case) came in undetected. Instead of being proactive, they foolishly started boasting of being ready and able to confront the novel corona virus. Today, the cases are spiralling out of control and the FGN is clueless about how to mitigate this pandemic.
Wike on the other hand has seen the devastation caused by this virus and quickly became proactive by implementing a lockdown to protect the lives of his people as any sensible governor should. If the FGN won't respect his stance and work with the governor in the interest of the safety of all then they should go to sleep.
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by crispus09(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
wike be careful of enemy within o.
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by dokyOloye: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
What is Abe?
Re: Abe To Wike: Stop Being Confrontational With FG by seanfer(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2020
He who the Gods want to kill they first make mad. Wike is fighting so many battles at a time.

(1) (Reply)

The Self-defeating Idiocy Of Nigerian Secessionist Movements / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu And The Politics Of Zoning / SA Diplomat To Nigeria Chronicles Life Under Lockdown In Abuja (EXCERPTS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.