Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order (33939 Views)

FAAN Condemns Adamawa Governor Fintiri For Violating COVID-19 Rules At Airport. / FAAN Condemns Abdulaziz Yari For Violating COVID19 Rules At Airport / Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by bkool7(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
rexlims:
. I am not pro or anti govt. I gave a valid reasoning. Mind u am not from Rivers State. Pls be very objective in responding without d insults.
Thanks and stay safe.

Apology.
I merely stated a fact.
Your opinion was lopsided
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

The fg is already losing more than 40% of projected revenue and still doing fine.losing oil from rivers will change nothing.fg is not fighting rivers but wike,spot the difference..my state depends heavily on igr so leave that side.
In 2019,fg did not fight wike.apc was not even involved, it was purely between amaechi and wike.you saw how wike was threatened by a small party.apc is taking over rivers 2023

we were still able to wrestled bayelsa back even after APC won it.

you can't fight Wike without fighting the people.

there is no state in Nigeria that can survive without oil revenue. your state yearly IGR may not even be enough to run the state for two months.

remember it is same Wike that stop APC from participating in 2019 election?

FG is already losing 40% projection and your state will not be able to pay salary soon. or you think any country will give you loan after covid19?

many states almost went bankrupt in 2016 when oil production was disrupt in bayelsa.

or you don't know that most of the IGR generated by state are related to oil? your state IGR is bigger than that of River State?
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
zikter:
you said a break away is easy but the same reasons you gave are the very reason a break away is not easy. So you have finally arrived where I was.

all it takes to unite is the federal government trying to crush the region.

your government understand that and they will always try to negotiate
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by madridsta007(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

You PDP goons and miscalculations.buhari has no best friend but best friends.am sure if he was at the burial,you will criticize as usual.the vacuum exists in your imaginations.atiku's loss settled every permutations about buhari and apc or the presidency.the earlier yous stop bothering about buhari,the better

PDP is dead.
That is what APC tells us and we are sticking to it.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by madridsta007(m): 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
slowice:

So you really think any governor can stand the president in Nigeria? This isn't America my dear

If buhari delcears him his problem, he ll be gone

OK.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by zikter(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lostz:

all it takes to unite is the federal government trying to crush the region.

your government understand that and they will always try to negotiate
you still strengthening my point. If it is easy as you see it, simply break away with your region and stop beating about the bush or are you waiting for me to come and break it away for you?
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by HopeAtHand: 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1, is your state IGR bigger than Rivers? If yes, name your state
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
madridsta007:

PDP is dead.
That is what APC tells us and we are sticking to it.
Pdp and apc can never die
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by madridsta007(m): 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Pdp and apc can never die

ok.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by toblosky(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kinematics:

Does that mean it wont be paid at last to Rivers?
Too many jokers on this forum.
Do you mind the jokers,it's money in the bank
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lostz:

we were still able to wrestled bayelsa back even after APC won it.

you can't fight Wike without fighting the people.

there is no state in Nigeria that can survive without oil revenue. your state yearly IGR may not even be enough to run the state for two months.

remember it is same Wike that stop APC from participating in 2019 election?

FG is already losing 40% projection and your state will not be able to pay salary soon. or you think any country will give you loan after covid19?

many states almost went bankrupt in 2016 when oil production was disrupt in bayelsa.

or you don't know that most of the IGR generated by state are related to oil? your state IGR is bigger than that of River State?
More than 50% of my state revenue is from igr so my state will always pay salaries since the governor does not execute any projects.wike did not just stop apc from participating,amaechi and abbé helped him to.he is not a smart fellow,all his cards have been played,everyone knows his tactics.
In bayelsa,if not for the courts APC crushed pdp mercilessly and will do so in rivers in 2023.
A large number of river people are not with wike.I told you that majority of bayelsans are against Dickson,same is with wike.
You don't seem to realize that a large amount of government revenue is from non oil sources.oil is less than 30 dollars and most stares are OK.you are very funny.forget wike
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Correcto: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
I don't like Woke but what he did is the best for his people. You will do same for your family.
Scream:
He should have kept them na...unnecessary show of power.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by DelphiOracle(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kinematics:

Does that mean it wont be paid at last to Rivers?
Too many jokers on this forum.
hahahaha. U must be a joker
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by DelphiOracle(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
ddippset:
This one na question,

Tell a man that you pray for him that his salary be withheld for 6 months and paid in bulk at last after 6 months.

Na better slap him go give you.
that guy funny sha
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Godwin616: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
farady:
I laugh in Spanish. Were are all those that were hailing him? How market?

No doubt I commend his efforts so far however he shows unnecessary power play. He can be too emotional and lacks finesse in matters that requires tact and diplomacy. He could have handled the situation differently and gained public applaud worthy of emulation by other states govt.

Now he just ridiculed himself on a matter, he was 100% correct. What stops him from working with DPR, IOCs , Helicopter operators and state health officials to develop procedures for all offshore personnel transiting the state this period? States like Delta, Edo, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa would have copied it.
Good intention but he lacks diplomacy.. He is too blunt in his approach to issues.His advisers should work on him, that's if he cares to listen .

1 Like

Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by brownbib(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Well said
klbakare:
ItS Okay For Every Governor To Try Their Best And Secure Their respective States Na. EveryBody Should Comply With State Directives.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
zikter:
you still strengthening my point. If it is easy as you see it, simply break away with your region and stop beating about the bush or are you waiting for me to come and break it away for you?
Nigeria is still useful to us.

just wait till FG crush Rivers
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

More than 50% of my state revenue is from igr so my state will always pay salaries since the governor does not execute any projects.wike did not just stop apc from participating,amaechi and abbé helped him to.he is not a smart fellow,all his cards have been played,everyone knows his tactics.
In bayelsa,if not for the courts APC crushed pdp mercilessly and will do so in rivers in 2023.
A large number of river people are not with wike.I told you that majority of bayelsans are against Dickson,same is with wike.
You don't seem to realize that a large amount of government revenue is from non oil sources.oil is less than 30 dollars and most stares are OK.you are very funny.forget wike
close to 100% what FG and state share monthly comes from oil.

what we get from other sources will not even be enough to share for one months.

I will not waste my time about 2023 since it is far away.

you were ranting about how you will finally capture Delta but in the end okowa got more than 90% of vote cast
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by HomorBj(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
rexlims:
He who fights and run away, lives to fight another day.
Wike has sent a message, and anybody entering his state will do well to inform him to avoid any form of embarrassment.
Sometimes when u can't fight a much bigger opponent, u make noises d loudest and those around will be begging u to calm down.
Once u heed that advice of staying calm, even Ur opponent can't tell of Ur capabilities and he will always respect u.
Wike is wise.

That’s not been wise,that’s cowardice.He should have held them for a long time.At some point,Wike made it obvious it was more personal than just flight schedule.Im sure he released earlier that this our system doesn’t make it comfortable for a state Governor to engage the FGN.He would loose out on many aspects,I hope we all learn from initial rumble tho!!
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lostz:
close to 100% what FG and state share monthly comes from oil.

what we get from other sources will not even be enough to share for one months.

I will not waste my time about 2023 since it is far away.

you were ranting about how you will finally capture Delta but in the end okowa got more than 90% of vote cast
Sorry sir,check latest firs collections to be well guarded.Nigeria has really diversified.both will lose but rivers will lose more.I am not perfect in analysis after all am human but you have never gotten any prediction correct.you are indeed lost
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
HopeAtHand:
senatordave1, is your state IGR bigger than Rivers? If yes, name your state
Crs monthly allocation is 2 billion,igr is 4 billion
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Sorry sir,check latest firs collections to be well guarded.Nigeria has really diversified.both will lose but rivers will lose more.I am not perfect in analysis after all am human but you have never gotten any prediction correct.you are indeed lost

you didn't diversify anything. we were getting more money from agriculture and other sectors than we are getting now
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

cross River IGR is not up to a quarter of that of River State.

River State have the second highest IGR in Nigeria
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lostz:
cross River IGR is not up to a quarter of that of River State.

River State have the second highest IGR in Nigeria
Funny guy.you obviously don't understand economics or statistics
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
zikter:
Oga leave this noise. The people in the know how have acted accordingly and you are here talking. Firstly, the FG acted wisely and maturely unlike the unrefined Wike. It doesn't take FG anything to remove Wike or render him powerless through a state of emergency due to security issues, if by any chance there is Intel that he is sponsoring militants. The highest thing is people will make noise online for two days and it will be over, yet government will do what it wants.

You and your ilk that liked your post are ignorant...

Go and make search on Rivers state news.
Do you know FG sent a team from NCDC to Rivers to go and examine the situation and also work with Rivers state government w.r.t. covid-19 and also work on how a test center etc. can be set up there and also work on how best they can collaborate to control it.. and so on.
What else do you think he was fighting for?

Ignoramus everywhere...
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Funny guy.you obviously don't understand economics or statistics
you don't need any knowledge of economics before knowing the IGR of any state.

IGR are already calculated and released to the public by experts.

or you want to tell me Cross River earn more than Rivers in IGR?
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Rivers contributes 20% of oil revenue.this can be replaced by increasing production in other states or even external borrowings while rivers cannot replace those losses.when obj fought governors, did states unite to fight obj? Mind you he fought several governors at once.I know you hate apc but wike is overreaching.he is making it easy for the fg to crush his stulructure in 2023

I used to think you are wise but honestly you are no where near that, haba...

You talk about increasing production as if it is ABC, if you don't know anything about oil, just shush it on topic related to oil, please.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by iamjavadem(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Shameless excuse, after all the chest beating, last last he bowed. Rubbish.
rexlims:
He who fights and run away, lives to fight another day.
Wike has sent a message, and anybody entering his state will do well to inform him to avoid any form of embarrassment.
Sometimes when u can't fight a much bigger opponent, u make noises d loudest and those around will be begging u to calm down.
Once u heed that advice of staying calm, even Ur opponent can't tell of Ur capabilities and he will always respect u.
Wike is wise.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lostz:
you don't need any knowledge of economics before knowing the IGR of any state.

IGR are already calculated and released to the public by experts.

or you want to tell me Cross River earn more than Rivers in IGR?
Let me use this calculation or analogy.crs allocation is 2 billion,igr 4 billion and total expenditure is 4 billion.rivers igr is 8 billion,allocation is 12 billion and total expenditure is 20 billion.who will suffer more
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by HopeAtHand: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Rivers generated N107billion last year. So we might actually pull thru. But it's best for Rivers & Wike to be in best of terms with the FG, regardless of party affiliations.
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by senatordave1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Rivers generated N107billion last year. So we might actually pull thru. But it's best for Rivers & Wike to be in best of terms with the FG, regardless of party affiliations.
That means rivers makes an average of 9bil igr monthly and 12 billion federation allocation which means they will suffer as a large number of those igr are from oil related firms.
Like you said,it's better he calms down and ysw peaceful means like his ss counterparts
Re: Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order by gbishman: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wike the noise maker and toothless bulldog. U for wait make PENGASSAN close down your state. Power pass power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops / DSS Arrests Northern Group Leaders Over Plans To Issue Quit Notice / 2023: Implications Of Atiku’s Selection Of Okowa As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.