Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding (64747 Views)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by wordsNOTswords(m): 12:37am On Apr 20, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
em527:
thank you! you talk wetin dey my mind..lol
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Aduke94(f): 12:57am On Apr 20, 2020
2361535894 Zenith Bank..This lockdown wan kill me with hunger and depression n Ramadan is coming..Pls,help a sister..
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by ajl: 4:15am On Apr 20, 2020
It now make sense why Nigeria also have a fairly incompetent foreign affairs minister who rarely respond to issues affecting Nigerians in foreign countries on time. I guess his friendship with Kyari and the incompetence of Buhari sort of guaranteed is position.

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 20, 2020
Bekool:

So aliyu umah is also dead when did he die and what caused his death?

According to Reports, Aliyu umar died Friday 17th April 2020...

As usual Secrecy! It just said he was butyamid the Covid-19 Virus
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by SweetJoystick(m): 6:16am On Apr 20, 2020
funshint:

Shutup don't drag Tinubu into your nonsense analogy. Beside who are to to decide if anybody will succeed Buhari or not. Let's just wait and see.
Says one of Tinubu slaves
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Jlow2: 7:15am On Apr 20, 2020
sarrki:

Is it a crime?
its a crime in a saner clime, to chose nepotism or who knows who over competence
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by stickle(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2020
My only problem with them is that, why come into power to deny all of us the same privilege that you guys enjoyed.
You did not only destroy our education, you are all well bent on destroying the lives of the people.
You can sing all the praises but the people know who is working for them and who is not.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Tedpgrass: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2020
AreaFada2:

My only problem is that these officials become dishonest. Or maybe they have been so privileged that they are totally disconnected from reality of the masses.

Take the brilliant Onyeama for example. Since 1985, he said he spent 30 years abroad. Out of the last 35 years o.

Then you return to Abuja to live in a sumptuous environment and travel abroad as foreign minister often.

Even those that live locally, after rising up the ranks, they become totally disconnected.

If they can't see that 90% of the people are struggling, who will lead reform? They hold the power, control state resources, apparatus of state and in league with the economic elite.

I hear you sir...

But sometimes the people or populace leave you in a place of despair..

The following,
1. lack of maintenance culture,
2. the get-rich by any means largely illegitimate or die trying mindset,
3. the entitlement but no responsibility attitude
4. The envious/greedy mantra

makes for a very explosive mix..

That's why you find the politicians look for short term highly visible projects that are not necessarily keyed into infrastructural development to perpetrate and get accolades.

Can One blame them??

A factor that is often overlooked is... The civil service. They claim lack of funds but somehow salaries get paid, though months later, because someone has siphoned the money into fixed bank accounts for a short period to get extras to line their personal pockets.
Budgets are often exaggerated to account for all these exigencies.
Bribes are the order of the day to move paper documents from one office to the other.. In fact to get through the gates, bribes are needed.

These facts have nothing to do with politicians but just the inert greed.

The civil service parastatals have become dens of thieves... The number of identified ghost workers in these parastatals identified in the last Clean-up exercise, give a glimpse of the endemic corruption. The number of mansions in Abuja alone owned by these chaps and their underlings is concerning if not frightening!!

What we often forget as a populace is that politicians come and go but the civil service should be the backbone of national development. For effective service delivery and maintenance , they should provide some degree of moral compass.

These guys should be called to account for the lack of development or at least maintenance. In the event of any spotlight on them, it's easy to throw the books at the politicians who are visible and naturally earn the greatest distrust by the manner of their profession!!!! Except if they are very likable..

This continuous "to and fro" game only serves to distract.

I've often wondered why Fash could not deliver as a minister as he did with Lagos state..
The only answer to this lies with bureaucratic loopholes entrenched in those ministries and corresponding interactions with the different stakeholders.

The advantages he had in Lagos were 2-fold at least.
- He was one of the ministry boys and understood the inner workings and had also identified the power brokers without whose involvement, any initiative was bound to fail.
- Take it or leave it, a new order had been put in place by his predecessor, the Asiwaju.

Nigeria, I wish you well....

A few things to consider..
1. A visionary leader who will take the bull by the head is needed
2. Automating many of the systems will minimise corruption.. The TSA is a splendid example
3. Transparency at all levels of governance is needed
4. Making visible and accountable the heads of parastatals, ministries, service hubs, local governments, council wards may help enforce a positive social re-engineering. Emails are made public with a counter to measure response rate and customer satisfaction rate. This is analysed on a regular basis and disciplinary measures put in place for poor performance with no credible reasons.

5. Reawakening the national psyche:- contentment and discipline, conscientiousness, hardwork and patriotism mantra .... is needed. This could be made as part of the school curriculum to hopefully set the forthcoming generations right:--- Singapore is a good example

2 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by CioAngels(f): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
With all your good story about pa Abba Kyari now you never said how good and the kind of man he was while a life. Now that he is gone and will not appreciate himself that he still have people who understand him for good. Nigerians, no matter the long stay in white's country for straight farwardness we are still Nigerians. May pa Abba Kyari soul rest in peace.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by BigIyanga: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
CioAngels:
With all your good story about pa Abba Kyari now you never said how good and the kind of man he was while a life. Now that he is gone and will not appreciate himself that he still have people who understand him for good. Nigerians, no matter the long stay in white's country for straight farwardness we are still Nigerians. May pa Abba Kyari soul rest in peace.
Good to him.. the only reason he was appointed minister was because of personal relationship with Kyari
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by mavisbeacon: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
So apt!!!
Chosen1984:
I do not Believe in all these ! It's After someone dies that we begin to hear all this stories of he was this or that!

Abba Kayari was Extremely Powerful in this dispensation! Infact He was the De-Facto President

The Unnecessary Killings All around the Country went on Abated because people like him refused to take the Neccessary actions..

The Ungodly and unholy disgrace of Justice Onnegen and the subsequent appointment of the Present Chief Justice was a well coordinated stuff with Abba kyari as the head.

Abba kyari cannot be said to be innocent of the Supreme Court Magic that brought about the Onnegen saga... 2 of them involved in that have gone and were buried the same day . ( Aliyu Umar SAN and Abba kyari). April 17th and April 18th. It is not Ordinary. " Vengeance is Mine says the LORD"

Aliyu Umar SAN was the prosecutor at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. He got an ex parte order from the CCT, and quickly sent it to Abba Kyari who immediately sent it to Buhari for approval of Onnoghen's removal.

It's Exactly A year Anniversary of that sham and both of them are 6ft below ..

The Fulani Herdsmen killings and free way was a highly coordinated asssignnent! Abba Kyari cannot be said to not know!

Even when it was clear that the service chiefs have been Overwhelmed! The Service Chiefs were kept there..

Abba kyari cannot be said to be innocent of the Supreme Court Magic that brought about the Onnegen saga... 2 of them involved in that have gone .( Aliyu Umar SAN and Abba kyari). April 17th and April 18th

The One sided Security Appointments in the Country is a well planned idea..

Let's stop all these talk of The late CSO being for the Nigerian project! I cannot take that!

Abba kyari was loyal to his boss - Yes

Abba kyari was given to the Fulani Course- Yes

I Better be loyal to GOD ALMIGHTY and Godly Principles in discharging my Duty than be loyal to a Man

Abba Kyari has Gone to Answer to GOD .

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Shabaleo19: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deep down inside, I believe Abba Kayri is a good and wonderful man. He's always at the forefront of every development in Buharis administration. Man is well learned, calm and full of wisdom.
Good Northerners keep dying, from Yaradua Nigeria's best president whose legacies is been implemented till today, who forsaw Lagos crowded nature and wanted to dredge river Naija and build another port at Onitsha, but enemies of development won't allow that. I weep for my country

sarrki:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/18/foreign-minister-onyeama-mourns-abba-kyari-his-best-man/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Caption These Pictures From Today's Fracas At The NASS / Labour Party VP Datti Baba-Ahmed Loses His Polling Unit To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.