Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole (23902 Views)

We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death / Living In Fear Of Abba Kyari By Tunji Ajibade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Ochuksbaba(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2020
All this sentimental blackmail will never work
Abba Kyari was a bad man and Nigeria is better off without him,,simple
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by dejonathan(f): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2020
wman:

Please! Do you think his friends and family will have anything negative to say about him?

Abegi.

I've read about 5 tributes to Abba Kyari from Onyeama, Simon Kolawole and three other people.

None of them mentioned the causes or projects he championed on behalf of Nigerians. All they said was that he was a loyal person, well-educated and good to his friends.

No talk of how he helped to shape policies or decisions that made the lives of the average Nigerian better over 5 years. They admitted that Buhari left him in control of most things. They never mentioned how he ran the affairs of things that were put in his charge.

I don't need to see the Chief Financial Officer of a company personally to know how well the company is doing.

All these na just scam and a way of whitewashing Kyari's image.
Hmmmmm
What about the anambra government words about him?
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by blowjohn(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2020
evansjeff:
God bless you sir. Who else noticed that all through out his time in the presidency, Abba Kyari never granted any interviews? He never talked to the press for once. He didn’t bother denying all the lies against him. It’s obvious this man had a good heart and was hated for nothing by people who knew nothing about him.

Now before you quote, sit down and think about it, ask yourself, Apart from the stories I read on social media, what really did Abba Kyari do to me personally?

Meanwhile...

May his soul rest in peace

That's not the issue bro.
From oshiomoles letter u can see that he was the one taking vital decisions about the country.
Now ask urself, how far has Nigeria gone?
Av read about his positions before he became chief of staff dont get me wrong o. But if u agree that he was the one calling the shots, then ask urself, did nigeria do well under him.
By the way, this is my premise: it was never buhari carrying out or analysing decisions for the country cos I have never seen a more silent and inconspicuous president than the one we have currently.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by ADMAF(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2020
evansjeff:
God bless you sir. Who else noticed that all through out his time in the presidency, Abba Kyari never granted any interviews? He never talked to the press for once. He didn’t bother denying all the lies against him. It’s obvious this man had a good heart and was hated for nothing by people who knew nothing about him.

Now before you quote, sit down and think about it, ask yourself, Apart from the stories I read on social media, what really did Abba Kyari do to me personally?

Meanwhile...
People saying all the rubbish about him know little to nothing about him. Even Femi Fani Kayode (FFK) who is one of the most vocal opposition to the APC called him
'Loyal' and 'a man of honour' because he knew him personally, beyond all the propaganda.
Meanwhile, you people should check out Kyari's CV- it's absolutely impressive.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Cholls(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2020
Lostz:

loyalty to one individual instead of his country
my brother no offense! You no get sense...Wisdom is profitable so get it. Here is how it works...Go to John 11 and read up on what Jesus told Bartha.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by evansjeff(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2020
blowjohn:

May his soul rest in peace

That's not the issue bro.
From oshiomoles letter u can see that he was the one taking vital decisions about the country.
Now ask urself, how far has Nigeria gone?
Av read about his positions before he became chief of staff dont get me wrong o. But if u agree that he was the one calling the shots, then ask urself, did nigeria do well under him.
By the way, this is my premise: it was never buhari carrying out or analysing decisions for the country cos I have never seen a more silent and inconspicuous president than the one we have currently.

I have no reply. All I have to say is, now that he is no more. Nigeria will soon become London.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by ojuu4u(m): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2020
evansjeff:

Meanwhile...
do urself justice sir. Google it and check videos. Meanwhile press or no press, ask urself, is govt of Nigeria under major genera is moving Nigeria forward? Does it foster unity? If no , de facto president is culpable. Period!!!
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by evansjeff(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2020
ojuu4u:
do itself justice Google it and check videos. Meanwhile press or no press, ask urself, is govt of Nigeria moves Nigeria forward? Does it foister unity? If no , de facto president is culpable.

I have no reply. All I have to say is, now that he is dead, Nigeria will soon become London
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by ojuu4u(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2020
evansjeff:

I have no reply. All I have to say is, now that he is dead, Nigeria will soon become London

If people like ur god father is not occupied greedy and selfish positions again......but try to be factual and not being emotional, u re a man.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by evansjeff(m): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2020
ojuu4u:

If people like ur god father is not occupied greedy and selfish positions again......but try to be factual and not being emotional, u re a man.
I have no reply. All I have to say is, Now that he’s dead. Nigeria will soon become London.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by blowjohn(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2020
evansjeff:

I have no reply. All I have to say is, now that he is no more. Nigeria will soon become London.

Ok, since u have nothing to say, I'll as well say no more
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by kalvoken(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2020
tunary:
Guy i suppose buy you cat fish pepper soup. your head get better oil. Nigeria leaders deserve to die and die again because of their greed selfishness and wickedness. we are all equal, nobody is greater than anyone in this world

LOL for this coro holiday. I swear I no go mind o.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by athorello(m): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2020
kalvoken:
Why are we this hypocritical in nature?

Someone who when he was alive stocked up the resources meant for we all, for his personal and family use. He neglected us all as if we are nobody, he even had to host his birthday party in abroad so that those who que under the sun/rain to vote them won't benefit in whatsoever way.

Then he dies and you want me, as hungry as I am, to start crying and mourning and drain off the little blood in me with sadness. How many of them polithiefcians mourn the death of commoner? So if femi adishina or Lai Mohammed should die today, you would expect me to mourn too?

Keep fooling yourself

Stop disgracing yourself. Abba Kyari is now Mamman Duara.

I don't like the man but it's obvious people mix the two people up.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by adekolaelect(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2020
IlovePMB:
The monkey has finally spoken. Na today he hear say him die.
"The monkey " but you forgot to mention which animal your father is?
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by bamdexfarms(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2020
CliffDike:

His loyalty to his boss was by extension to our dear country!
The media wasn't fair to him!
All, I repeat, all the allegations of corruption and mismanagement against him were utterly false and maliciously fallacious!
ABBA KYARI WAS A GOOD MAN!!!!!!!
Rest in Peace Mallam!

Shut your trap
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by StivoeDevoe: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
i think you would have say this that time you were suspended but now every body miss him either was good for us or not bcs he is a human cry
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Legendguru: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
okay
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Ekg911(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
semyman:
Farewell, My Friend and Authentic Comrade

By Comrade Adams Oshiomhole

There are two most important dates in a man’s life. Other than the day he was born, according to Mark Twain, the other day is the day he discovers why he was born.

Doubtless, Mallam Abba Kyari realised his own purpose early enough: a conscientious pursuit of common good without seeking personal glory.

My first encounter with him was not in the corridors of power in Abuja, but in a very humble environment back in 1973.

In the last five years of the Buhari presidency, Mallam Kyari surely meant different things to different folks as the Chief of Staff.
Perhaps the popular perception is that he was the embodiment of loyalty to President Muhammadu Buhari and an abiding patriotism to Nigeria.

But to confine his profile to his last official address is to miss the full height of the essential Abba Kyari and lose the broader picture of a life devoted entirely to fighting for the under-privileged, even though quietly.
Indeed, those who knew him would never begrudge him; those who resented him had obviously never the chance of truly knowing him.

I say this with the authority of one whose intimate association with him dates back to the days of Zamfara Textile in Kaduna.
I will illustrate with a few anecdotes.
Way back in 1973, we had found ourselves in opposing sides of the isle at Zamfara Textile in Kaduna: I was the leader of the workers union while he represented the management as Admin Officer.

But in the many brushes the union had with the management, Abba Kyari showed a true character as a conscientious man, a true Nigerian patriot, by never failing to side with workers on the core issues of human dignity and fairness. Following our protest, he was the lone voice at the management meeting who spoke against the operation of two classes of canteen by the company. He was not afraid to state that having a uniform canteen for both management staff and junior workers was the only way to convince the junior workers that their meal was not inferior.

Similarly, even though he was supposed to be on the side of the “oppressor”, Abba Kyari persuaded the management to incur extra costs by issuing all factory workers two pairs of personal protective uniform and safety boots.

The amazing thing was that, in pushing our case with management every time, Abba Kyari never sought to be seen or worshipped as a “hero”.
For him, advocating for social justice was not a favor, but a duty.

Again, when nobody believed in the chances of then General Buhari ever upstaging the behemoth PDP, Abba Kyari’s faith was unshaken.
I recall he was the one that first approached me in 2002 as the National President of Nigeria Labour Congress to sell Buhari’s candidacy to the labour movement. He invested his personal resources, energy and wide contacts in the business world in the project.

To say he shared President Buhari’s passion for a Nigeria that works for the vast majority as against the interest of a buccaneering elite is an understatement. It is partly the reason that Abba Kyari was never the darling of those used to gaming the system and their collaborators in western capitals.

That natural instinct to fight for the downtrodden was very much on display in 2016 when the Buhari administration was barely a year in office and the nation found herself in economic recession inflicted by the mismanagement of the economy by the previous administration.
I was still Edo Governor then. I recall that Abba Kyari, just like President Buhari, was quite stubborn in opposing the devaluation of naira. Just as they were averse to the removal of petrol subsidy. In several official meetings we had then in Abuja, you could always see the sadness on their faces when the matter came up and when the decision became inevitable. They were unhappy that such policies would hurt the vulnerable and erode the purchasing power of ordinary Nigerians.

Abba Kyari was not only loyal to President Buhari, he was also faithful to friends through thick and thin. His sense of humour was phenomenal. I recall that whenever we met and I complained that the stress of running the office of National Chairman was such that I had little time to socialize with old friends like him, he would tease by saying, “If a young man like you is complaining of stress as ordinary National Chairman of a party, I wonder what you expect someone like President Buhari who is running the entire country at his age and with all he has been through since the 60s and is still making sacrifices today, to say.”

In summary, there is no doubt that President Buhari has lost a dependable lieutenant and a close ideological disciple. Words cannot express our grief at this hour. But compatriots, we are comforted that Abba Kyari was a man of stellar character, a workhorse who toiled day and night to advance President Buhari’s vision, a luminous torchbearer for the progressives’ community and a committed advocate of the downtrodden who fought for them quietly without seeking personal glory.

The verdict of history will surely be kinder to him than the one borne out of whatever might be the reading or misunderstanding of his contemporary role in some quarters.

May Allah grant him peaceful repose and comfort his family and Mr. President over this great loss.

Farewell, my authentic comrade.

Signed:

Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomhole, mni, CON
Chairman, All Progressives Party.
Everyone reads news online, share a post, publish post and login, you could be earning for doing so, then why not try it.

The website also pays high for its affiliates. They will always pay you directly into your bank account.

The fact that we have been asked to remain indoors due to the corona virus pandemic is actually an opportunity for you to leverage on...
You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,700 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”
https:///BcFi2R4ITTIG5fxxSIjo2N
https:///+2348153376625
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by zudozz: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
he will write another one ..a longer one soon. Our God neither sleeps no slumbers!
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Montlab25: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
kalvoken:
Why are we this hypocritical in nature?

Someone who when he was alive stocked up the resources meant for we all, for his personal and family use. He neglected us all as if we are nobody, he even had to host his birthday party in abroad so that those who que under the sun/rain to vote them won't benefit in whatsoever way.

Then he dies and you want me, as hungry as I am, to start crying and mourning and drain off the little blood in me with sadness. How many of them polithiefcians mourn the death of commoner? So if femi adishina or Lai Mohammed should die today, you would expect me to mourn too?

Keep fooling yourself

You may be right but you may also be wrong. At times, the press paints people in the wrong light. One thing he stood out for was that he was willing to take bullets for his boss. Not once did he approach the press to deny anything or pass blames. We only know what people have said about him.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by chimerase2: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
i so lov dis man becos of the immense power he weighed in

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB / Akpabio, APC Threaten To Boycott Rerun Election / Peter Obi Pays Bills Of Mother, Son Abandoned By Husband In Hospital (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.