Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,439 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away (27809 Views)

Presidency Says CNG To Cost ₦‎230 Per Kg / Aisha Yesufu On Abuja-Kaduna Highway Attacks: Buhari Should Be Chased Out / El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by emkz: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2020
It would have been better to bury his body before making the announcement. That is where the government made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by surgical: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2020
donbachi:
Tony momoh...just seeking for unecessary relevance and attention...if at dis his present age in my life and i cant stand for the truth..then i'm a failure.
He is as garrulous and shameless like his brother itse sagay,as licking Na their job

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by osusuallstars: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2020
You know the truth , you chose to lie just to answer good party man .
My people says chase a foul out of shit , you may not know who will eat the legs ,
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by stormborn28(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2020
This old man never disappoint

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by emkz: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2020
surgical:
He is as garrulous and shameless like his brother itse sagay,as licking Na their job
donbachi and surgical, a bit on Mr Tony Momoh:

(1) Dual degree in Mass Communication and Law

(2) Editor of the then leading newspaper in Nigeria (Daily Times) before many on this forum were born.

(3) Took the Senate to Court when he was asked to appear to reveal the source of his information. He was represented by Gani Fawehinmi.

(4) Became General Manager of Times Publication Group.

(5) Appointed Minister of Information and served for four years.

(6) Appointed Chairman of Nigeria Airways by the President he served as minister.

(7) Was DG media for Alex Ekweme in 1999 and 2003. He started working with Buhari since 2003 after Obasanjo sidelined those that worked with his opponents.

(8.) When Buhari was betrayed by his friends, Momoh stood by him, and when he was losing elections, Momoh stood strong.

(9) When Buhari formed the CPC, he preferred Momoh to lead the party.

(10) Momoh convinced Tunde Bakare (a non-politician) to run with Buhari in 2011.

(11) During Buhari's three outings, Momoh used his own personal funds to run campaign jingles for Buhari.

(12) When Buhari said he was retiring from politics, Momoh was one of those who convinced him to come out.

(13) Momoh it was who convinced Buhari to align with Tinubu and ANPP if power would be wrested from the PDP.

(14) When Buhari won, he asked Momoh to pick any position he wanted. Momoh told him he was too old to hold positions (at 76) and wanted a role that would not stress him. He requested and was made Pro-Chancellor of the University of Jos.

(15) Momoh wrote a book on media laws and ethics which is a reference material in our higher institutions.

(16) Momoh, I hear, has never helped members of his family get government jobs or contracts even though the President/ministers are a dial away from him.

(17) When Dangote wanted to bury a journalist for running damaging stories against him, Dangote released him after Momoh intervened.

(18) Femi Adesina was recommended to the President and told of his appointment by Momoh. Senior journalists and lawyers know and respect Momoh. Who knows the two of you outside Nairaland?

You asked that Momoh wants relevance. What other relevance does he need apart from what I listed above?

Many are coming out and defending Abba Kyari after he passed on. We wonder why people did not speak for him while he was alive. Now he's not here to defend himself. Without knowing Tony personally, I went to him and told him I wanted to go to school but did not have all the money. He donated something and got his friends to contribute. I will not wait for him to leave this life before saying the little I know of him.

Let us learn to respect our elders and keep quiet when we don't know the pedigree of our elders.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Swingate(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2020
That burial was a let down by the federal government, we understand perfectly why it happened but we must not do things this way.
The burial was supposed to be conducted by NCDC, the moment death is confirmed to be caused by Covid 19.
The family can watch from a safe distance or be provided with proper PPE and be disinfected properly after the burial.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by BabaO2: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Instead of keeping quite, this man is staking his integrity defending irresponsible act of the government.
You don't want people to come, you announced the time, venue and order of proceedings...
What made kyari so special ahead of any other Nigerians?
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by West2019(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2020
But the federal government can stop majority of the state not to go out and search for there daily food abi
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Advancedman(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/kyaris-funeral-momoh-defends-presidency-says-mourners-cant-be-chased-away/

If I have a burial I will proceed with it but first put massive screen showing clips of kyari's burial and the FG excuse as well as others who defended the actions of the mourners. And wait for the police with a carefully installed live camera.
They must get sense by force
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by brainbox80: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2020
I hate to insult elders but I think Mr Tony Momoh thinks from his anus. Now talking about USA and the demonstrations across the nation, did Momoh care to see the underlying reasons behind the demonstrations? Is he trying to justify the wrongs demonstrated by our shameless government/leaders that enjoy cooking up excuses to cover their wrongdoings?

Well, I'm not surprised he said this coz most of our elder statesmen like him are nothing but "Psychophants and Ass-licking". They will always stop at nothing to define the wrongs of our clueless leaders and the gross demonstration of impunities all to continue sustaining the their paychecks.

I pity Nigeria. I hope Mr Momoh and his friends band cliques will swallow their prides to apologize to Nigerians when we start seeing the effects of that 'careless attitude' manifested during that burial.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by stormborn28(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:
Momoh's cup don full.

How dare he say "mourners" when ipob pigs are celebrating? That is not acceptable. angry

His flesh must be eaten raw. angry

does what baba is saying make sense to you at this point in time
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by zoedew: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2020
A man who has just one eye left before the other gets closed should look at things a little more closely before he speaks! I wonder what he is about these days always defending the Presidency!
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Omengboji: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2020
At his age he is still not utilizing his gray hair. When people are punished by same govt for breaking lockdown rules and you are there praising failed govt. Same govt shuts burial and also said anyone died of covid19 will be cremated and body should not released to families. I hate hypocrites .
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by donbachi(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2020
emkz:

donbachi and surgical, a bit on Mr Tony Momoh:

(1) Dual degree in Mass Communication and Law

(2) Editor of the then leading newspaper in Nigeria (Daily Times)

(3) Took the Senate to Court when he was asked to appear to reveal the source of his information. He was represented by Gani Fawehinmi.

(4)

.(4) dual degree in supporting nonsense

(5) took up the job of spokesperson for apc without an office.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by favour32(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2020
Brainless government!
Na una talk say copse killed by covid19 will not be released to the family.Then,una pass back release Abba Kyari copse to the family.
Double standard government!
Nothing wey nor dey una hand.
All the mumus wey go look cinema for the burial without PPE go spread covid19 for Abuja and its environ.
Mumu nor good.
What of that king of mumu wey video capture so, wey dey pull off PPE?
Dat man nor go school if e go at all, na dundee.
Na block heads nai make up the bunch of aids for Aso Rock!
Nigeria dey wahala with primitive people wey make up government.
If na better government,na 5 people nai go secretly bury Abba Kyari with PPE without any stress as ordered by government.
Una nor see how people wey dey advance for everything dey do their own?
Na so so last una dey like to carry.
Who see una dress go think say una be better people.Dem nor know say na brainless monkey nai dress so.
Comot here with una mumu�☠️
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by collitexnaira(m): 10:22am On Apr 20, 2020
One would expect an elderly person to always say the truth but such is not the case of these APC sympathizers.

Asslicking and saying all kinds of insensible manner of things just to support this wretched government is what they are good at, not minding if they made sense or not.

Social distance was created to stop the spread of the virus in order to safeguard people's life. But you guys have violated that because of your useless social status and hence aid the spread of the virus.

And here you are saying you can't chase people away, in order word you can accommodate the spread of the virus all because of mourners. Useless buffoon
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by oziamaka: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2020
It's official in Nigeria that some laws are mearnt for the ordinary Nigerians. yes some people are actually above the law. the minister of information Lie Mohamed last week said covid19 corpses would not be released to their families for burial but would rather be cremated by the centre for disease control according to quidelines. what a double standard.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by femia1(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
Poor Muslims have also died of covid19, but no Muslim right for buried was observed at least in the public, poor citizen of Nigeria have also suffered died due to the corona virus, their body were not released to the family. But the rich can easily bends the law to their own advantage. My people, I live in the north, anytime a northern Muslim erred or bend the law, they quickly make reference to the Qur'an, then suddenly, the gullible believer will take side not minding the consequence. For example, the commissioner in Kano state, who celebrated the dead of the late chief of defence tried to defence himself quoting the Qur'an when he was sacked. Now they are now saying Muslim is buried immediately in the case of Abba Kiari, Funke Adeleke was prosecuted for organising a birth day party, I saw the videos of Juggers who are arrested and detained to be prosecuted, then why are those who break the social distance rule be left moving freely without been prosecuted. Can any good come out of this country.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
usual trash!... NEXT!
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by plankyjacky(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
Why Nigerian will remain the same
1 nobody want to obey law. One law for the poor and another's for the privilege.
2 You can find a role model among most leader who actually practice what he preaches
3. A part of s whole can't be bigger than the whole. The destiny of Nigerian is bigger than the destiny of one man irrespective of position.
They took in to unknown private hospital while the other were kept in yaba.... The rest is story now
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by IYANGBALI: 10:28am On Apr 20, 2020
Make Buhari just make this guy him minister of defence because he is always coming out to defend him. Useless man
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by femia1(m): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2020
Poor Muslims have also died of covid19, but no Muslim right for buried was observed at least in the public, poor citizen of Nigeria also suffered lost from the corona virus epidemics, their body were not released for the family to observed the family or religious right like the late chief of defense. But the rich can easily bends the laws to their own advantage. My people, I live in the north, anytime a northern Muslim erred or bend the law, they quickly make reference to the Qur'an, then suddenly, the gullible believer will take sides not minding the consequences. For example, the commissioner in Kano state, who celebrated the dead of the late chief of defence tried to defence himself quoting the Qur'an when he was sacked. Now they are now saying Muslim is buried immediately in the case of Abba Kyari, Funke Akindele was prosecuted for organising a birth day party, I saw the videos of Juggers who were arrested and detained to be prosecuted, then why are those who break the social distance rule be left moving freely without been prosecuted. Can any good come out of this country.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Owodiran1(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2020
I just wish i could get to see this man face to face and tell him how stupid he iz. There is bo point ranting here. The rant won't pass nairaland
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by kense88: 10:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Foolish man. One of the problems we have in this country. May corona virus locate you wherever you are
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by alaira(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2020
donbachi:
Tony momoh...just seeking for unecessary relevance and attention...if at dis his present age in my life and i cant stand for the truth..then i'm a failure.
I TIRE OH. MAY BE HE WANTS TO BE MADE THE COS. grin grin
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by jonneljonn(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2020
tony mommoh is old anddosent knowwhat tosay anymorwe
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by silifx: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by LibraKing: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/kyaris-funeral-momoh-defends-presidency-says-mourners-cant-be-chased-away/

i hope your tongue wont twist when a common man get such burial crowd in attendance
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Vulcan24(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2020
Sir with deep respect and honour

E gó gan!
Re: Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away by Teenaira: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buratai: Late Attahiru Was On The Verge Of Making Nigeria Proud / Imo Youths Protest, Barricade NDDC Office With Coffin (Photos) / Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.