Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics (15113 Views)

Aisha Yesufu On Abuja-Kaduna Highway Attacks: Buhari Should Be Chased Out / Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away / Ekweremadu: Old Men That Stoned, Dragged And Beat Ex Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Islie: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2021
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has given young persons the clue they can use in chasing “old men like me out of politics”....

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has given young persons the clue they can use in chasing “old men like me out of politics”.

Speaking at ‘Radio Now’s Urgent Conversation’ in Lagos on Friday, he called on youths, corporate professionals and religious leaders to join active politics to contribute their quota and make the country work.

El-Rufai also said protests or activism will not take anybody anywhere until good people surrender themselves for public service and endure the humiliation associated with serving fatherland.

He said, “Good people must offer themselves for public service and suffer the indignity that we all suffer every day, we get abused, we get insulted, we get accused but we must have our best people in public service, we must have our bet people in politics; we should not have them in banks, in telecom companies, in oil companies, in civil societies protesting. Protesting will take you nowhere unless you have a seat at the table. The most important table is that political table.

“I got into government in a technocratic way, I didn’t get into government to be appointed minister because of politics. I was appointed because the President liked me and thought I could do the job. But I realised after that, politics trumps everything.

“So, my call to Nigerians is if you want to see better governance, be part of the selection process of those that offer themselves for public service and politics. And the only way to do so is to join political parties and be active and influence the leadership that emerges in the political parties which usually influences the leadership that are offered for election. There is no other way, there is no shortcut to it.

“I appeal to young Nigerians, comfortable Nigerians –because public service pay is very poor. So, comfortable Nigerians should leave what they are doing; the pastors and imams that have made money, the bankers, the telecoms guys, leave that thing, come and make Nigeria work, because if it doesn’t work, you will not sleep at night no matter how much money you have made.

“I believe that there is hope, I believe if we have more and more young people, we have five million of them attaining the age of 18 every year, they can come and overwhelm the parties and chase out old men like me and take over but they must come; they cannot stand by the side lines and keep criticising.

“Solutions are what this country needs and you can only propose this solution, fight for them in the system.”
https://dailytrust.com/el-rufai-how-old-men-like-me-can-be-chased-out-of-politics

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by chatinent: 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
“I got into government in a technocratic way, I didn’t get into government to be appointed minister because of politics. I was appointed because the President liked me and thought I could do the job. But I realised after that, politics trumps everything.

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by osamz007: 10:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
THOU BIGOT SHUT UP

9 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by binsanni(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
if I pull the trigger now nkor

this man no go ever shut up for once

9 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by BruncleZuma: 5:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Does it involve a bullet?
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by JoeEeL(m): 5:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Here comes the Kaduna little finger,

...you are directly responsible for the systematic cleansing of the Adara christians in your state. The Fulani-Islamisation agenda will never work. The sooner you id*ots in power realise this, the better for your dead hopes.

The Zoo has fallen.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by BizBayo: 5:11am On Feb 20, 2021
Shey dis one dey whine us ni

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Flexherbal(m): 5:12am On Feb 20, 2021
El-Rufai also said protests or activism will not take anybody anywhere until good people surrender themselves for public service and endure the humiliation associated with serving fatherland.

Good people really need to be decisions makers and the way is to be elected into top offices.
Do it the way our fathers did it.
For premature expulsion/erectile/sperm issues use https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cure+weak-organ&quick+release

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by rocknation62(m): 5:13am On Feb 20, 2021
Ogbeni Peter Rufai El-Rufai keep quiet...

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by chigoziri2403(m): 5:13am On Feb 20, 2021
Gen z wants the millennial to come chase him out of office
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 20, 2021
this man is a foool. you people should stop rigging elections and know whatsup. everybody cannot be in active politics!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Racoon(m): 5:16am On Feb 20, 2021
Suddenly the midget making a lots of senseless diplomatic statements.Dont worry the end of Nigeria is here.Youth should join politics? Are there no youth in the APC? How many of them were made leaders?

What is a man like Lai Mohammed, the late 89years old Obinna Nsofor(former Nigeria's ambassador to the US), and the sacked service chiefs being considered for even non- career ambassadors doing in government?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Gerrard59(m): 5:18am On Feb 20, 2021
People like Udom, Ayade, Makinde, both contestants in Ogun and Oyo gubernatorial election, Otti, Obiano, Obaseki etc. What difference have these people made?

The mistake most people make regarding Nigeria's elites is the assumption that they are intelligent. The only difference between Nigerian elites and the greater populace is: the former tend to have degrees from fanciful universities and work experience in known companies but are still Olodos, although refined. We've had these cretinous fvcktards support border closure, importation bans, keeping mute when marauding Fulani herdsmen destroy people's crops and farmlands, impose punitive taxes, create unrealistic budgets with fanciful names as Bliss and Blush" or "Ompolitic nonsense and ingredients".

There's no difference in reasoning between an elite in Nigeria and ordinary Nigerians.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Emyogalanya: 5:21am On Feb 20, 2021
the g.g.father they try to chase out in 2019 , did he not jump inec fence and come back? u want us to chase u and they're prepping u up for vp with gej in 2023? just tell us you want to be chased from kaduna into ass-hole-rock. if want to run out why not tender ur resignation letter to people of kaduna.via hos. ? midget I know the only "run" you will understand is to be a running mate. soon we will hear how some phantom groups created by you , will be chasing you to run for office in 2023

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by wolexy14(m): 5:23am On Feb 20, 2021
Dou I hate u but dats d truth we need to weed dis old fools out .....
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by nextBIGthing: 5:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Buhari again !!!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by virtual7(m): 5:32am On Feb 20, 2021
No be lie
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Okortor: 5:33am On Feb 20, 2021
Who's d mod pushing el-rufai's news to fp today so

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by kc4christ(m): 5:38am On Feb 20, 2021
NO BE LIE ur mouth sweet die.
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Penguin2: 5:49am On Feb 20, 2021
Like Obasanjo said, Elrufai is intelligent and industrious but he's evil.

If you join politics to chase them away now, he will be part of those who will plan on how to disappear you forever.

Where is the Kaduna journalist abducted since 2019?

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:58am On Feb 20, 2021
Sane, good, honest and hardworking Naija youths, wake up!

This is your future we are talking about here, and not even only about your future, but about the future of your unborn kids.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by WISEONE12: 6:00am On Feb 20, 2021
I seriously think this man made a valid point.

Being in the game is the only and fastest way to change the system.

Only that the opportunity cost can is much.

Capable hands can come pls.

Together we rise....

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by floss(m): 6:14am On Feb 20, 2021
In as much as I don't like El-Rufai, I must admit he just pointed out to Nigerians the solution to their woes... Being part of the selection process is key to good governance in Nigeria, just imagine if all the Nigerians breaking and setting good records in different industry, departments abroad are part of the selection process instead of the present greedy old men in different political parties that dictates for more than 200million people how the country will be run...
Important lesson to pick from here.... Good and capable people should get involved and secure a seat in the table of selection...#Chase El-Rufai and his Goons out of politics, # Chase all political old men out of Nigerian politics.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by SoulMus: 6:15am On Feb 20, 2021
Old men or Young Men leadership is about having the right person

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Amspecial: 6:18am On Feb 20, 2021
grin
demon monkey
u have come again
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by floss(m): 6:27am On Feb 20, 2021
Gerrard59:
People like Udom, Ayade, Makinde, both contestants in Ogun and Oyo gubernatorial election, Otti, Obiano, Obaseki etc. What difference have these people made?

The mistake most people make regarding Nigeria's elites is the assumption that they are intelligent. The only difference between Nigerian elites and the greater populace is: the former tend to have degrees from fanciful universities and work experience in known companies but are still Olodos, although refined. We've had these cretinous fvcktards support border closure, importation bans, keeping mute when marauding Fulani herdsmen destroy people's crops and farmlands, impose punitive taxes, create unrealistic budgets with fanciful names as Bliss and Blush" or "Ompolitic nonsense and ingredients".

There's no difference in reasoning between an elite in Nigeria and ordinary Nigerians.
Truth is if your great grand parents were proactive the way you are now, you won't have time for Nairaland, you will be in either of the offices either as a Minister, Commissioner, senator, Governor etc... the difference between you and them is not that they went to fanciful university abroad or had working experience in big companies... the difference is their parents were proactive enough to lay a good foot prints for their children to follow... just like tomorrow when you hear that El-Rufai's grand son is the Governor of kaduna state, I don't expect you to shout foul play because their Dad has laid the foundation for them to follow, just like the Yar'Aduas.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Ellasure: 6:29am On Feb 20, 2021
The whole truth and nothing but true.

There are two sides in politics, just like life, the good way and the evil way. When you join politics chose your way, your only way.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by tillaman(m): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2021
grin
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by vincentjk(m): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2021
Whenever I think of how this guy marginalize the people of southern kaduna just because they're Christians it breaks my heart seriously.

But then what will they do?
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by Benesis: 6:41am On Feb 20, 2021
How do we define good people?
The problem in Nigeria is that we dont have strong institutions, its strong institutions that will make for accountability.

If the military could be 70% independent, the press, the Judiciary, the EFCC, the police, and theses guys really checkmate on the excesses of our elected officials, then they will be cautious..

Me think we need people of integrity (yha we kbow d last was a fluke) to man these institutions and then people will be forced to lead us right.. Its true that if you take Buhari to rule in the USA, he will be forced to work optimally or resign,, because the institutions are there to call him to order.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by merits(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2021
Islie:

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has given young persons the clue they can use in chasing “old men like me out of politics”....

https://dailytrust.com/el-rufai-how-old-men-like-me-can-be-chased-out-of-politics
Re: El-Rufai: How Old Men Like Me Can Be Chased Out Of Politics by watchindelta(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2021
Old or young mean nothing to a man is the heart of good or bad of the person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NASS Members Salary Cannot Take Them Home - Hon. Benjamin Kalu / Abia Killings: Perpetrators Not Igbo, Ohanaeze Sympathises With Northerners / FG, TUC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.