Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car (394 Views)

Igbos Are Just Too Much - I Am Shaking Right Now When I Think Of It :-) / Billionaire Thinks Deeply / Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car by wasbo89(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2020
It is good to have a car because having a car will save your time, save you from unpleasant people, for pleasure trips, emergencies, carrying family and things but it is not necessary that you must get it by force by fire. The moment you buy a car, you must be ready to maintain it and failure to do that, you know what's gonna happen.

You need to look at your business and how money is coming-in/monthly income before deciding to buy any car. I've seen mostly young guys that bought cars between N3M - N7M and after using it for so many years, they are unable to replace it with something higher or similar. How will a person buy a car of N5M and after using it for 2 years, he sold it and bought another car of N1.6M while some sold their cars and can't afford to buy another one. Is that a progress or what?

Please Note, if you have a car, nobody will believe you that you are broke, nobody wanna help you. In-fact friends won't gift you money talk-less of borrowing you because they will think, you are rich for owning a car.

Finally, nothing wrong if you wanna buy any car of your choice but buy something reasonable. You can't have N6M and buy a car of N3M. Tell me, in 2 - 6 years time, will you be able to replace it with something higher or similar? That's why you need to think of your next car.

We all pray for progress in our lives. Endeavor to spend more on assets that bring more money for you than something that suck you dry (liability).

What's your reaction to what i stated above?
Re: Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car by Brancho: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2020
A car is a tool of effectiveness and not a symbol of success. At least,that's what it's supposed to be.
Re: Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car by whatmoreng: 9:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks. Nice post. I have be contemplating on buying my first. But the question at the back of my mind has been "do I really need it?". And to be honest I haven't been able to answer. I guess I will just pipelow for now.

1 Like

Re: Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car by blackboy(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2020
When the price hike in fuel in 2015 I know someone who already had a high maintenance cost so the fuel hike had compounded things for him. He sold his SUV and bought a Camry

It's being wise or cutting your clothes according to your size or saving cost
Re: Think Deeply Before Buying A Car And Always Think Of Your Next Car by oginga: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Nics one sir... Car is a liability so I go for something durable that can serve me for two or more years without draining my pocket. Anything above 3m is a no go for me.

(1) (Reply)

8 Zazzau Princes Indicate Interest To Succeed Emir Shehu Idris / Cultural Shock: Why Babies Are Tossed In India / King Von And Asian Doll Flirting When They First Met!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.