Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

....... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ....... (5576 Views)

Jumia Are Fraudsters. They Refused To Refund My Money Since August / How Scammers Bypass Your One Time Password Protect / Jumia Are Full Of Disappointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ....... by brainfordetails: 12:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Thank God that have not order for that pot of vegetables soup with asorted meats garnished with stock fish I saw on Jumia Food.

Only God knows what could have been my story now. grin
Re: ....... by GodWrites: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2020
These first time online shoppers won't allow me hear word. So if they become a minute late, you start panicking and calling them scammers? If so, then stick to your normal going to a brick and mortar store.

Even Amazon, alibaba and co sometimes delay when it comes to delivery. It's a normal thing in the e-commerce world.

Track your order, remain in communication with your seller and be patient.

3 Likes

Re: ....... by BestChoiceTutor(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2020
I'm not too sure about your conclusion on Jumia. I ordered for a Bluetooth like 3 weeks ago. I expected it 4days after paying for the order but was extended for another 2days. All in all, I received an email that it was out of stock and that I could re-order. But I didn't but asked for a refund and was refunded after 3working day. Follow the your mails
Re: ....... by Bangis007(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2020
BestChoiceTutor:
I'm not too sure about your conclusion on Jumia. I ordered for a Bluetooth like 3 weeks ago. I expected it 4days after paying for the order but was extended for another 2days. All in all, I received an email that it was out of stock and that I could re-order. But I didn't but asked for a refund and was refunded after 3working day. Follow the your mails

They never send me anything to my mail except that apology and additional of days, if their contact number is going through I could have call them and ask for a refund.
Re: ....... by Bangis007(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:
These first time online shoppers won't allow me hear word. So if they become a minute late, you start panicking and calling them scammers? If so, then stick to your normal going to a brick and mortar store.

Even Amazon, alibaba and co sometimes delay when it comes to delivery. It's a normal thing in the e-commerce world.

Track your order, remain in communication with your seller and be patient.

Jumia does not have that feature yet, their tracking still sucks and communication worse sef. You will mail them, fill out form but no response of whatever from them.
Re: ....... by Fogman(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Bangis007:

They never send me anything to my mail except that apology and additional of days, if their contact number is going through I could have call them and ask for a refund.

If you can't wait anymore, ypu can cancel the order and your refund will be processed.
Re: ....... by Bangis007(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Update

Just of recent, jumia have send me my tracking number and also told me that the cuz of the delay is they have to do a drop off then before my item will be delivered to me.

Re: ....... by dims95(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bangis007:

Please just hear your self, that is why this country will always be held back by the type of thesame minded people like you, I have been shopping online for about 6+years from the likes of eBay,aliexpress and amazon, those retailers never disappointed me not even once, even with the current pandemic I was able to receive my order that I make from aliexpress without any long story even though I only got an Additional of 1day+ from the original date......so I know exactly what I am talking about.
And please tell what is fishy about me registering an account with them (jumia)?
Well established brand with multiple internal fraud and external threats....well said my bro

Classic unimaginative and dodgy response. It's actually your mentality that has the worst effect on the country, you go about defaming the reputation of a brand over a minor logistics hitch.
Do you think you're the first or only one to have shopped on ebay, AliExpress and amazon? Well newsflash, a lot of people, including me, have shopped on their platform and have run into similar issues like this. Heck, I have 3 orders on AliExpress yet to be delivered because of the pandemic. So don't come here to lie about how the pandemic has not affect their operations.
Like you've been told, if you can't wait for the item ask for a refund.

3 Likes

Re: ....... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
festwiz:
If you check Jumia's website you'll see a notice saying that only essential items will be given shipping priority due to the lockdown. This is the 4th week, so you'll probably get your item the moment the lockdown is lifted.

NB: I am not a Jumia agent.
what are essential item? cause am supposed 2 get my order(phone) today
Re: ....... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bangis007:

Yes I saw it.... That's why I waited for an additional couple of days, even though with their promise that I'll be contacted by one of their associate which is just another story....because up till now I never heard anything from them(jumia).
where do you stay?
Re: ....... by festwiz(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
branham890:

what are essential item? cause am supposed 2 get my order(phone) today
Groceries, Food items, Medical aids etc..everything else, like Electronics, Phones, Fashion etc will be delayed either due to the airport lockdowns or the lockdown guidelines by the Federal Govt.

1 Like

Re: ....... by Bangis007(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
branham890:

where do you stay?

Adamawa state
Re: ....... by GodWrites: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
dims95:

Classic unimaginative and dodgy response. It's actually your mentality that has the worst effect on the country, you go about defaming the reputation of a brand over a minor logistics hitch.
Do you think you're the first or only one to have shopped on ebay, AliExpress and amazon? Well newsflash, a lot of people, including me, have shopped on their platform and have run into similar issues like this. Heck, I have 3 orders on AliExpress yet to be delivered because of the pandemic. So don't come here to lie about how the pandemic has not affect their operations.
Like you've been told, if you can't wait for the item ask for a refund.

It boggled me. Like seriously! I blame Suen for making opening of threads too easy.

1 Like

Re: ....... by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
festwiz:
Groceries, Food items, Medical aids etc..everything else, like Electronics, Phones, Fashion etc will be delayed either due to the airport lockdowns or the lockdown guidelines by the Federal Govt.
wahala dey
Re: ....... by Babapyro: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
This your rant is really unneccessary, you can see what is happening around you with the lockdown and all,so it's not their fault contact them and bear with them.
The company might use you for defamation if they come across this post.and their actions will be justifiable because all you've said now shows they're not at fault,you could have gone about this more maturely.

1 Like

Re: ....... by Babapyro: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bangis007:

I am based in Adamawa, they do not have office over here
They are in lagos and you expect them to deliver to adamawa when the the state is on lockdown, you're unreasonable.

2 Likes

Re: ....... by Karex81(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jumia is fine, my package just arrived.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
I tried to purchase an android in Junia platform.The price was #30k excluding shipping and other fees which would have increased the price.So I went to computer village to check on the price,but I was surprised the phone was #27k.I have to go for the one at #27k.I got it from Konga shop at otigba street to be precise.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:
Jumia is fine, my package just arrived.
when did u place your order ane how long did it take?
Re: ....... by Karex81(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2020
branham890:

when did u place your order ane how long did it take?
placed the order btw 14-16th of april can't remember the date, it arrived yesterday.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:

placed the order btw 14-16th of april can't remember the date, it arrived yesterday.
what did u order??! like u stay in lagos
Re: ....... by Karex81(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
branham890:
what did u order??! like u stay in lagos
mi band 4, I stay @akwa ibom.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:

mi band 4, I stay @akwa ibom.
thats under "other cities" na?u used jumia express right?
today would makd my own 9 days
Re: ....... by Karex81(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
branham890:
thats under "other cities" na?u used jumia express right? today would makd my own 9 days
I hope you put it on POD option.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:

I hope you put it on POD option.
no it was prepaid,hope
no problem
Re: ....... by Karex81(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
branham890:
no it was prepaid,hope no problem
No problem, I just prefer pod to prepaid
Re: ....... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:

wanted to go 4 pod but later changed my mind, just hope this people deliver before friday....they are nt even replying my message any more on FB
Re: ....... by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karex81:
they added 2-4 days, dnt knw if they deliver on saturdays??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elon Musk Launches Tesla Model Pi Phone. / Will Glo Compensate Us For The 3 Days Of Downtime? / Please Help Me, My Tecno 8H Is Faulty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.