Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida (68007 Views)

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana / NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

God bless you bro for this comment. South Africa have F-18s and other modern fighter jets, medium size well equipped destroyers and even submarines!

Chineke!!! Where did get south Africa have f-18s from grin

Lol destroyers ke grin

Bro please educate yourself and stop disgracing yourself online grin

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by layzie: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Reference:

They were selected because of their low speed and low operating altitude which is ideal for close air support of ground troops.

Also fixed aircraft like the Tucano are more reliable and cheaper to operate than rotary wing aircraft. Reason why America cannot retire the A-10 Warthog, though it is jet engined, it just doesn't have a present battlefield replacement.

But of course the US will not sell us the A-10 (they rarely export it) so this is the next best thing.

This feature of low speed, low altitude is a disaster nah as BH is known to use AAG. Or is there something im missing
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Amotekun777: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

Google is your friend. Go and learn. Stop celebrating rubbish!

No one is celebrating anything. Don't just type the names and countries of origin for no apparent purpose. That doesn't help anyone, abeg. You should have stated their capabs.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MansoryMX(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

Apart from Egypt, Algeria and maybe Morocco none of those countries have suitable air force, remove 12 gripen from south african airforce which about only 4 are airworthy at the moment their air force is a good as garbage, Tunisia? Don't even start

See Brother wey mumu! Dude I lived in South Africa for 5 years. They have a submarine! A fuccking sub! Wetin we get? Canoe!
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by JAMO84: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mace0lane:
If PDP or Jonathan were still ruling this country the money for this would have been looted.
Just like they looted the Dasuki 2.1 billion dollars

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by GalaticHorde: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
yommen:

I know Nigerians will never learn even in midst of hunger that common Nigerians are experiencing. I know even youthful Nigerians will argue over two parties that have done nothing to impact the life of that common man on the streets. Even though I hoped that this untold hardship we are experiencing during the lockdown will help adjust our line of thoughts, I still had a feeling that we are already used to suffering and we will still argue over APC and PDP. I'm not sorry to say this, Nigerians deserve all they are going through!
no be you fesst tok am, oluwaburna don tohk am before
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

Abeg shift! Nigeria could afford F-16 and F-18 but corruption won’t allow them. Stop celebrating rubbish. Some of you lots irritates me with they say you celebrate nonsense being done by Nigeria government. Jeez!

Oga america won't sell us f-16s nor f-18s
That's why Nigeria is getting the JF17 thunder
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Miracle1991: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
akinsmyk:

Won't it interest you that the order was made and payment mobilized before Buhari came into power?
yea.the second niger bridge was built and commission by GEJ abi?
Children of hate.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by idtwo: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
It is easy to reel out the names of modern aircrafts you have heard of or read about, but do you know how much those things you mentioned are sold for and do you think they are sold to just anybody or any country that wants them? You don't seem to know about sales of defense equipment.

MansoryMX:

Are you fuckkking kidding me! You know nothing about fighter jet. Do you know what;

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. Origin: United States.

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II. Origin: United States. ...

Sukhoi Su-57. Origin: Russia. ...

Chengdu J-20. Origin: China. ...

Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. Origin: United States. ...

Sukhoi Su-35. Origin: Russia. ...

Eurofighter Typhoon. Only 3 of any of these can wipe out the entire Nigeria military, so shut up abeg.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MansoryMX(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

Chineke!!! Where did get south Africa have f-18s from grin

Lol destroyers ke grin

Bro please educate yourself and stop disgracing yourself online grin

See mumu! Have you ever step your foot outside this country. The day you do, you will be so ashamed of this shithole called Nigeria.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by JAMO84: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
agbangam:
Nonsense and APC, Chad dealt with Boko boys without Tucano or Bucano but here in Nigeria our leaders must find a way of stealing our money. Just give chad half of what our leaders have spent so far on this Boko war and u see Chad display the dead body of Shekau. angry angry
After Boko slaughtered 98 of their soldiers in a day
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

See Brother wey mumu! Dude I lived in South Africa for 5 years. They have a submarine! A fuccking sub! Wetin we get? Canoe!

I don't care where you lived, and i never said they don't have a submarine, as I said their air force is not up to par, stop talking shit online,
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

See mumu! Have you ever step your foot outside this country. The day you do, you will be so ashamed of this shithole called Nigeria.

Mumu where did you see destroyers there

I told you to stop disgracing yourself online, do you even know the difference between destroyers and frigates?
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MansoryMX(m): 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

I don't care where you lived, and i never said they don't have a submarine, as I said their air force is not up to par, stop talking shit online,

Y’all should keep on celebrating rubbish. Una really deserve the kind of lifestyle an average youth live in this shithole.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Dpharisee: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Turbo propeller plane to be delivered in 2021. Nonsense and ingredients, even Rebel Biafrans retrofitted similar aircraft in 1968 and used it to bomb Nigeria Army targets. Always celebrating mediocrity. Chadian soldiers destroyed all Boko Haram bases in Chad without waiting Tucano or F35 jets.

This Tucano fraud was used to grant Buhari audience to meet Trump at the white house during which Trump called him Lifeless person
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Emu4life:
Sorry Sirs but this thread is not for wailing. You can create another thread for that. Tankiu

Everyone to his own opinion.

They have the right to air their opinions as Nigerians.
Calling their opinion Wailing is wrong as they could as well call you a Zombie accepting every policies of the government either good or bad.

What works for one doesn't work for another. And that's the nature of Sane Societies.

Live and let Live

Let the argument continue.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
obailala:
Many Nigerians are perpetually bitter, and their opinions should never really be taken seriously by any sensible person. The most difficult man to wake is the one forcefully feigning sleep!

A moment ago, the complaint was that no equipment have been procurred for the military in the last 4 years. The govt then shows some new ground and air military hardware procured, and now the wailing has instantly changed to "US procures equipment without making noise".

Again, Nigerian military has been fighting and killing bokoharam without noise for years, but then Chad suddenly kills 100 bokoharam terrorists and these same Nigerians run into a deranged frenzy carnival, hailing Chad and mocking Nigerian military.

A week later, Nigerian military decides to do what these pathetic fellows want by showing gory pictures of terrorists murdered in battle; and then the same fellows who just hailed Chadian military 2 weeks ago are cursing Nigerian military again saying they're posting battle on social media. Pathetic humans!
People don't care anymore.
Do the damn job.
We have been seeing some crappy millitary equipments and dead bodies every week. I forgot that we also see forgiven and rehabilitated boko haram members too.
Is that what we send u to do?
When America killed Osama, we just heard the news.
When Chad invaded, we just heard the news. Give us the good news instead of trying to justify where the money allocated to your ministry has gone to.

If they are not equal to the task, they should call chad for help afterall they have done the main work for them.
Mtcheew.

I thought u have changed. Seem like all of u who professed they are disappointed in the govt swallowed their words again as soon as abba kyari died.

Eeheeh.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by JAMO84: 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
DMerciful:
This obsolete plane still using world war 2 turbo propeller? Yeye dey smell
Which one did Jogogoro buy?
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

Y’all should keep on celebrating rubbish. Una really deserve the kind of lifestyle an average youth live in this shithole.

Like shutup and stop claiming nonsense online, Nigeria made a very right choice in going for the super tucano, my only problem was the price of the plane

Oh buy the way, go and read about the south African light attack aircraft

ARHLAC abeg
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Miracle1991: 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=afube post=88668508][/quote] the 1billion dollars that was kept in dasuki room where is it? It was shared to political pastors and imams.and other allies
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by GoodGovernance: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wailers beware:

There are fighter jets for different purposes.You buy based on what you need and not what others are buying.

The A-29 is perfect for counterinsurgency.

About the A-29

The A-29 Super Tucano is the gold standard for light attack, combat and reconnaissance aircraft. Built in the U.S. by Sierra Nevada Corporation and its partner, Embraer Defense & Security, the A-29 has been selected by 15 Air Forces worldwide including Afghanistan and Lebanon. The A-29 is a versatile and powerful turboprop aircraft and is known for its rugged and durable design, which allows it to perform operations from unimproved runways and at forward operating bases in austere environments and rugged terrain. The A-29 is the only light attack aircraft in the world with a U.S. Air Force Military Type Certificate.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Miracle1991: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Smilingjoe4:
so since APC and Buhari have taking over nigeria, the country's account have increase abi....say the truth and shame the devil.
Google our reserves now then compare with 2014 reserves.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Brenn594(m): 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
They should actually patronise home made paper gliders...i have been makin those-my newest model is "lockdown19",
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by SEGLIZ: 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
DMerciful:
This obsolete plane still using world war 2 turbo propeller? Yeye dey smell

before spewing trash do your findings.
it's first flight was 1999 and was finally introduced to operation in year 2003.
it is quite disgraceful to declare it a ww2 fighter.
besides it is meant for attack and "counter insurgence fight, which is why Nigeria went for it.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Pabloicardi: 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
You're a mad man
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
The first of 12 A-29 Super Tucano light attack, combat and reconnaissance aircraft

See names Nigeria is giving to this olden days jet.

Our military is designed to maintain Nigeria for our colonial masters.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by RTSC: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Why is Nigeria buying a turbo jet for highly inflated prices.
Obsolete turbo jets.

Why not get the SU-25, if you need weapons in that grade?

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by tete7000(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Pharaoh350s:
Someone said ww2 plane
Even if it's WW1 plane, we are still thankful to Buhari's administration
Am seeing the war against bokoharam ending soon
One step at a time
Before was heavy tanks
Now aircrafts

NA don't have excuse not to defeat bokoboys now

Ask yourself, did Chad need plane to decimate boko haram? Or you didn't read about the feat chadian army achieved recently?
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Farki: 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Biodun556:

I don't think Nigeria need F 22 to fight boko haram. US also use the aircraft to fight the taliban in Afghanistan.

I think they were using it as training and some were delivered to Afghanistan but as not their main anti insurgency aircraft. If Nigeria was buying A-10 Warthogs though I would be jumping for joy.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by obailala(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
sassysure:

People don't care anymore.
Do the damn job.
We have been see if military equipment and dead body every week. I forgot that we also see forgiven nd rehabilitated boko haram members too.
Is that what we send u to do?
When America killed Osama, we just heard the news.
When Chad invaded, we just heard the news. Give us the good news instead of trying to justify where the money allocated to your ministry has gone to.

If they are not equal to the task, they should call chad for help afterall they have done the main work for them.
Mtcheew.

I thought u have changed. Seem like all of u who professed they are disappointed in the govt swallowed their words again as soon as abba kyari died.

Eeheeh.
It's a pity you do not know the difference between genuine criticism and just irrational pointless wailing and nagging; what you and many others here are doing is the latter. You wouldn't see me coming here to hail anybody but I just get irritated when I see meaningless wailing and baseless criticism born out of nothing but deep prejudice. That I say I'm disappointed in the government doesnt automatically mean I should throw away common sense and decency to join the herd mentality of fellows spewing nonsense daily in the guise of criticism... I'm sorry there's nothing honourable about such behaviour.

Nigerian military has been fighting and killing bokoharam for over 8 years now, but Chad military pulls one onslaught and all of sudden, Chad has become US marines that Nigerian army should go and beg for training?

You claim you just want them to just do their job and be quiet. But obviously with your kind of mentality, no matter what they do, no matter how well they do it, you will always pick a fault.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by RTSC: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
Isinweke:

See names Nigeria is giving to this olden days jet.

Our military is designed for maintain Nigeria for our colonial masters.
There is no patriotism, no ambition.

If a former General cannot arm his country to the teeth to rival with South Africa and Egypt, then it's a crying shame.

By now, Nigeria should projecting air and sea power, right up to South Africa and even to the Mediterranean.

I can do better than all these clowns in power.

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by akcliff(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51