Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items (23278 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Foundation International Set To Build New School In Ewu, Edo / Chris Oyakhilome Foundation Builds Free School / Chris Oyakhilome Foundation Provides Assistance After Lagos Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by AnonPoet: 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
The InnerCity Mission for Children, a non-governmental organization under the auspices of the Chris Oyakhilome Foundation International, has donated food items to the Lagos state government to help soften the effects of the compulsory lockdown in the state which has affected many who survive through their daily means of sustenance.

The organization will also help the government in the distribution of the food items, targeting vulnerable children, households, and communities to help them cushion the effects of the government’s stay-at-home directive by government to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Director of Innercity Mission for Children, Mrs. Omoh Alabi, who led the team to present the items to the state government was received by the Commissioner of Agriculture, Gbolahan Lawal and the state’s commissioner for Wealth Creation Hon. (Mrs) Yetunde Arobieke at the Lagos State Agricultural Development Authority office.

According to Mrs. Alabi, the organization decided to support the Lagos state government to cushion the effects of lockdown on Lagosians as the Coronavirus outbreak has affected all areas of human endeavor.

She further said the founder of the InnerCity Mission for Children, Rev. Dr. Chris Oyakhilome is committed to working with the government to ensure that efforts to combat the virus are not made in vain by those who may be driven to the streets as a result of hunger.

In her words, “We deem it necessary, as a faith-based organisation to lend our own support for the laudable efforts of the government to cushion the unsettling effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on many families in Lagos State.

“As a caring organisation we realized that we cannot be indifferent to the plight of many challenged masses of the state. We are trying to stretch out a hand of kindness to those who ordinarily will not have anyone to care for them,” she stated.

“Our goal is to ensure that indigent children and families are safe and fed even as the world fights against Covid19. As we reach out to these needy with food supplies, it is our prayer that soon we will be able to put this behind us and our cities will return back to normal,” she added.

Receiving the relief materials on behalf of the Lagos State Government, the state’s Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Gbolahan Lawal, commended the Innercity Mission for Children for the kind gesture.

Two thousand families are to benefit from the 1st phase of the InnerCity Mission’s emergency food distribution as part of palliatives for the lockdown to prevent spread of the coronavirus. In the end, 20,000 families would have been supported in Lagos alone.

Speaking further, Mrs. Alabi said: “the 2000 families are from 27 inner city communities and 10 vulnerable orphanages in Lagos who have been adversely affected by the recent preventive measures of the lockdown.”

“As we reach out to these needy with food supplies, it is our prayer that soon we will be able to put this behind us and our cities will return back to normal,” she added.

“Our distribution has commenced in earnest in collaboration with Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture to deprived families in communities such as Majindu, Oworo, Makuko, Ajegunle, Iwaya, Haruna, Kosofe communities to mention a few.”

One of the beneficiaries, Mrs. Rose, a mother of three expressed her gratitude as she collected her food parcel.

She said: “I was not expecting food today because I didn’t know how to feed myself and my children, but I thank the Man of God, Pastor Chris and the InnerCity Mission for giving me food. Now I can feed my children.”

The InnerCity Mission for Children was birthed as a vision of the world-renowned Pastor and Philanthropist, Rev. Dr. Chris Oyakhilome DSc DD to take action to meet the needs of indigent children and families. In his words, “The challenge of the poor is not just about their needs; we are equally meeting our own needs. It is in your interest to help the poor. We have a divine responsibility to God, to the Church and the society to reach children in our inner cities.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/covid-19-chris-oyakhilome-foundation-supports-lagos-govt-with-food-items/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by RealSolution001: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seen
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by philiancoop(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lala Time to do what God called you to do

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Samnewspaper01: 4:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Nice1.
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by deri4luv1(m): 4:59am On Apr 21, 2020
I thought they said it's 5G that's killing people and not Corona Virus? So why are they wearing face masks! Nonsense and ingredient

P:S
Christ Embassy members don't quote me, don't be unfortunate please.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by wizzywise(m): 5:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Seen
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by edo3(m): 5:00am On Apr 21, 2020
A
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Suddenly this fake con man cannot perform miracle healings again.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Nice one!

Great man of God.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Nice one from the Church.

This is Commendable.

Rather late than never.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by lebete3000: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
No be 5G again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by jayloms: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Great! I sincerely hope this does not end up cooked.
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by ovieigho(m): 5:02am On Apr 21, 2020
deri4luv1:
I thought they said it's 5G that's killing people and not Corona Virus? So why are they wearing face masks! Nonsense and ingredient

you that you didn't think
what have you done for yourself talkless of people around you...

I thought I thought ....
Tom tom ni

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by tempem: 5:03am On Apr 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Authoreety: 5:03am On Apr 21, 2020
Dem try
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Zigarmy: 5:04am On Apr 21, 2020
That's how it should be.

We can come together and all fight this. This is a period to show love and understanding not arrogance and pride.

We are also supporting Africans during this period and helping them developer strong skills for FREE.

Here is one way we are supporting.

Say goodbye to "Just Ok" Designs. Design better flyers, thumbnails and ad creatives for Facebook, Instagram and more. This class is for Business owners, content creators digital marketers and aspiring designers. Use this COUPON CODE canvafree to access class for FREE. Limited Seats available. Reserve yours now!

Date: 28th April 2020.

Venue: WhatsApp.

Time: 7 pm

See more details of the class below.

access your class details

Remember to use the coupon code canvafree during checkout. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Choski78(m): 5:05am On Apr 21, 2020
That a good jesture from 5g conspiracy theory pastors time to wipe away the big embarrassment you have coursed for your members and reputation!

12 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by ignis: 5:05am On Apr 21, 2020
J
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by makewetalk2: 5:06am On Apr 21, 2020
I see how repressive nairaland is. this is not a platform for free speech. they delete your comment at will. they only want to put out what they want you to know and dwell on. there is nothing different from this and the mainstream. I also notice that Buhari boys and some Muslims are paid to always be on the front page. They either come to denigrate Christians and their comments are not deleted. or they come to attack anyone speaking the truth about buhari. they always favor Buhari and make whatever he does seem okay and acceptable. the Muslims come to malign Christians while sandwiching Islam as a preferred alternative. the moderators will not claim to be unaware. to comment on the Muslim section you have to swear an oath while on the Christian section no one is made to do that. so are the moderators Muslims? is this is a Muslim forum? they should let us know so that the Christians can move on. how is this a forum when free speech is controlled by a set of men who claim to stand on higher moral ground and to have a higher IQ than you? It should have just been okay if they dropped the news and erase the comment section. Nigerians are not monolithic. there are diverse opinions and the mainstream cannot be heard at all times. this is the problem in this country.

Chris tried. so far so good, the Christians have turned out to be the most givers and the most non-biased givers in Nigeria.
Muslims are the richest. they have been in power for decades and controlled all the resources. Dangote is the wealthiest man in Africa. but Dangote is waiting to use the ventilator that Jack Ma donated to Nigeria. that is the same way he waited for Bill Gates to provide a Polio vaccine for his grandchildren and relations.

where are the billions stolen in the north? Ganduje was busy showing his muscles to the emir but he only managed to prepare burial grounds that he called isolation centers.
there is nothing like temporary isolation centers now. People should be put to work to build permanent hospitals in all states. do not keep grown men home. provide temporary shelters for them and let them work in camps to build. they are asking us to mourn Abba Kyari. For what? did he mourn my father? the old man should be thrown in the garbage. the thousands of Nigerians that committed suicide and died of poverty were denied basic welfare because he was busy looting. the money did not save him eventually. he and his family should rather be mourning the death of innocent Nigerians who die on daily bases as a result of their corrupt actions.

the 10 million that tuface donated just went down the toilet. tuface should have known better. acts like a lazy fool sometimes. Tonto Dike, I respect you. She did a million at the right time. Tuface, when you were selling your CD you went to people's homes and they bought them. Now, you are donating 10 Million and you gave it to the same crooks that embezzled our money in the first place. shame on you! what stopped tuface from purchasing the things he wanted to give and taking them to the streets himself? Tonto did not make a noise but we saw action. she did her best. Tuface where is the 10 millions that you promised your fans? they are hungry and fainting.

to Omotola and Genevieve and Funke Akindele, shame on all of you. Funke, Nigerians are hungry and you are holding a party. Funke, I remember when you started and the support you got from Nigerians on the streets. you cannot buy bread for your hungry fans. omotola you day show us yarsh since. give Nigerians food. they are hungry. your social media page has grown. they are mostly Nigerians supporting you. you cannot lend a voice. you said nothing on your page. omotola has done nothing to support the average Nigerian on the streets. Stella Damascus has voiced out her pains so many times. simple giving we no see.

when Christians share gifts, they give to both Muslims and traditionalists and Christians. but all the Muslims give only in the mosque. if you are not Muslim, you get nothing. is that truly a religion of love? yet they attack.
all the giving Dangote gave was only in the north. they want to make sure that southerners and easterners do not benefit from single giving.

even in this time of emergency, the evil in the hearts of all these people thrive.

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Nobody: 5:06am On Apr 21, 2020
Na so e suppose be. Hope he is also doing something for some of his church members who are feeling the heat hard too. Remember they pay their tithe?

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by ignis: 5:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Christians are always representing and will never cease to represent.
No wonder, the phrase "as poor as the church rat" have been replaced with "as fat as the church rat".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Wawelexy(m): 5:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Rosarie(f): 5:09am On Apr 21, 2020
God bless all givers irrespective of any body's view about them during these times
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Graysons: 5:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Suddenly this fake con man cannot perform miracle healings again.

he's busy giving us fake theories up and down grin grin

10 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by BlueRayDick: 5:10am On Apr 21, 2020
So they've realized it's COVID-19 that necessitated the lockdown and not some 5G antenna installation/ testing as earlier claimed by the pastor grin

Good!

I hope he has sacked whoever helped him get all those chart and graphs he was using to buttress the conspiracy theory in that video too.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Hoodbilonia: 5:11am On Apr 21, 2020
You are a thief and a scammer
I have being doing btc biz for long
And there is no way uncan earn 3 times fsster on btc
You bastatd scammer
Continue creating new monickers
Bastard ponzi scammer
I am tracing you to get u killed
casakina:
MAKE #12000 WEEKLY
(ONLINE FREE MONEY)
PROMO : EARN 3 TIMES FASTER!

To get started, you need 3 steps.

#1 Create an account
Check my signature
This is where you make money by verifying(ticking √) captcha hourly.

#2 Bitcoin. info
This is where your online earnings are withdrawn to.

#3 Instantcoins. ng
This is where your bitcoins are converted to cash and Sent to your bank account.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Hoodbilonia: 5:12am On Apr 21, 2020
God punish u bastard scammer
Wawelexy:
Someone should please help a bro, so frustrated and desperate right now as this hunger is ripping my Tommy off... Can't steal tho, but hv been reaching out for help from people around me, but they kept giving excuses.... One can never know the definition of hunger until one is starving... 0126462778 GTB. God bless any helper as he/she reaches out to me

Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by omoakoraye: 5:14am On Apr 21, 2020
That's good. I swear this is what the remaining Nigerian pastors supposento be doing for the nation, instaed they keep on defining a means to collect tithe from the locked down member, and i believe that even if the pastor has somethig to depend on he won't do to that extent of collecting the fee from them at this period of the time, as a member also don't just be paying tithe without you working, kindly log unto CHURCHES>>> where you can invest that money of yours and still gain reward for it. I so much love thus foundation because they have stand for Nigerians in the time of their need and i know that God almighty will also stand by them. And to those onesnthat keep collecting from their church memeber please stop it, these people are not earning anything for now.
Re: COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items by Hoodbilonia: 5:15am On Apr 21, 2020
Hez a scammer
He knows lockdown wud be scrapped if not by weekend. So dat on sunday service he will play this tape to lure unsuspecting victims to part with their hard earned money.
U load up a truck filled with 5 indomie satchets,2 congo of rice 2 congo of beans,3 onions and 1 vegetable oil,sugar,groundnut. Add foam inside make e for gather space and weight like say na better package inside one rubber bag nylon.
Total 2k
Total amount spent on the dumb project.lets say 150k.
Offering returns. 50million.
Thief

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / 50 Powerful Prayer To Overcome Having Sex In The Dream / Pastor Impregnates 2 Sisters In Delta After ‘Fake Deliverance’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.