Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch (2104 Views)

How To Translate From English To Edo Language Without Mistakes / What Language Is Spoken Often In Your Family? / Please I Need Help From Anybody Who Understands Edo Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:
To be honest, I really don't know how to speak Benin...

I stayed in Benin for 4 years with my aunt and step grandma and I had an idea of the language

My cousin who I stay with in school doesn't speak it to me regularly

The only ones my Dad taught me was "Wa re asan" and that was a long time ago grin

Anytime I go to my uncle's house, I go dey shame because they speak to me with Benin but I just have to nod head like a lizard to pretend as if I understand cheesy

I earnestly hope there is a program to help the young ones speak the language

I love the language and want to speak but no one to teach... Now no time to learn because of school

Its best to notify all those big Benin FB groups so that they can start sensitisation campaigns

"I earnestly hope there is a program to help the young ones speak the language"

this is my point of direction

visiting the palace during Oba Ewuare 11 early coming open my eyes to many things

as for me I will say am 75 _ 80 % good with the language even when I was visiting the palace regularly

this campaign you talk about is my best option and can even see us to fame after full consultation

it doesn't matter if you know how to speak it or not as long as am at least good with it and maybe some other people that may show interest

gregyboy it's possible all you need to do is try to observe my approach

nothing is impossible

there are millions like us who want this same thing but don't know how to start
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:
I believe if we organise quizzes, debates that would be done in Benin language with an exciting prize... People will encourage their children to be fluent in the language to win

also an excellent ideal

we can't continue only on web we need to go to the ground and consultation made

this will even give more advantage to who want to study the palace
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

also an excellent ideal

we can't continue only on web we need to go to the ground and consultation made

this will even give more advantage to who want to study the palace

Yeah... Most people are not on nairaland to see the campaign..

This FB group "Great Benin emancipation" has a huge number of Benin people from all walks of life

I believe telling the moderator(I've forgotten his name) will enhance the sensitisation Esp as he also wants to make Benin great
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

"I earnestly hope there is a program to help the young ones speak the language"

this is my point of direction

visiting the palace during Oba Ewuare 11 early coming open my eyes to many things

as for me I will say am 75 _ 80 % good with the language even when I was visiting the palace regularly

this campaign you talk about is my best option and can even see us to fame after full consultation

it doesn't matter if you know how to speak it or not as long as am at least good with it and maybe some other people that may show interest

gregyboy it's possible all you need to do is try to observe my approach

nothing is impossible

there are millions like us who want this same thing but don't know how to start

Do they allow anyone to enter the palace..

My friend(who is Esan) believes they won't allow him because of his tribe
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Yeah... Most people are not on nairaland to see the campaign..

This FB group "Great Benin emancipation" has a huge number of Benin people from all walks of life

I believe telling the moderator(I've forgotten his name) will enhance the sensitisation Esp as he also wants to make Benin great

great Benin descendants (GBD). is the one I know about

but I think we have long pass the stage where we will just hold program once in a life time and after that the people return to their normal English life

it have to be inculcated not to this generation but the next which is the target
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Do they allow anyone to enter the palace..

My friend(who is Esan) believes they won't allow him because of his tribe

is Esan not part of the larger family ?

if for example we are to go we have to book space

you understand its a very high place
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

is Esan not part of the larger family ?

if for example we are to go we have to book space

you understand its a very high place

I don't mean to see the Oba ooo

I meant for sight seeing
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

great Benin descendants (GBD). is the one I know about

but I think we have long pass the stage where we will just hold program once in a life time and after that the people return to their normal English life

it have to be inculcated not to this generation but the next which is the target

We could make the program annually... We'll need sponsors from all Benin persons in diaspora

I'm sure 70% of them will be glad to support the program

Apart from that, primary schools should encourage students to recite poems in the language

No school should ban the use of Benin language in its environment
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:

I don't mean to see the Oba ooo
I meant for sight seeing

you must have a clear reason for coming

the last time I went there It was a ceremonial period

so everyone was allowed in
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:

We could make the program annually... We'll need sponsors from all Benin persons in diaspora

I'm sure 70% of them will be glad to support the program

Apart from that, primary schools should encourage students to recite poems in the language

No school should ban the use of Benin language in its environment

I don't think any edo in diaspora will have reason not to support the move when its properly establish

my problem now are fellow Edo's on nairaland who dont show interest even when they love the tribe

coming together can be a first step

weather Edo Esan Ora etc
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

you must have a clear reason for coming

the last time I went there It was a ceremonial period

so everyone was allowed in

Ohh thanks
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

I don't think any edo in diaspora will have reason not to support the move when its properly establish

my problem now are fellow Edo's on nairaland who dont show interest even when they love the tribe

coming together can be a first step

weather Edo Esan Ora etc

Well we'll have to rally them together to show that we are serious...

If people see that the program is successful, they'll also want to take part in it

Also the prize money there is to entice people to the competition...

If it's just a random something...no one would do.it
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Well we'll have to rally them together to show that we are serious...

If people see that the program is successful, they'll also want to take part in it

Also the prize money there is to entice people to the competition...

If it's just a random something...no one would do.it

how do you want to gather them
gregyboy you have to be part of this if you really love your tribe

I think you can be a great point to gather them together

but my problem is that people who claim to love the tribe will find a way to run away when the time to grow appear
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
Etrusen:

but my problem is that people who claim to love the tribe will find a way to run away when the time to grow appear

I will be available only if there is proper funding...

I will also drop hint on how to go about this so we can atlesst have 50 percent success at first try
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2021
gregyboy:

I will be available only if there is proper funding...

I will also drop hint on how to go about this so we can atlesst have 50 percent success at first try

calling people together will be the biggest problem
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etinosa1234: 12:54am On Apr 27, 2021
Etrusen:

i dont think it will be easy to gather them from the scratch

The best thing is to meet those benin group moderators and liase with them

or better still make a post abt how the benin language is dying and ur solutions to it

Majority of the members might welcome the idea or even give better ones sef
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 3:40am On Apr 27, 2021
Etinosa1234:

i dont think it will be easy to gather them from the scratch

The best thing is to meet those benin group moderators and liase with them

or better still make a post abt how the benin language is dying and ur solutions to it

Majority of the members might welcome the idea or even give better ones sef

yea
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 6:46pm On May 09, 2021
Etrusen:
gregyboy this trend is a very good one but I wonder why it ended up so quick

this is what we suppose to focus on not wasting time with brainless cross dresser

Edeyong

Areafada2

valirex

Etinosa1234

this trend could be use to reach out to others on this particular issue

Ekpene gbo mwan amu gboto amana saba zevbuomwan

we could use this as a clarion call to all a sundry till interest is found

it will be shameful if this trend die like this

I have a vow since I was little that even if am in abroad with my kids, they will still know how to speak this our language

this trend must not die

Bros ituowẹ, e'valirex nakhin, oghan Ẹdo kpọ vbẹ nairaland. I kiẹ accountina runda ẹ mod ban mwẹn valirex

Emwanta rọ ẹmwẹn nu ta na, e threadina ma ẹ ghiẹ wu
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 6:54pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Bros ituowẹ, e'valirex nakhin, oghan Ẹdo kpọ vbẹ nairaland. I kiẹ accountina runda ẹ mod ban mwẹn valirex

Wow serious have they unban you
Now, how msny months ban were you
Given
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
gregyboy:

Wow serious have they unban you
Now, how msny months ban were you
Given

Till July
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 7:22pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Till July

. Jeez how many months were you given
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 7:23pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Aha we my broda vbetinosalobua
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 7:54pm On May 09, 2021
gregyboy:

. Jeez how many months were you given

Uzọl'ene
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Uzọl'ene

Jeez four months, what did you do bro

You kill i person if never got such month of banned before
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 8:07pm On May 09, 2021
gregyboy:

Jeez four months, what did you do bro

You kill i person if never got such month of banned before

Emwin ni ta na nọ na, ogahian Ẹdo kpọ vbẹ nairaland
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Emwin ni ta na nọ na, ogahian Ẹdo kpọ vbẹ nairaland

Ana wa banned uwe vbe 4 months

Unawa give up e rhieoor uma khie account orvbe since then
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 8:27pm On May 09, 2021
gregyboy:

Ana wa banned uwe vbe 4 months

Unawa give up e rhieoor uma khie account orvbe since then

Ọtemwen ima give up, sọkpan imwen ẹmwẹn ni ya muladian azẹ kpẹ. Runda wẹ otọ Ẹdo, must be Soveriegn.

Ghẹ: ẹ gbẹn ẹmwẹn na ye'bo
Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by Etrusen(m): 8:37pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Ok obokhian oten o ghan

1 Like

Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by EdoDefence: 8:42pm On May 09, 2021
Etrusen:

Ok obokhian oten o ghan

Uruẹse

1 Like

Re: The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch by gregyboy(m): 9:11pm On May 09, 2021
EdoDefence:

Ọtemwen ima give up, sọkpan imwen ẹmwẹn ni ya muladian azẹ kpẹ. Runda wẹ otọ Ẹdo, must be Soveriegn.

Ghẹ: ẹ gbẹn ẹmwẹn na ye'bo

Ehon

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think It Means To Be African / An Appeal To Nigerians In The Diaspora / Ijaw Izon!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.