Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? (2872 Views)

How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / 4 Reasons Why Shy Ladies Make Best Wives / Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lalasticlala, can this get to the promise land, please?
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
How many men can do this? 90 percent of account droppers here are guys so what's ur point. Keep on rubbing shoulders with ladies o
If your boyfriend can't do it, it's not my fault.

If you had a life, you would have realized the world is much bigger than Nairaland and who is/is not dropping account numbers in it.

5 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

If you had a life, you would have realized the world is much bigger than Nairaland and who is/is not dropping account numbers on it.

Savagery at its peak... grin

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

Lol.. I taya for some of these chics wey full NL. grin

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

If you had a life, you would have realized the world is much bigger than Nairaland and who is/is not dropping account numbers on it.
Continue with ur senseless hate. Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

I don't see the savagery. Dude may b domestic struggling to manage one pack of noodle but be forming jagaban here

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Continue with ur senseless hate. Mtcheeew
And you should leave me alone to my hate. Double mtcheeeeew grin

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I don't see the savagery. Dude may b domestic struggling to manage one pack of noodle but be forming jagaban here
In your dreams cheesy

If you want to know me, just say you want to know me...with abeg.
E no dey hard.

5 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by cococandy(f): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
kiss
Mariangeles:
Most men are intimidated by very intelligent women.

You see most nairaland males write about how dumb most females are with words poorly put together, you can barely make out anything, and you begin to think to yourself "the nerve...the audacity...by what standard does this simpleton measure intelligence? His?" undecided
The truth is men are more comfortable with a woman less intelligent than them to make them feel important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by cococandy(f): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
How many men can do this? 90 percent of account droppers here are guys.
grin

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by cococandy(f): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
@topic . Intelligence doesn’t guarantee a good spouse. Male or female.

It depends on what the person in question is looking for. That is their definition of a good wife. An unintelligent woman might meet the criteria more than the intelligent one based on what the man wants.

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
MMotimo:
I don’t know that they necessarily make the best wives (everyone has their faults) but I can tell you that they can make your life easier in many ways. They can plan, they can offer advice, they are resourceful, they are able to do all kinds of different things for the good of their family. Even in this pandemic, a lot of such women are at the forefront of tackling how their families will survive by managing resources and keeping the home running as smoothly as is possible in the midst of a global plague.

Whenever challenges come, an intelligent woman by your side is truly “half the burden shared” because you know there are 2 heads working for a sound solution versus only you.

Not so intelligent women make good wives too, as long as the husband has enough intelligence to compensate for the wife’s inadequacy and as long as such women are aware of their limits and don’t destroy everything by insisting on making decisions they are not equipped to make.

I want to ask...would you say the same about the men or would they rather not marry a woman with more intelligence?

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by cococandy(f): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

I want to ask...would you say the same about the men or would they rather not marry a woman with more intelligence?
For me, I would say the same about a man.
He doesn’t have to be intelligent or smart. And as long as he’s not the head strong type who will fight to be in charge of things that he’s less capable of handling compared to his wife, I don’t see why they can’t be happy.

4 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:
Most men are intimidated by very intelligent women.

You see most nairaland males write about how dumb most females are with words poorly put together, you can barely make out anything, and you begin to think to yourself "the nerve...the audacity...by what standard does this simpleton measure intelligence? His?" undecided
The truth is men are more comfortable with a woman less intelligent than them to make them feel important.

Hehehehe Marie cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
cococandy:

It depends on what the person in question is looking for. That is their definition of a good wife. An unintelligent woman might meet the criteria more than the intelligent one based on what the man wants.

This is just it.

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
cococandy:

For me, I would say the same about a man.
He doesn’t have to be intelligent or smart. And as long as he’s not the head strong type who will fight to be in charge of things that he’s less capable of handling compared to his wife, I don’t see why they can’t be happy.

And lose their manliness ? You'd have to kill them first grin

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by cococandy(f): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

And lose their manliness ? You'd have to kill them first grin
Life shouldn’t be that hard. But unfortunately it is for some folks.

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
cococandy:

Life shouldn’t be that hard. But unfortunately it is for some folks.

Exactly.
With understanding and mutual respect, everything goes smoothly.
Not when one partner makes the other feel less because he/she believes he/she knows more and make the other feel insignificant, like their opinion does not matter at all.

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ibkayee(f): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
‘Best’ wife is very subjective, different people look for different things in their partners, your personal criteria/checklist may not apply to others. On the topic of your checklist, bear in mind that the fact that your partner is intelligent doesn’t necessarily guarantee that the intelligence itself will be put to use on any of the things you listed, (funnily enough, you mentioned that it's easier to 'get the intelligent ladies to reason along with you', I would've thought they'd be more likely to challenge things? But who knows...). I think you’re assuming being intelligent will automatically come with certain things, and it may end up leaving you disappointed because things aren't always that straightforward.

Also, if you’re looking for an intelligent wife make sure you’re on the same level as her at the very least, lest you start feeling threatened, and we all know a lot of men aren't fans of that part of being with an 'intelligent' woman.

4 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
ibkayee:
‘Best’ wife is very subjective, different people look for different things in their partners, your personal criteria/checklist may not apply to others. On the topic of your checklist, bear in mind that the fact that your partner is intelligent doesn’t necessarily guarantee that the intelligence itself will be put to use on any of the things you listed, (funnily enough, you mentioned that it's easier to 'get the intelligent ladies to reason along with you', I would've thought they'd be more likely to challenge things? But who knows...). I think you’re assuming being intelligent will automatically come with certain things, and it may end up leaving you disappointed because things aren't always that straightforward.

Also, if you’re looking for an intelligent wife make sure you’re on the same level as her at the very least, lest you start feeling threatened, and we all know a lot of men aren't fans of that part of being with an 'intelligent' woman.

Apt and concise...
On this, "bear in mind that the fact that your partner is intelligent doesn’t necessarily guarantee that the intelligence itself will be put to use on any of the things you listed". I agree with it and I've learnt through comments from crackkhaus and LordKO that Selflessness and Reasonableness/Conscientiousness should come before intelligence as priorities. And that there is a high chance that ladies possessing any/both of these characters make better wives. And I understand there is no one size fits all. Thanks for the contributions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2020
ERCROSS:

Apt and concise...
On this, "bear in mind that the fact that your partner is intelligent doesn’t necessarily guarantee that the intelligence itself will be put to use on any of the things you listed". I agree with it and I've learnt through comments from crackkhaus and Lord.KO that Selflessness and Reasonableness/Conscientiousness should come before intelligence as priorities. And that there is a high chance that ladies possessing any/both of these characters make better wives. And I understand there is no one size fits all. Thanks for the contributions
Cheers bruv...
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by IAMBlesssed(f): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Interesting topic..
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by IAMBlesssed(f): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2020
cococandy:

True..
Some prefer fine face/sexy body/ timidity etc to intelligence..
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by LordKO(m): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2020
Mariangeles:

You're not only reasonable, you're objective, fair and wise grin
Can I follow you? cheesy

Lol, thanks. To your question, of course.

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by MMotimo: 1:16am On Apr 23, 2020
Mariangeles:

If the sexes were reversed, I would say the same. The reality is that it is unlikely one person has the intelligence for everything that makes for a sound marriage so there has to be tolerance for individual limits.

I don’t have much personal experience with men who are uncomfortable with a woman’s intelligence so I’m not sure what that demographic would do but safe to guess they would avoid women who have a level of intelligence that makes them feel insecure.

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by MMotimo: 1:18am On Apr 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Can they also make their own money enough to take themselves on vacation or spoil themselves with luxury?

I can’t relate with “make their own money “ because all day, everyday, now and forever, my marriage runs on “our money.”
Unless you are talking about singles which would be another topic?

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by MMotimo: 1:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2020
MMotimo:

I can’t relate with “make their own money “ because all day, everyday, now and forever, my marriage runs on “our money.”
[s]Unless you are talking about singles which would be another topic?[/s]
Lol, does one have to relate with something before providing some kind of thought-out non-defensive answer? cheesy
Marriages world-over are much more complicated/bigger than what happens in just your own marriage...even within your extended family, it's different.

@bold, okay then... you're that type grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by fredopareto(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2020
ERCROSS:
Greetings to the elders in the house, I mean the married folks ooo. If you ain't married, oya join the queue.

I'm naturally attracted to intelligent ladies. In fact, it's a priority for me when it's time to choose a life partner partly because I'm sapiosexual and because I kinda believe intelligent women would make the best wives.

If you don't know what sapiosexual means, read https://thoughtcatalog.com/january-nelson/2018/05/12-signs-you-are-a-sapiosexual-someone-who-is-physically-and-mentally-turned-on-by-smart-people

Now, back to the matter. From my experience, intelligence should be everything a man wants in a woman. Well, asides beauty cha. As ah no fine, my wife ghas give our children hope naa.
I found out that it's easier to get the intelligent ladies to reason along with you, plan your life with you, contribute to your life meaningfully. They barely have this female entitlement mindset. I don't even know how to put all my experiences into words.

Mind you, being brilliant is different from being intelligent. I would like to learn from the married and unmarried folks, your experience with an intelligent lady either as your girlfriend or wife and your opinion on if they make the best wives.
forget intelligence wen d real test come intelligence will disappeared, den u no d real value of her..jst few can withstand

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Spechialone(f): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
fredopareto:
forget intelligence wen d real test come intelligence will disappeared, den u no d real value of her..jst few can withstand

Well said...

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Place To Raise A Child :Nigeria Or Abroad? / How On Gods Green Earth Do I Serve Divorce Papers To My Nigerian Husband Legally / I'm Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.