Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Ceased Menstruation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ceased Menstruation (2920 Views)

Irregular/ceased Menstruation: How To Get Your Menses Back / Irregular/ceased Menstruation: How To Get Your Menses Back / No Menstruation 6 Months After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ceased Menstruation by slimtoney(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
She had D& C , she bled lightly for weeks.The bleeding has since stopped but for over 3 months now her flow has stopped altogether.
Pls advise as this has become worrisome.
Re: Ceased Menstruation by HTownEve(f): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
This one pass Nairaland o.  Please take her to the Docitaaar.  cool
Re: Ceased Menstruation by thweraja10: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2011
The menses stopped so that you wont have to go back and do D and C again. Keep on flexing joooor

Actually i was just passing by,

Ok lemme drop a word of advice go meet the man that did the D and C for her
Re: Ceased Menstruation by HTownEve(f): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ sonia6968

Visa kor, visa ni?  To go see the docitaarrr?

Gerrrrrrrouuuut of this thread jor.  grin
Re: Ceased Menstruation by Eveoeve(f): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
Whos is 'she' and why did she have to do a D and C.
Anyway i think she should go back and see a doctor.

http://naturekay..com
Re: Ceased Menstruation by sms4health: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2011
In my opinion, the person that did the D&C was probably aggressive. He scraped too much and when healing is over, the wall of the uterus fuse together in a condition called Asherman's syndrome.

She needs to see a [b]Gynaecologist [/b]to make a diagnosis. If this is confirmed, fertility will be affected and has to be properly managed.

Best of luck
Re: Ceased Menstruation by henriettao: 4:34am On Feb 06, 2011
Let her go for a scan. it's as cheap as 700 naira. I suspect there may be some remains of the preganancy left in her uterus, thus blocking free flow of menstration. In this case she will have to go for evacuation. Also Vagina infections may delay the menstration. It is wiser to see a doctor now before it's too late.
Re: Ceased Menstruation by emans(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2011
I agree wit sms4health, its likely to b overscraping, take her to see a doctor
Re: Ceased Menstruation by ceasyc(f): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2011
hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 14th/15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance
Re: Ceased Menstruation by koolchicco: 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2011
she said she has not had sex in over 3 years,
shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Ceased Menstruation by ceasyc(f): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^so? u never heard of something like that b4?
anyhoo koolchicco is that the answer to d questions?
Re: Ceased Menstruation by koolchicco: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
Neffa effa have I heard of such thing. undecided

And how can I possibly know the answer to ur question when I can hardly celibate for a week? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Ceased Menstruation by ceasyc(f): 3:31am On Feb 11, 2011
koolchicco:

Neffa effa have I heard of such thing. undecided

And how can I possibly know the answer to your question when I can hardly celibate for a week? lipsrsealed tongue

lwkmd @d highlighted = u r a joker

STOP STALKING ME OH
[b]koolchicco[/b]ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Ceased Menstruation by kenpaam: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2011
The OP should go and see a doctor.
Re: Ceased Menstruation by koolchicco: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2011
ceasyc:

lwkmd @d highlighted = u r a joker

STOP STALKING ME OH
[b]koolchicco[/b]ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

grin grin angry
Re: Ceased Menstruation by ceasyc(f): 4:05am On Feb 19, 2011
ceasyc:

hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 14th/15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance

NO REPLY OR SUGGESTIONS STILL
Re: Ceased Menstruation by koolchicco: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2011
angry undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Is Sports Massage? / Inside A Boyfriends Mind / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Have Body Odor And Treatments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.