Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (48295 Views)

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Avalancheman: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
The coronavirus may have been in Nigeria since January. Returnees from abroad brought the deadly "Tokunbo" version.

But thank God, for the over 3 months the virus has been in the country, we have only recorded 23 deaths.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! smiley
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by maklelemakukula(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexiestharam:
I said it before and some peeps were bashing me. Coronavirus has been in Nigeria at least since January.
I also believe covid19 has been in Nigeria before February, but this news doesn't necessarily justify it, there is a higher possibility of the man being infected in Nigeria than having brought it to Nigeria and lived with it for over 100 days.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by slivertongue: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
There's a whole lot of people going home,
By the signs of time it won't be long,
In the twinkling of an eye we'll all be gone,
There's a whole lot of people going home..

Chose the home, u wanna go by whom you decide to live for..

I have decided to Live and die In JESUS CHRIST

Matthew 24:7

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by maasoap(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
virginboy1:
300 plus cases in Lagos is not what is paining me alone, but the fact that I have been locked indoors for over 4 weeks just because I want to stop the spread and yet the numbers keep increasing cry

It means that people who already had it before the lockdown are just being discovered through sickness or tests.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Jarus(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
virginboy1:
The way Kano just came from relegation enter top four still baffles me... shocked anyway, Lagos State is still on top of the table, trying to cry..make this pandemic do end...we tired of the figures... angry

I don’t understand you people again

When there is high number, you say they padded the number to collect money.

Now, they say there is no case in a day, you still said they are lying.

By the way, yesterday was not the first day that there was no new confirmed case in Lagos. On the day I was tested, 6 April, there was no case of positive.

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by loswhite(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
frankputer:
hmmm,
no new case in Lagos. i smell lies.
trying to protecting Lagos image, it's better we know what ahead of us than to do seek and hide.
NewYork did not hide anything.
today there curve is flattening and they are thinking of reopening of economy.

please tell us the real situation.
is there anything they will say that you will not call lies? If they say 10000 new cases you will say lies they want to steal money, if they say no case you will still say lies... which Kind human being Una bi?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

where have you been sir?
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Investmentfreak:
If the world is coming to an end please let’s us know

Why??! Because of Corona??!... Malaria alone took out millions in the last decade, and consistently kills at least a thousand per quarter in Africa alone, yet the world hasn't ended...

Corona virus takes out less than 30 in 2 months (probably far less), and suddenly the world is about to end??!... This lock down needs to end. Many of you are allowing idleness get to you!!! Smh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by seedorfg(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
January, April which one exactly

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:
So this means Coronavirus had been with us since January 2020 or what?

So you mean, it took 3 months or more before he showed deadly symptoms or what? I thought it takes just 2 weeks to show deadly symptoms.

It's obvious he got infected in Nigeria, likely March or early April.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Iamtoowise: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

No, you will resurrect just like your Father, Jesus.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by ionsman: 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:

Even India as a Country had it’s first Covid19 case on the 30th of January. Obviously he contracted it here.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Harietgold91(f): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Does it mean this corona virus has been in our country since January?[color=#990000][/color] shocked cool
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Princewell2012(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:

Since it has been in China since December, there is possibility that our business men might have brought it along without knowing. Very pathetic.

May God deliver us from this pandemic.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Kennydoc(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
By telling us he returned from India in January, are they insinuating he got it from that travel? There's no way someone would get COVID-19 in January and die in April. It's impossible. The man simply got it in Lagos couple of days or a few weeks ago, just like every other Lagosian who has been infected recently without any travel history. There's already community transmission in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by tiwasiaife(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
I have come to notice that those who contracted this virus firsthand from abroad tend not to survive it than secondary contacts.
amongst the deaths we recorded are mostly those who contracted it from abroad.
it seem that the more it spread the weaker it becomes due to the Climatic differences .
From a herbal Geologist!
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Kennydoc(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
ionsman:

Even India as a Country had it’s first Covid19 case on the 30th of January. Obviously he contracted it here.

He contracted it there and died after 3 months? That CAN'T be COVID-19.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by AsawanaDgreat: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
The man didn't, report himself on time to NCDC
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Motivational324: 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
‪See why founding fathers fails to hold Nigerian Unity from the beginning ‬
‪Roots of corruption in Nigeria �� ‬
‪♻️☀️��‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHVEwlqFYg
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:

I think you are correct, but how come he is Just dying now? Almost 3 months later
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Righteousness89(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Christthesaviour:
where have you been sir?

I was given a suspension
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by WiseStarr(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
I hope he didn't spread thr disease before he dies,if he did, wahala wa niyen
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by makjo900: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

Why are spamming every thread with your useless and powerless jesus christ that died like a chicken.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
So it took the virus 3-4 months to kill the man? I no understand
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Aflix(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
The person got the virus here in Nigeria. I don't think the virus can last up to 3 months in the body and moreover India did not have any case of covid 19 in January

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by onadana: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Exactly
Your boy friend must be a real niggarrr

Even the Coro shit originated from Italy around August/ September last year
The world is just accusing Wuhan

Support your arguments with facts.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Vulcan24(m): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
IamPlato:
Be Careful what you say so you dont foolishly contradict yourself.

you told us the first case was an italian man but here you are saying somebody who return from india since january has the virus.

Una Think Say Una Smart Abi

Follow Me On Twitter @kingplato007 lets Take Back This Country.

an Indian man who return from Nigeria or a Nigerian man who returned from India

whichever one no consign me.

immediately US open, sokoto labulabu should tell albino to close yaba
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by realstars: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
The Total Number Was 666 Not 665 As Reported. Add The Ductor From Aks.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by solreb: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
We just lost one of church ministers in PH. He was in church on Sunday. Got a call around 3 am to pray because he was having breathing problems and was being rushed to Teaching Hospital. By 7 am he had died and they would not accept his body at the morgue. They asked for us to call NCDC first. I just hope it was not Coronavirus as he was okay in church 3 days ago.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by duality(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
frankputer:
hmmm,
no new case in Lagos. i smell lies.
trying to protecting Lagos image, it's better we know what ahead of us than to do seek and hide.
NewYork did not hide anything.
today there curve is flattening and they are thinking of reopening of economy.

please tell us the real situation.

The real situation is , no new case. Period!
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by anambraamaka: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria / Why Men Suffer Erectile Dysfunction, Low Sex Drive As They Age – Experts / What Can He Use For This Skin Problem? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.