Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (48472 Views)

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA (2) (3) (4)

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by samcus(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
I know of an India man that died yesterday evening around orile iganmu and his wife was tested positive of d virus,Note he doesn’t have any traveling history dis year Nd Lagos state government have not added this to their list up till now *nigeria my country*what do I know self than we are in real deep shit now

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by sowilli: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
The expression on these men’s faces means something serious is going on. Let’s stay home guys. It’s for own good.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by kristo123: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
That man contacted the virus in Nigeria within the last 14 days... He returned from India in January and this is April. Coronavirus don't take that long to manifest.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by sowilli: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
maklelemakukula:
I also believe covid19 has been in Nigeria before February, but this news doesn't necessarily justify it, there is a higher possibility of the man being infected in Nigeria than having brought it to Nigeria and lived with it for over 100 days.
the strange thing about this illness is one can recover and develop symptoms later or die from another disease almost immediately after recovery.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by proffemi: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:
So this means Coronavirus had been with us since January 2020 or what?
I don't know if coro has been with us since January, but this guy very likely caught his coro right here in Lagos.

The disease runs its course over a few weeks, so it's unlikely he just died from an infection which he imported in January. Well, I suppose it's possible that he battled with complications from imported coro for close to three months, but then, I'm not sure we cay say coro killed him...
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by sowilli: 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Neoteny7:

The world has survived worse pandemics, including the black death and Spanish flu. It's also survived asteroids, meteors, wars, and famine.

the world was more cautious, paid more attention to instructions, was less connected, had less will power and freedom like they have today. Just see how some people are condemning the stay at home order. When it was what worked for Chinese even if we claim they have vaccine.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by GloriaNinja(f): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Blaqbeckham23:
So we have many foreigners like this
I will appreciate any help you can render to me this period. No matter how small.. Will appreciate. Even if na 1k. Acct num 0097851612, Access /diamond bank
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Modsfav: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
nawao, Oluwa heal our land, we cant take it anymore
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by CodeTemplar: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:
Very possible.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
ogododo:
I de argue with a friend say this thing don tey for Naija before discovery.

Una no dey read?
He returned from India in january.
Ofcos he got the virus in nigeria. Not in india
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:

Una no dey read?
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
proffemi:

I don't know if coro has been with us since January, but this guy very likely caught his coro right here in Lagos.

The disease runs its course over a few weeks, so it's unlikely he just died from an infection which he imported in January. Well, I suppose it's possible that he battled with complications from imported coro for close to three months, but then, I'm not sure we cay say coro killed him...

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by kadiri3(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
lie lie story dat Italian man is the first corona case in nigeria
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by oodua1stson: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Every death keeps getting added to Corona stats. How can someone who has been in Nigeria since February get the virus from India.

Stupid people
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Iheanyi30(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Those that mean that this virus has been in the country since January
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

I was given a suspension
ok,welcome back.but why?
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
sowilli:
the world was more cautious, paid more attention to instructions, was less connected, had less will power and freedom like they have today. Just see how some people are condemning the stay at home order. When it was what worked for Chinese even if we claim they have vaccine.

Actually the world was less scientifically advanced in terms of medicine and technology, and also way less hygienic.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Righteousness89(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Christthesaviour:
ok,welcome back.but why?
I don't really know my Brother..

It says I used a word I was not supposed to use..
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
virginboy1:
300 plus cases in Lagos is not what is paining me alone, but the fact that I have been locked indoors for over 4 weeks just because I want to stop the spread and yet the numbers keep increasing cry

Not everyone is as committed or chooses to be as informed as you! smiley

No matter the effort responsible individuals put into trying to curtail the spread of this virus, there’s always some ignorant and stubborn fools that will help to undo the gains made!

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Iheanyi30(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
It is well
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by marvelli(f): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
bigtt76:
I suspect it's been here since December when the Asian returnees returned to celebrate Christmas.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Investmentfreak: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you sir, let’s all be hopeful sha, the earth survived until the flood came, what if this is the new flood?
Neoteny7:

The world has survived worse pandemics, including the black death and Spanish flu. It's also survived asteroids, meteors, wars, and famine.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Investmentfreak: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you, the lockdown is another virus on another level
Angelfrost:

Why??! Because of Corona??!... Malaria alone took out millions in the last decade, and consistently kills at least a thousand per quarter in Africa alone, yet the world hasn't ended...

Corona virus takes out less than 30 in 2 months (probably far less), and suddenly the world is about to end??!... This lock down needs to end. Many of you are allowing idleness get to you!!! Smh!!!
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't really know my Brother..

It says I used a word I was not supposed to use..
thank GOD you're back,that is all that matters now.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Neoteny7: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Investmentfreak:
Thank you sir, let’s all be hopeful sha, the earth survived until the flood came, what if this is the new flood?

I won't touch the flood issue since there's no empirical evidence it ever happened, and the logic of it defies reason, it's a matter of faith so I'll leave it at that.

Nonetheless, I'm optimistic we'll get over this. Syphilis was once incurable, the bubonic plague almost killed mankind, even if the pathogen still exists today, HIV is now a mere inconvenience.

We'll pull through.

I just hope mankind's learned a lesson from this: the greatest danger in the world is a tiny speck of almost invisible fragment of DNA encased in protein, a vicious parasite whose sole purpose is to cause harm.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by infogeneral: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lagos, from 70 cases the previous day to 0 case. Something is not just right!
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by sowilli: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Neoteny7:

Actually the world was less scientifically advanced in terms of medicine and technology, and also way less hygienic.
it’s not about science and hygiene now. If I don’t go out, will I have reasons to wash my hands everytime. The world had less freedom. So it was easy to follow laid down rules.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Litmus: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
whatmoreng:
He contacted in india or Nigeria?

India. Unfortunately for Nigeria, one thousand Nigeria Covid death is worth more in propaganda that one million Indian Covid deaths. In order to superimpose the stigma of Covid on Africa, instead of Asia or Europe, Nigeria is the country of all hope (apparently) and approximately a thousand deaths should do it, perhaps not even that.
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Investnow2017: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Avalancheman:
The coronavirus may have been in Nigeria since January. Returnees from abroad brought the deadly "Tokunbo" version.

But thank God, for the over 3 months the virus has been in the country, we have only recorded 23 deaths.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! smiley
Gbam cheesy
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Investmentfreak: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
I pray and hope so.
Thank you sir and stay safe
Neoteny7:

I won't touch the flood issue since there's no empirical evidence it ever happened, and the logic of it defies reason, it's a matter of faith so I'll leave it at that.

Nonetheless, I'm optimistic we'll get over this. Syphilis was once incurable, the bubonic plague almost killed mankind, even if the pathogen still exists today, HIVis now a mere inconvenience.

We'll pull through.

I just hope mankind's learn a lesson from this: the greatest danger in the world is a tiny speck of almost invisible fragment of DNA encased in protein, a vicious parasite whose sole purpose is to cause harm.

Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Chicastle: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Exactly
Your boy friend must be a real niggarrr

Even the Coro shit originated from Italy around August/ September last year
The world is just accusing Wuhan

YOU AND THIS YOUR NIGGER
Re: Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Corona virus might have been in Nigeria for a very long time. When Julius Berger was constructing Ojodu Berger (New Garage) to Kara late last year and early this year, the traffic bottleneck forced people to ride on motorcycle from WAWA taking the dusty bush path ( this is not Mikano / Elanlan side) to Kara inbound to Lagos.

Three people I know that took that route by bike since early and mid february are yet to recover. Nose cover had been in usage on dusty road and industrial environments. I have never used it. These three people regretted riding on bikes without nose cover on that route.

The people along WAWA, Arepo, Magboro and Ibafo need Covid - 19 test center. Lagos State should come to their aid. Ogun State is always blessed with unserious governor. From Mowe to Wawa, there is no government presence. No waste disposal site, system or mechanism, where people are forced to dump their waste refuse, Ogun State government through their useless Waste Management Authority will now place ' do not dump waste here' warning. PSP LAWMA trucks still pack waste from this area to Ojota.

Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers / What Range Is The Child Bearing Age / Baby Born With 26 Fingers & Toes In India, Hailed As Reincarnation Of Hindu Idol