Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 AM

The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth (2340 Views)

"Village People" Fact Or Myth? / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

That artwork was stolen from owo and not ife

Provide your evidence, or continue to cry secretly! cry cry cheesy cheesy

Until then, you remain a crying clown, while scholars' position remains standing tall
! cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

That artwork was stolen from owo and not ife

That is a 14century artwork, Benin and ife made contact in d 9c only

That artwork can't be tagg ooni of ife almost all yorubas kings dresses in that same regalia and not just The ooni of of ife.......

The crown is different from the crown from the ife artwork but similar with the owo crown

I am still waiting for the evidence!

Until then, you remain a crying clown, while scholars' position remains standing tall.

1 Like

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Provide your evidence, or continue to cry secretly! cry cry cheesy cheesy

Until then, you remain a crying clown, while scholars' position remains standing talls
! cheesy grin

You know am a critic i dont just believe what people sat because they say it

Yea is a same 14c of ife artwork, and that artwork you posted happen to also be a 14c artwork but different crowns
Not only that the style of artwork is not unique to ife, ife artwork dwell on naturalism
Owo artwork is both in natrualism and non naturalistic artwork

That artwork was made in owo using a benin art technique and retaining an owo original style

Image 2 ife crown

Image 1 owo crown

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Owo princes used to come to the oba of benin palace to be trained the art of kingship

The same way Benin princes live outside of Benin kingdom in order to be groomed in another kingdom into the art of kingship?? ??

Moreover, you heard it first from me that Owo kingdom and Benin kingdom used to have such a relationship which is so cordial that the Owo prince lives in Benin palace.

I stated clearly that they both recognize each other as Omo Oodua.

Having said that, I am still uncertain how this ties in to the sculpture of the Ooni excavated from the Benin kingdom palace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) That artwork was made in owo using a benin art technique and retaining an owo original style.

(2) Image 2 ife crown

Image 1 owo crown
(1) Evidence for your clownish claim, or you remain a bush baby, while scholars' position remains standing tall.

(2) Moreover, consider the crowns attached below.

All of them are completely different, during the same century, and on the same king. Wow!! shocked shocked shocked

Noooooooooo! This is unacceptable! grin

One of them must be the Oba of Zimbabwe.

The other one Oba of Benin.

The next one Oba of Igala.

And the last one Oba of Japan. grin cheesy grin

I lie?? cheesy

Or wait, can a king have more than one crown?? ?? Hmmmmmmmmm grin

No allow bigotry kill you put for road side oo. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Evidence for your clownish claim, or you remain a bush baby, while scholars' position remains standing tall.

All of them are completely different, during the same century, and on the same king. Wow!! shocked shocked shocked

Noooooooooo! This is unacceptable!

I lie?? cheesy

Go and che k our artworks the obas mainted one crown and even if he happened not to they would have also showed it in thier artwork......

But the ooni of ife maintained one type of crown
Throughout history and one type of art technique

Am not going to comment on this further it is aimless and pointless
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Noooooooooo! This is unacceptable!

I lie?? cheesy

Go and che k our artworks the obas mainted one crown and even if he happened not to they would have also showed it in thier artwork......

But the ooni of ife maintained one type of crown
Throughout history and one type of art technique

Only owo practice both and European made record of thier connections
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Are you denying your eyes that your Oba of the same century had different types of crowns?? ?? grin grin wink grin cheesy

In the real-world where sane human beings live, a king may have different types of crowns.

Let me show you again!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Even your artworks shows that your present Oba Ewuare(II) is not as foolish as you insist he is.

See your ancient Obas rocking different crowns below: cheesy cheesy

1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Are you denying your eyes that your Oba of the same century had different types of crowns?? ?? grin grin wink grin cheesy

In yhe real-world where sane human beings live, kings have different types of crowns.

Let me show you again!! cheesy

No, it was showed in the benin artwork too
That the oba had different crown

But it wasn't so in the ife artworks, even if the ife artworks showed various crowns did itshow that particular one, i guess no

Even if ife artworks had showed that particular crown did ife artworks practice that particular that artwork techniques

All the ife artworks have one similar crown and. One similar style of art

Which does not conform to that artwork found in the oba palace

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Even your artworks shows that your present Oba Ewuare(II) is not as foolish as you insist he is.

See your ancient Obas rocking different crowns below: cheesy cheesy

Were is the ife artwork that showed ooni of ife wearing different crown
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Gregyboy writes:

gregyboy:

Go and check our artworks the obas mainted one crown and even if he happened not to they would have also showed it in thier artwork...

Gregyboy also writes:
gregyboy:

No, it was showed in the benin artwork too
That the oba had different crown

Yet he insists saying the following:

"People, please take me serious, I am not mad" grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:
Gregyboy writes:

Gregyboy also writes:

Yet he insists saying the following:

"People take me serious, I am not mad".

How do you double quote on nairaland
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

How do you double quote on nairaland

That's not the issue at hand for now. I will teach you that when I'm done dealing with you. Don't distract.

The issue at and is that you are a living contradiction just because of your bigotry.

gregyboy:

Were is the ife artwork that showed ooni of ife wearing different crown

Having said that, the following are artworks of Ife kings showing different variety of crowns without the popular round/vertical frontal piece.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

That's not the issue at hand for now. I will teach you that when I'm done dealing with you. Don't distract.

The issue at and is that you are a living contradiction just because of your bigotry.

Having said that, the following are artworks of Ife kings showing different variety of crowns without the popular frontal round and long piece.

I know you will bring those rubbish and ascribed it as a crown

Lets assume they are all different crowns

Were is that particular crown

All benin crown in the past are still been worn today

Lol, the more you debate on this the more you put yourself on trouble

Am telling you run
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
Having shown you to be a failure, and having provided hard evidence showing Ife kings wearing crowns with different stylistic variations ---- some short, some tall, but all four without the signature round/vertical frontal piece.

It therefore becomes clear to sane people, again and again, that the experts were right when they identified the king in the first attachment as an Ooni of Ife, especially considering the unique regalia on its chest, which is the signature regalia for ancient Oonis of Ife.

Compare the chest regalias and the standing/hand postures of the Ife king excavated from Benin palace with the other two attachments.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) Lets assume they are all different crowns

(2) Were is that particular crown?

Please note that this is not a debate with you. Stop getting excited. I'm simply schooling you.

More importantly, I'm putting content out there to the world.

Now to address your points:

(1) I don't think we should assume them to be crowns. cheesy

Let's just call a spade, a spade. Those are SHOES, not crowns. /s grin cheesy grin

(2) That particular crown?? If you mean the crown in my first attachment, then it's in Benin Museum as we speak. grin

(3) Moreover, where is this Benin crown shown in the attachment below??

If you can't tell where it is, then the image does not represent a Benin king. /s cheesy

Instead, it must have been the image of an Oba of Japan that came visiting Benin kingdom. /s cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:
Having shown you to be a failure, and having provided hard evidence showing Ife kings wearing crowns with different stylistic variations ---- some short, some tall, but all four without the signature round/tall frontal piece.

It therefore becomes clear to sane people, again and again, that experts were right when they identified the king in the first attachment as an Ooni of Ife, especially considering the unique regalia on its chest which is the regalia signature for ancient Oonis of Ife.

Compare the chest regalias the Ife king excavated from Benin palace with the other two attachments.

The dressing is different, the artworks style is not ife, the crown is different

Tagging it ife art was a lazy work by scholars, only if our local historans worked in hand with foreign historian all this little error will be avoided
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

The dressing is different, the artworks style is not ife, the crown is different

Well, considering the fact that I also have eyes to see --- just like the experts who knew immediately that the figure is stylistically of an Ife king and nothing like another king --- I can clearly tell that those three chest regalias (and the standing/hand postures) of those three sculptures represent one and the same thing.

This is despite the fact that the three crowns are stylistically different from one another.

And we have seen evidence of different tall and short crowns, as well as crowns with and without the round/vertical frontal piece in the corpus of Ife artworks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Having said that, the following are artworks of Ife kings showing different variety of crowns without the popular frontal round and long piece.
Which year this your boy go graduate from your school of learning? Na everything he want make u teach am ni grin grin very dull student grin

1 Like

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Please note that I'm not debating you. Stop getting excited. I'm simply schooling you.

More importantly, I'm putting content out there to the world.

So address your points:

(1) I don't think we should assume them to be crowns.

Let's just call a spade, a spade. Those are shoes, not crowns. /s grin cheesy grin

(2) That particular crown?? If you mean the crown in my first attachment, then it's in Benin Museum as we speak. grin

(3) Moreover, where is this Benin crown shown in the attachment below??

If you can't tell me where it is, then the image does not represent Benin king, then it must be the image of a Japanese king that came visiting Benin kingdom. /s

Here is the crown,

Among the ife artworks were is that particular crowm

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Well, considering the fact that I also have eyes to see --- just like the experts who knew immediately that the figure is stylistically of an Ife king and nothing like another king --- then I know that the three chest regalia (and the standing/hand postures) are one and the same thing.

This is despite the fact that the three crowns are stylistically different from one another.

And we have seen evidence of different tall and short crowns, as well as crowns with and without the round and vertical frontal piece in the corpus of Ife artworks.

Now you're now talking off point........
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Here is the crown,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Nope! That's not it! They're not even remotely close by any stretch of the imagination. cheesy

In case you were blind before, and you can now see; what I asked you for is the crown in the 1st attahment.

But what you showed me is the crown in the 2nd attachment.

I am very sure that you will file a lawsuit if a supplier delivers the 2nd crown to you when what you ordered (with your hard earned money) was the first crown. grin grin grin

Stop joking! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Now you're now talking off point........

You obviously noticed your sad defeat. cheesy

I know you must be crying bitterly and loudly somewhere in Benin right now. cheesy grin

gregyboy:

Among the ife artworks were is that particular crowm

And lastly, any of the two crowns in my four earlier attachments; which are both tall, both cone-frustum-shaped, and both without the round and vertical frontal piece; represent the same crown in the image of the Ooni of Ife excavated from the Benin kingdom palace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Nope! That's not it! They're not even remotely close by any stretch of the imagination. cheesy

In case you were blind before, and you can now see; what I asked you for is the crown in the 1st attahment.

I am very sure that you will file a lawsuit if a supplier delivers the 2nd crown to you when what you ordered (with your hard earned money) was the first crown. grin grin grin

Stop joking! cheesy

Assuming its not matching like you said

But were is that very crown the ooni wore that was dug out from the oba palace in the ife artworks........

All of this. Makes me believe was never ife at all..

You will push me to question the ife artworks soon if you keep this funny trend on
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Assuming its not matching like you said

Why do you have to assume when you alread have eyes to see?? cheesy Abi your eyes no dey work?? grin cheesy grin

Meet your own criteria first before demanding others to meet your criteria.

That's the lesson for you today! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
In the meantime while you remain confused and dazed, unanimous experts' position remains standing tall that:

The figure shown below which was excavated from the palace at Benin Kingdom, represents the then Ooni of Ife.

There is never such an image of a Benin king found at Ile-Ife because:

The President never keeps official portraits of a Governor in his office. It's always the other way round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
gomojam:
Which year this your boy go graduate from your school of learning? Na everything he want make u teach am ni grin grin very dull student grin

I no understand for am oo.

He is my dullest student. cheesy cheesy

But what can I do as a good teacher??

I just have to keep doing what I do. He has been mis-educated at an early age.

So, I am still in the stage of de-educating him. This stage is usually the toughest for thick skulls like him.

It gets easier after this when he will simply be re-educated after he has been successfully de-educated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

I no understand for am oo.

He is my dullest student. cheesy cheesy

But what can I do as a good teacher??

I just have to keep doing what I do. He has been mis-educated at an early age.

So, I am still in the stage of de-educating him. This stage is usually the toughest for thick skulls like him.

It gets easier after this when he will simply be re-educated after he has been successfully de-educated.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
gomojam:
grin grin grin

Hahahaha.

Lmao!

1 Like

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Stop joking! cheesy

You see the similarities

The cap is representing the artwork there without bead

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

You see the similarities
The cap is representing the artwork there without bead

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.

Keep searching!! cheesy

One day before you leave this world, you will hopefully find that crown. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State / Dear Nigerians.... / Chi In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.