Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth (2346 Views)

"Village People" Fact Or Myth? / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
In the meantime while we all patiently await the result of your ultimate search, please be reminded of the following scholarly position:

The figure shown below was excavated from the palace of Benin Kingdom, and it represents the then Ooni of Ife.

There is never such an image of a Benin king found at Ile-Ife because:

The President never keeps official portraits of a Governor in his office. It's always the other way round.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.

Keep searching!! cheesy

One day before you leave this world, you will definitely find that crown. grin cheesy

Comparing our oba crown is not the discussion here

The discussion we are establishing here is if that artwork was really the artwork of ife

And all info proves otherwise
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

Comparing our oba crown is not the discussion here

The discussion we are establishing here is if that artwork was really the artwork of ife

And all info proves otherwise

Okay, you've finally agreed to run away from your own criteria after a failed ultimate search. cheesy cheesy

Moving on ...

This sculpture (which was excavated from the palace at Benin kingdom) represents an image of the then Ooni of Ife, considering its stylistic feature, its hand posture, its naturalism, and ultimately its paired chest regalia.

Am I alone in this conclusion? No, I'm not. This is also the unanimous conclusion of art historians.

But on the other hand --- on the extreme insanity scale --- my foolish and deluded Nairaland student (gregyboy) says that he has an idea different from scholars'.

But unfortunately for him, he still in the middle of another unending ultimate search to produce even a feather-weight evidence to back up his bitter bigotry.

In sum, you are yet to provide anything to back up your stupidity. I am patiently waiting! cheesy

I hope you don't die a bitter boy! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
TAO11:

Okay, you've finally agreed to run away from your own criteria after a failed ultimate search. cheesy cheesy

Moving on ...

This sculpture (which was excavated from the palace at Benin kingdom) represents an image of the then Ooni of Ife, considering its stylistic feature, its hand posture, its naturalism, and ultimately its paired chest regalia.

Am I alone in this conclusion? No, I'm not. This is also the unanimous conclusion of art historians.

But on the other hand --- on the extreme insanity scale --- my foolish and deluded Nairaland student (gregyboy) says that he has an idea different from scholars'.

But unfortunately for him, he still in the middle of another unending ultimate search to produce even a feather-weight evidence to back up his bitter bigotry.

In sum, you are yet to provide anything to back up your stupidity. I am patiently waiting! cheesy

I hope you don't die a bitter boy! cheesy

The 14c artwork of ife shows the ife sculptures wearing wrappers and having a different crown
From the artworks found in the palace .......

What makes you think its ife because scholars say so?

What is your reason of acceptance
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
gregyboy:

The 14c artwork of ife shows the ife sculptures wearing wrappers and having a different crown
From the artworks found in the palace .......

What makes you think its ife because scholars say so?

What is your reason of acceptance

You seem to have a short memory, or some problem with reading, or both.

I have shown already that Ife sulptures feature a vareity of crowns including some that also have tall height, cone frustum shape, and no round/vertical frontal piece.

Moreover, I also already wrote the following:

"...considering its stylistic feature, its hand posture, its naturalism, and ultimately, its unique paired chest-regalia.

And most importantly, the unanimous conclusion of art-historical scholarship admit that:

This sculpture (which was excavated from the palace of Benin kingdom) is none else than the then Ooni of Ife.

You may also visit the Benin Museum if that helps you, since you deludedly believe that every non-Bini art historian in the world hate gregyboy. Lol.

Are you ready to join team sanity?? cheesy cheesy

1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 3:20am On Apr 26, 2020
TAO11:

You seem to have a short memory, or some problem with reading, or both.

I have shown already that Ife sulptures feature a vareity of crowns including some that also have tall height, cone frustum shape, and no round/vertical frontal piece.

Moreover, I also already wrote the following:

"...considering its stylistic feature, its hand posture, its naturalism, and ultimately, its unique paired chest-regalia.

And most importantly, the unanimous conclusion of art-historical scholarship admit that:

This sculpture (which was excavated from the palace of Benin kingdom) is none else than the then Ooni of Ife.

You may also visit the Benin Museum if that helps you, since you deludedly believe that every non-Bini art historian in the world hate gregyboy. Lol.

Are you ready to join team sanity?? cheesy cheesy

I always tell you most of the time you talk you talk you resolve to insult ,if you continue like this i will be forced to stop replying your bigoted reasoning and insultive attitudes

The way you get emotional and insultive instead of passing messages baffles me......

And You read to many crap on the internet and what fit your ego you pick and quote...... Without any evaluation......

Am not going to reply any of your mentions anymore you need to go back to your father's house and learn manners, i wonder if this is how you insult your husband if you get excited over an issue .......

I have tried to remain cool just to pass my knowledge, i think i have passed enough and you have your turns of insult on me while proving your point, i just hope this attitude wont follow you down to your husband's house goodluck i wont be responding to any of your comments anymore.

You need to learn manners of approach

This is one of you own who is not a bigoted writer
Batunde Lawal

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 6:02am On Apr 26, 2020
gregyboy:

(1). Am not going to reply any of your mentions anymore ...

(2). ... goodluck i wont be responding to any of your comments anymore.

(3). This is one of you own who is not a bigoted writer. Batunde Lawal

(1) & (2). I am not sorry about how you feel. I say this because I know you're only spinning the narrative and playing the victim.

You're simply mad at yourself for repeatedly failing to subvert the truth.

Hence your resolve to playing the victim, while searching for the nearest exit through which you will run away.

I knew you will run away as it is typical of you whenever you get exposed so badly that you run out of lies to tell and willful stupidity to express.

(3) Now, let's examine the very same page you've attached from Babatunde Lawal's "The Present State of Art Historical Research in Nigeria".

(i) My argument has repeatedly been that I agree 100% with art historians on their identification of "the small bronze figure in ceremonial regalia" as the then Ooni of Ife.

(ii) Now, does Babatunde Lawal (whom you attached) disagree with me (and art-historical scholarahip) on this??

Absolutely not! cheesy Instead, he agrees with me (and art historical scholarship) that this figure excavated from the palace of Benin was "imported" from "Ife".

Reference:
Refer to my highlight (on the same page as yours) as attached below.

(iii) Who and what then does B. Lawal disagree with??

He only disagrees with some who date this figure to the 1200s --- that is, the Iguegha/Oba Oguola period.

B. Lawal is simpy arguing here to the effct that although this figure was "imported" from "Ife", it was imported at a latter date --- perhaps in the 1300s.

(iii) Guess what! His view on this figure (regarding both origin and date) is exactly and completely identical to mine.

My attachment (from S. P. Blier) has been repeatedly and consistently showing a latter date of "14th century CE" --- that is, 1300s.

In sum, your attachment of B. Lawal betrays you, and instead agrees with me (and with art historical scholarship) in a complete and absolute sense.

You shot yourself again as usual. cheesy I think you should always have a smarter person proof-read your so-called evidence for you before you always attach them, in order to avoid more disgraceful moments like this. grin

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by gregyboy(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2020
valirex:
Nice write-up
Read this

https://www.jstor.org/journal/jafricanhistory

Samuk
AreaFada2
Ghostwon
Re: The Politcs Behind Oduduwa Myth by TAO11(f): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
This boy finally disappeared after realizing that he has no argument against the fact that a 1300CE sculpture of an Ooni of Ife was excavated from the palace of Benin kingdom.

Having established this fact beyond sane doubt, it should come then as no surprise why the "Governor" must always keep an "official portrait" of the "President" in his office but never the other war round. cheesy

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#加速主义 / Is Elon Musk The Antichrist We Have Been Expecting? / Wedding Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.