Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Motives Why Christ Died For Us: To Accomplish His Own Resurrection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Motives Why Christ Died For Us: To Accomplish His Own Resurrection (543 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motives Why Christ Died For Us: To Accomplish His Own Resurrection by churchvw: 1:16am On Jan 07, 2011
"If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins" (1 Corinthians 15:17), http://www.churchwords..com
Re: Motives Why Christ Died For Us: To Accomplish His Own Resurrection by Jenwitemi(m): 3:31am On Jan 07, 2011
churchvw:

"If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins" (1 Corinthians 15:17), http://www.churchwords..com
Nonsense. The death of Jesus was a symbolism that serves only to show us all that we are all above death. That we do not need to fear death. That only our body dies and not us. That we live on after death of the physical body. That death is merely a shedding of the physical body. That is why he died and ROSE again in a different state of being. Jesus was the representation of every man and woman.

In the ancient times, long before Jesus ever came on the scene, plays were always enacted by pagans depicting dying and rising godmen to teach this fundamental truth to the people of the time. The ancients were very aware of this truth about death. Even our african ancestors were too. Only the westerners were not and they infected us with their ignorance through their western religion called christianity before we could be educated by our forefathers.
Re: Motives Why Christ Died For Us: To Accomplish His Own Resurrection by vedaxcool(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2011
churchvw:

In other words Christianity has nothing to offer except the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ, But it is so as Paul also wrote

"But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?…so also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption…It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual"

what was Jesus trying to prove?

Behold (have a look at) my hands and my feet, that it is I myself (I am the same fellow, man!): handle me and see; for A SPIRIT has no flesh and bones, as you see me have. . . And he showed them his hands and his feet." (HOLY BIBLE) Luke 24:39-40

Here we read Jesus was  trying to convince his disciple that he was not dead because he was not spirit, in other words he was trying to assert that he did not die on the cross neither has he ressurrected, in essence Oga Paul was saying that dead people ressurect as spiritual bodies and from every indication Jesus was not spirirt because he had not died. Hence he had not died talkless of ressurecting since his ressurection was not in spiritual form.

(1) (Reply)

Xtians Should Learn To Speak Wisely / Eternity:how Far Is It? / Separating The Qur'an From The Family (the Ahlul-bayt (as)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.