Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Eternity:how Far Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternity:how Far Is It? (542 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / How Far Is Heaven??? / Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eternity:how Far Is It? by chyke27(m): 3:36am On Mar 29, 2011
I think it is amazing how much we,the sons of men have trifled with the issue of eternity that I feel it is necessary for us to have a grasp of its duration and perhaps stop to ponder if it is something to be toyed with.
One thing that can give us an inkling is the scriptures that called the Almighty God eternal. Of course.   these two words have same roots. It means therfore that when the bible talks about eternity,it talks about the unending life-time of God. Invariably,those who shall be found worthy to partake in eternal life shall spend the unending life-time of God with Him and His angels in Heaven and paradise while the heedless shall spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. For the bible says "and death and hades were thrown into the lake of fire. And anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire"

But one question is,why are men heedless? The bible says that the god of this world has blinded the eyes of the unbelievers lest they see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ. Why won't a man believe God who is so powerful that even one of his creatures could strike terror in man's heart. If you stand little chance if you fell into a crocodile infested water,what chance do you have if you defy the Creator of the crocodile while here on earth simply because He made the earth the realm of His mercy. One day, you and I and everyone of us will stand before Him who holds the breadth of every living creature in His hands,or are you stronger than He?

Methink another reason why some are heedless is that they do. not believe there is God or they are wishing there is no God thereby wishing Him out and away from their deluded hearts,though unsuccessfully for ''God has set eternity in the hearts of men". Now,assuming you do not believe in God's existence, and errorneously believe that you are here because you want to be here,then there will be no basis for you to believe the WORD of HIM who you do not believe exists,and consequently heaven and hell. Permissible?
Not. As a man of intelligence look at it this way. You have a choice to make:

Option I
Believe in God,believe His Word,obey His commands,believe in Jesus His Son,be delivered from sin etc

Option II
Do not give a damn about God,live your life the way others live,be in control of your life,
Live in sin;drunkeness,dissipation,partying,fornication ,etc

Remember our issue here is eternity-heaven or hell. Now,option I,you've done what the Creator demanded of you in this life and finally you passed on and lo,the unbelieving were right,there is no heaven,no hell. What have you to lose,NOTHING. Worse case scenario,there is heaven and there is hell as the bible says, what have you to gain EVERYTHING. Alternatively,you live like the children of disobedience,you dare the God of heaven because your physical eyes see Him not for
"the carnal man does not understand the things of the Spirit for they are foolishness to him and because they are spiritually discerned"
Then finally you die and there is no heaven or hell,you lose NOTHING.Worst case scenario,there is heaven and there is hell,and YOU have taken the BIGGEST RISK you could barely afford to take. No wonder the scriptures say "take heed unto thine own soul". No other will take heed unto your own soul for you,not father,not a pastor, but you.
You are dead and hell is REAL and you are without Jesus,the only one that could have saved you from the raging fires of hell. What have you lost, unquantifiably EVERYTHING.
My last post about the reality of hell met a reaction that put fear in my heart for many,for many are blind, and on the broad road to hell,and they do not know it.
But mercy is still available on earth,the realm of mercy.

My prayer is that the Lord whose I am and to whom I belong will quicken me to know Him,not only in my mind,but in my spirit. I have yet another prayer,it is that the church wake up from her slumber and to the realities of the battles of the hordes of hell. Wake up from the madness of shadow chasing in the name of blessings for our Lord says "be careful,lest thine heart be weighed down by drunkeness,dissipation and cares of this life and the day comes upon you like a thief"
Truth is,the most dangerous place to be in is not Libya,not Afghanistan but a location called HELL,no matter what you do,don't be found there. Sad though "strive to enter through the strait gate,for I tell you the truth,many shall try to,but they will not be able to enter" sad because the many are in the church,yet lost with the world.

May the God of peace to whom belong glory and praise forever open our eyes of understanding for " if we continue sinning after having knowledge of the truth,no sacrifice for sin is left,but only a fearful expectation of judgement and raging fire that will consume the enemies of God"

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Brethrens Assist Me / Jesus The Only Way To Life / Intercede For Ministers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.