Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Please Advice Me... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me... (1177 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me... by Coldplay007(f): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2020
Lol..

Somebody owed you 15k.. you seized a bike in lieu of the money. You kept the bike with the police, police refused to release the bike without collecting plenty money (how much)..

You borrowed money from someone to bail the bike and the guy that bailed the bike siezed the bike and sold it without giving you any part of the money..lol

The guy that owes you money has paid back... and you collected the money... lol

You are both very stupid and a criminal... grin grin
Re: Please Advice Me... by blaise26abj(m): 7:23am On Apr 22, 2020
Why did you take the bike from the police station if they didn’t call you to come and remove it? You should not have taken it from the police . You the. Went into agreement with a third party without informing the original owner of the bike. You have acted in a dubious manner . Without the papers of the bike , it wasn’t in your right to sell/ bargain with his bike .

My advice is try to retrieve the bike and if you can’t , pay the agreed 2nd hand value of the bike to the guy. That will teach you that when retrieving a debt, you need to do it with a lot of patience and wisdom .

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me... by Richy4(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
I don't just understand some peoples way of reasoning.... So is Op supposed to leave his hard earned cash to someone? even if it's #10, is he entitled to ignore the amount just because it's small? Just asking because I read so many pathetic stuffs here on people condemning the OP for trying to get his money back... someone was even calling him a criminal for trying to recover his money.

I guess Op, where u made the mistake was not putting all those thing into writing.. when you took that bike, you should have made him sign that from this period to this period, if he did not repay the said amount, his bike would be sold to cover his debt

My Ruling
Though I did not understand the #12k part. After selling his bike, did u still collect 12k from him or what? that's all I want to know. If u did that, I can't understand the reason behind that but u have to refund him of that money and explain to him that his bike has been sold and his 12k was not required anymore... If u sold it less than the amount, take the money from it to make it balance ( excluding the police charges nonsense) If the bike was sold more than he was owing you, u take the your 15k and give him back his balance from the bike (money including his 12k)
Judgement for the plentiful to the amount of 15k. this matter is adjourned sad
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2020
bukatyne:

Actually,

Most are not worth it.

When angry, one does not have the emotional stability to critically analyze a decision.

I thought the OP's case is just recouping N3k. I didn't know he sold the bike unauthorized and has to pay for it.

I intentionally didnt use "most" before they come for my head.
Re: Please Advice Me... by lovelin1993(m): 11:12am On Apr 22, 2020
Richy4:
I don't just understand some peoples way of reasoning.... So is Op supposed to leave his hard earned cash to someone? even if it's #10, is he entitled to ignore the amount just because it's small? Just asking because I read so many pathetic stuffs here on people condemning the OP for trying to get his money back... someone was even calling him a criminal for trying to recover his money.

I guess Op, where u made the mistake was not putting all those thing into writing.. when you took that bike, you should have made him sign that from this period to this period, if he did not repay the said amount, his bike would be sold to cover his debt

My Ruling
Though I did not understand the #12k part. After selling his bike, did u still collect 12k from him or what? that's all I want to know. If u did that, I can't understand the reason behind that but u have to refund him of that money and explain to him that his bike has been sold and his 12k was not required anymore... If u sold it less than the amount, take the money from it to make it balance ( excluding the police charges nonsense) If the bike was sold more than he was owing you, u take the your 15k and give him back his balance from the bike (money including his 12k)
Judgement for the plentiful to the amount of 15k. this matter is adjourned sad
thanks man...he brought the 12k and ungetting to the guy that borrowed me money, the bike has bin sold out and I called the bike man to explain bt he refused of not collecting the money back that he needs his bike back
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Please Advice Me... by Resurgent2016: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ginaz:

I’ve reread the story over again .. he said the second guy who detained the bike , they both came to the conclusion that if the money is not paid on time the guy should sell the bike . There was an agreement to sell the bike .

Op is not the owner of the bike, he had no right to enter such agreemnt without the consent of the owner.
He should just prepare to sleep in police cell. How will you justify giving someone the right to sell a bike that could cost as much as 500k for 15k debt?
Re: Please Advice Me... by Resurgent2016: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
blaise26abj:
Why did you take the bike from the police station if they didn’t call you to come and remove it? You should not have taken it from the police . You the. Went into agreement with a third party without informing the original owner of the bike. You have acted in a dubious manner . Without the papers of the bike , it wasn’t in your right to sell/ bargain with his bike .

My advice is try to retrieve the bike and if you can’t , pay the agreed 2nd hand value of the bike to the guy. That will teach you that when retrieving a debt, you need to do it with a lot of patience and wisdom .

Well said.

Even if he retrieves the bike, the owner could accuse him of damaging the bike.

Seems very silly that someone decide to size a bike for the sake of 15k debt. Or was the bike scrap?
Re: Please Advice Me... by frozen70(f): 3:27am On Apr 23, 2020
lovelin1993:
pls advice me on what to do...
A guy owed me 15k and he doesn't wants to pay me and I do go to his house to ask for the money bt my going was productive until I detain his jincheng bike bt someone now advice me to take the bike to the police that it would probably lead to something serious if it should be in my custody, so I did. the bike used up to 3-4 months in police custody before I went there for the clearing of the bike bt on-getting to the police station, the police asked me for the papers to clear the bike and I called the owner that I want to clear out his bike that he should bring the papers to the police station while I was waiting him to come bt the guy didn't show up till now..although I have cleared tje bike from police station with a lot of money since there is no particular for the bike bt where I borrowed money from to clear it has detain the bike again and we both reach an agreement that if the money would not be paid in time that he will sell the bike bt with what I'm seeing, the bike has sold the bike bt now the guy has paid 12k of my money he owed me, remaining 3k, and the bike was sold some months back bt the father to this guy is threatening me with SAS police...pls anyone should advice me to get out of this problem...the 15k the guy owed has cost someone to loss admission since he could not pay back my 15k in time...

Nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contact us now for your Interior Design For Homes and work places .. / Finding The Perfect Lady / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.