Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Please Advice Me... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me... (1192 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me... by lovelin1993(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
pls advice me on what to do...
A guy owed me 15k and he doesn't wants to pay me and I do go to his house to ask for the money bt my going was productive until I detain his jincheng bike bt someone now advice me to take the bike to the police that it would probably lead to something serious if it should be in my custody, so I did. the bike used up to 3-4 months in police custody before I went there for the clearing of the bike bt on-getting to the police station, the police asked me for the papers to clear the bike and I called the owner that I want to clear out his bike that he should bring the papers to the police station while I was waiting him to come bt the guy didn't show up till now..although I have cleared tje bike from police station with a lot of money since there is no particular for the bike bt where I borrowed money from to clear it has detain the bike again and we both reach an agreement that if the money would not be paid in time that he will sell the bike bt with what I'm seeing, the bike has sold the bike bt now the guy has paid 12k of my money he owed me, remaining 3k, and the bike was sold some months back bt the father to this guy is threatening me with SAS police...pls anyone should advice me to get out of this problem...the 15k the guy owed has cost someone to loss admission since he could not pay back my 15k in time...
Re: Please Advice Me... by Toma2: 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wahala dey o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me... by daddytime(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
This case worse pass Nigeria, IMF, World Bank. And China loan all combined.

What a case.

I just dey imagine this kind case before judge Judy...laugh go tear person belle.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me... by helinues: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
How much have you now spent? When you could have let go of the 15k.

You are a wicked person

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me... by sisisioge: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Money matter! The cardinal rule is never lend anyone money you can not afford to forfeit. It doesn't end well.

As it is, na make you move comot remain.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me... by Pubichairs(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
cheesy

This bike matter don tire wrapper so..

Na wetin impatient the cause ..
Re: Please Advice Me... by mignone(f): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmmm...I personally have no solution to give but the best thing is never to get into trouble at all. Fighting for ur right in this Nigeria cld lead u into further trouble jst like this. You can only threathen simply&retreat for good.
Never lend anyone a sum u can't forfeit!
Consult a sound lawyer though, God will save u
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Patience is a virtue
What would you have done if the guy that owed you money had no bike? It would have been better for you to arrest the guy than even seize his bike. I'm sure you know the worth of what you seized compared to the 15k he owed.
I am not trying to justify why he didnt pay you on time, the guy has payed you your money, it's time you returned his bike to him.
Certainly the 15k is worthless now as you'd be bothered about how to get a bike that had nothing to do with the money in the first instance.
Next time when you want to go this path again, just seize something that is the worth of what the owner owes, or at least come to a legal conclusion about taking personal stuff in place of the money. No dey do pass urself grin
God will help you.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
This is so funny.
Re: Please Advice Me... by captainking(m): 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
You messed up.. If you seize someone's item who willingly allowed you take it.. Make him write an agreement why you are taking it... Get it on record.. Video recording.. In case he decides to report it as stolen... And you keep it till he pays back.. Or.. In the written agreement.. It should have a timeline.. Whereby if he doesn't pay back.. You can sell the bike...
I hope you get out of this... Next time.. Ask for advise before reacting.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
If I am to understand clearly , you and the other person sold the bike and both have taken the debts owned to each other from the proceeds.

What I don’t fully understand now is, why did you collect 12k from your friend again when you have sold his bike, already gotten the money owned to you from the purchase of the bike?

That means you have collected the money owned to you twice with just 3k left to complete.

You’re a very wicked somebody . Seizing his bike wasn’t enough but you sold it yet still have the guts to take money a second time .

I hope the father of the boy locks you up in prison and allows you to rot in there till you bring the bike. He has paid you 12k , so you must vomit his bike out . Very wicked man.

Re: Please Advice Me... by lovelin1993(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:
If I am to understand clearly , you and the other person sold the bike and both have taken the debts owned to each other from the proceeds.

What I don’t fully understand now is, why did you collect 12k from your friend again when you have sold his bike, already gotten the money owned to you from the purchase of the bike?

That means you have collected the money owned to you twice with just 3k left to complete.

You’re a very wicked somebody . Seizing his bike wasn’t enough but you sold it yet still have the guts to take money a second time .

I hope the father of the boy locks you up in prison and allows you to rot in there till you bring the bike. He has paid you 12k , so you must vomit his bike out . Very wicked man.

the guy paid me lately, and the other guy acted before he paid me
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
@Ginaz: The guy who was owing OP and whose bike OP seized and took to the police, just paid 12k out of the 15k that he was owing, remaining 3k. I think the guy is now asking for his bike back, but the other dude who OP borrowed money from in order to have the police release the bike, has sold it.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:

Someone borrowed him(OP) money to clear the bike from police station. The person too also seized the bike, and they came to conclusion that the bike would be sold if he(the OP) doesnt pay back. Now the person that borrowed OP money to retrieve bike from police have sold the bike.
The original owner of the bike have payed OP his 15k back, now the OP is no longer in possession of the bike because the bike has been sold.
This bike have suffered

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
lovelin1993:
the guy paid me lately, and the other guy acted before he paid me

It’s no excuse who paid and who didn’t pay on time . You knew you have sold the bike you should have refunded him his money and just come upfront with him concerning his bike that he came late and you have sold it and let him do his worst .

Instead you have dug yourself deeper into the messier situation at ground by doing otherwise . How the hell do you even think you’re going to get out of the mess? It’s neither you give him his bike or refund him is money and come blunt about the real condition of the bike .

He’s the one at fault for not paying his debt on time .. but you have given him the upper hand to be the victim here by not acting smart.
Re: Please Advice Me... by lovelin1993(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
aeion:
@Ginaz: The guy who was owing OP and whose bike OP seized and took to the police, just paid 12k out of the 15k that he was owing, remaining 3k. I think the guy is now asking for his bike back, but the other dude who OP borrowed money from in order to have the police release the bike, has sold it.
exactly.. what can I do
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
lovelin1993:
exactly.. what can I do
Maybe you should do contact tracing and see whether you can still get the bike back(with money), if not you have to provide his bike for him. No be the bike owe you money to start with.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
aeion:

Thanks for making me understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me... by lovelin1993(m): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

Maybe you should do contact tracing and see whether you can still get the bike back(with money), if not you have to provide his bike for him. No be the bike owe you money to start with.
kk
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

Someone borrowed him(OP) money to clear the bike from police station. The person too also seized the bike, and they came to conclusion that the bike would be sold if he(the OP) doesnt pay back. Now the person that borrowed OP money to retrieve bike from police have sold the bike.
The original owner of the bike have payed OP his 15k back, now the OP is no longer in possession of the bike because the bike has been sold.
This bike have suffered

Thanks. I come confused . undecided
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

I don’t think he’s going to get the bike that way. What he should do is go meet the friend who sold the bike that the owner needs the bike back. After the buyer has been found , they should refund him back his money and take the bike back.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:

It’s no excuse who paid and who didn’t pay on time . You knew you have sold the bike you should have refunded him his money and just come upfront with him concerning his bike that he came late and you have sold it and let him do his worst .

Instead you have dug yourself deeper into the messier situation at ground by doing otherwise . How the hell do you even think you’re going to get out of the mess? It’s neither you give him his bike or refund him is money and come blunt about the real condition of the bike .

He’s the one at fault for not paying his debt on time .. but you have given him the upper hand to be the victim here by not acting smart.
OP failed to legalise his action. The person that he borrowed money and himself didnt agree that the bike would be used as a stake.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:

I don’t think he’s going to get the bike that way. What he should do is go meet the friend who sold the bike that the owner needs the bike back. After the buyer has been found , they should refund him back his money and take the bike back.
Yes. Exactly what I meant by contact tracing. That is if the person that finally bought it is ready to give it back
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

OP failed to legalise his action. The person that he borrowed money and himself didnt agree that the bike would be used as a stake.

Exactly!!! Now he is in soup.
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

Yes. Exactly what I meant by contact tracing. That is if the person that finally bought it is ready to give it back

Yes. What if the guy has spent the money from the purchase of the bike, how are they going to refund the buyer the money so they can take the bike back?

Na wa o. See case !!!
Re: Please Advice Me... by Ginaz(f): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sapphire11:

I’ve reread the story over again .. he said the second guy who detained the bike , they both came to the conclusion that if the money is not paid on time the guy should sell the bike . There was an agreement to sell the bike .
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:

Yes. What if the guy has spent the money from the purchase of the bike, how are they going to refund the buyer the money so they can take the bike back?

Na wa o. See case !!!
Lol
I hope he learns his lessons. Not every decision taken out of anger is worth it. He cannot win this case in a court of law. Imagine the OP gave permission to someone to sell a bike that doesnt even belong to him, he thought his action would be justified because the owner owned him money
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:

I’ve reread the story over again .. he said the second guy who detained the bike , they both came to the conclusion that if the money is not paid on time the guy should sell the bike . There was an agreement to sell the bike .
Yes. But the person isn't the owner of the bike either. The person only borrowed the OP money to retrieve the bike from the police station. They both had no right to sell it off
Re: Please Advice Me... by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
lovelin1993:
exactly.. what can I do

Some options:

1. Find out who the dude sold the bike to and see if you can buy it back from this new owner.

2. Ask the initial bike owner if you can buy him another bike as a replacement.

3. Ask the initial bike owner if you can give him money for the bike to compensate him for its loss.
Re: Please Advice Me... by bukatyne(f): 1:04am On Apr 22, 2020
lovelin1993:
pls advice me on what to do...
A guy owed me 15k and he doesn't wants to pay me and I do go to his house to ask for the money bt my going was productive until I detain his jincheng bike bt someone now advice me to take the bike to the police that it would probably lead to something serious if it should be in my custody, so I did. the bike used up to 3-4 months in police custody before I went there for the clearing of the bike bt on-getting to the police station, the police asked me for the papers to clear the bike and I called the owner that I want to clear out his bike that he should bring the papers to the police station while I was waiting him to come bt the guy didn't show up till now..although I have cleared tje bike from police station with a lot of money since there is no particular for the bike bt where I borrowed money from to clear it has detain the bike again and we both reach an agreement that if the money would not be paid in time that he will sell the bike bt with what I'm seeing, the bike has sold the bike bt now the guy has paid 12k of my money he owed me, remaining 3k, and the bike was sold some months back bt the father to this guy is threatening me with SAS police...pls anyone should advice me to get out of this problem...the 15k the guy owed has cost someone to loss admission since he could not pay back my 15k in time...

My brother,

Wisdom is very profitable.

You should have done a calculation to the very very end before embarking on your journey.

The stress, money for clearance etc. is more than N100k

Not forgetting the N3k still hanging.

You can use the method you used for the N12k or bone the N3k and move on.

Pele grin
Re: Please Advice Me... by bukatyne(f): 1:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Sapphire11:

Lol
I hope he learns his lessons. Not every decision taken out of anger is worth it . He cannot win this case in a court of law. Imagine the OP gave permission to someone to sell a bike that doesnt even belong to him, he thought his action would be justified because the owner owned him money

Actually,

Most are not worth it.

When angry, one does not have the emotional stability to critically analyze a decision.

I thought the OP's case is just recouping N3k. I didn't know he sold the bike unauthorized and has to pay for it.
Re: Please Advice Me... by mydadsboy(m): 1:44am On Apr 22, 2020
I’m sorry guys but I really needed this laugh grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mingle To Marry Platform / Finally,e Do Happen. / I Give Up. See You On The Other Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.