Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK (465 Views)

COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria / Covid 19: First Time Flyer With Malaria Fever Causes Panic In Kano. / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said on Tuesday(21-april-2020) that UK is set to begin her first human trials of a covid-19 vaccine this week. The covid-19 vaccine is being developed by scientists at Oxford University and a separate team at Imperial College in London. See details below:

"Both of these promising projects are making rapid progress, and I've told the scientists leading them that we'll do everything in our power to support," Mr Hancock said during Downing Street's daily press conference.

The Health Minister said he had freed up an extra 20 million pounds ($39 million) of funding to both projects, and the Oxford group, led by Professor Sarah Gilbert, would begin testing the vaccine in humans this week, with production potentially starting before the trial was complete

"In normal times, reaching this stage would take years, and I'm very proud of the work taken so far," Mr Hancock said.

"At the same time, we'll invest in manufacturing capability, so if either of these vaccines safely works, then we can make it available for the British people as soon as humanly possible."

#I pray it works... I'm so tired of this lock down..

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/12171534

Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by emilomona(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
I even hear say them go pay volunteers maybe £600k or there about fr participation in the clinical trials.

1 Like

Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by muhyeenisce(m): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Endofcovic before May

1 Like

Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by am0s(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
muhyeenisce:
Endofcovic before May
Amen oh! The lock down and fears wey people dey spread don tire me.
Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by Righteousness89(m): 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by muhyeenisce(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Felixamos:

Amen oh! The lock down and fears wey people dey spread don tire me.

I no even send wetin people de talk, if u send people comment na heart attack you de invite for yourself....

1 Like

Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
muhyeenisce:

I no even send wetin people de talk, if u send people comment na heart attack you de invite for yourself....

Very true man!
Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
emilomona:
I even hear say the pay volunteer maybe £600 or there about fr participation.
That could be true. Some months back, I followed this health topic on quora and saw a post of a guy claiming to make some cash for volunteering himself to test new legit drugs for some pharmaceutical companies..
Re: covid-19: First Coronavirus Vaccine To Begin Trials In UK by emilomona(m): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Felixamos:

That could be true. Some months back, I followed this health topic on quora and saw a post of a guy claiming to make some cash for volunteering himself to test new legit drugs for some pharmaceutical companies..

Mehn! The hustle is real. Though is clinical trials is open to only those already infected with Covid-19.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Treatment Breakthrough Announced / Live Scores: PREDICTION 12 MAY / Chloroquine For Management Of Covid-19 Not Way To Go !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.