Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. (6648 Views)

Netflix PREMIUM Subscription FOR N3200 / How Does Netflix Clone Empower Your Entrepreneurship Venture? / Cheap GO Tv Nd Dstv Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Ziyech(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
1 movie na like 500mb

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
minasota:
Reply Please

Netflix is not an alternative to dstv. They are different. U can subscribe for DStv and let it play whatever program u want from morning till night at no extra cost. Lest say u subscribe to the cheapest DStv plan which is N2,000, u can watch news, cartoons, africa magic, telemundo, selected sports channels, etc for as much as u want.

With Netflix the cheapest plan is around N3, 600. Ur gonna need a fast internet to be able to stream and u don't get news or sports, just movies and shows (and they have a lot). If u stream a lot u might end up spending more than N15, 000 month on data depending on what video quality u set it to.

5 Likes

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
austino677:
grin maybe low quality movies lol

Most probably shows and not full movies.

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ebubemg:

8 movie ke
When just one episode takes 1g, while a movie take 2g plus and I watch with phone oh

U are downloading on high video quality. Change ur video quality to standard. Funny thing is of u are watching on phone there's hardly any difference between standard and high quality (unless ur using a tablet with bigger display).

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Ebubemg(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

U are downloading on high video quality. Change ur video quality to standard. Funny thing is of u are watching on phone there's hardly any difference between standard and high quality (unless ur using a tablet with bigger display).
there is a big difference for me oh, expecially if the content have supports hdr
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Praxtech: 11:17am On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

Netflix is not an alternative to dstv. They are different. U can subscribe for DStv and let it play whatever program u want from morning till night at no extra cost. Lest say u subscribe to the cheapest DStv plan which is N2,000, u can watch news, cartoons, africa magic, telemundo, selected sports channels, etc for as much as u want.

With Netflix the cheapest plan is around N3, 600. Ur gonna need a fast internet to be able to stream and u don't get news or sports, just movies and shows (and they have a lot). If u stream a lot u might end up spending more than N15, 000 month on data depending on what video quality u set it to.
Shut up. The cheapest plan is 2k plus

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by nelsonebby(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2020
Or make use of torrent and download as you like wink

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Praxtech: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2020
nelsonebby:
Better to do legit

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by nelsonebby(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2020
Praxtech:

Better to do legit
torrents is legal in Nigeria
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Praxtech: 11:25am On Apr 26, 2020
nelsonebby:
torrents is legal in Nigeria
I differ
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by uboma(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Praxtech:

There's absolutely no need to be rude.

Even at 2k subscription, greenhulk is right, Dstv is still cheaper...

7 Likes

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Praxtech: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
uboma:

There's absolutely no need to be rude.

Even at 2k subscription, greenhulk is right, Dstv is still cheaper...
Shut up...I suffer not liars
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ebubemg:
there is a big difference for me oh, expecially if the content have supports hdr

If u are watching on TV there's a big difference. On phone no much of a difference. If ur phone doesn't support HDR and ur watching her movie it won't make any difference.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Praxtech:

How old are u?

6 Likes

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Praxtech: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

How old are u?
Apologize for giving incorrect Information and quit dilly dallying

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by genius43(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
nelsonebby:

Awon x265/HEVC Geng.....

Never knew we where plenty like this.

5 Likes

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Ebubemg(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

If u are watching on TV there's a big difference. On phone no much of a difference. If ur phone doesn't support HDR and ur watching her movie it won't make any difference.
my phone supports hdr and I notice the difference very well
Can't compare standard and high quality at all, if ur phone can deliver u should notice it
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by 2kurupt(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
minasota:
Reply Please

Don't get it twisted Netflix can't replace DStv but can rather supplement it. This is because Netflix only offers movies, TV series and documentaries. How do you now cater for live news & updates, music and other satellite exclusives like reality shows?

My advice is you downgrade your DStv subscription then use the balance for Netflix and data subscriptions.

The choice is yours

3 Likes

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Idiotmod: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
2kurupt:

Don't get it twisted Netflix can't replace DStv but can rather supplement it. This is because Netflix only offers movies, TV series and documentaries. How do you now cater for live news & updates, music and other satellite exclusives like reality shows?

My advice is you downgrade your DStv subscription then use the balance for Netflix and data subscriptions.

The choice is yours
There are other apps that show live tv and news if there is unlimited data. Dstv is a scam, they like repeating movies

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by 2kurupt(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Idiotmod:

There are other apps that show live tv and news if there is unlimited data. Dstv is a scam, they like repeating movies

No doubt about that. DStv is sadly the necessary evil since no worthy competitor has presented itself yet.

Remember she wants an alternative to DStv and the cheapest unlimited data plan is still more expensive than a DStv premium sub.

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Idiotmod: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
2kurupt:

No doubt about that. DStv is sadly the necessary evil since no worthy competitor has presented itself yet.

Remember she wants an alternative to DStv and the cheapest unlimited data plan is still more expensive than a DStv premium sub.
If he is in Lagos. I heard about unlimited night plan 1,500. He can use it to download whatever movie he want and watch it for a month
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ebubemg:
my phone supports hdr and I notice the difference very well
Can't compare standard and high quality at all, if ur phone can deliver u should notice it

Good for u. I only occasionally watch Netflix on my phone and normal quality is good enough for me as I don't see much difference with high quality. Where u will see difference is on smart TV which is where I watch the most.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
2kurupt:

The choice is yours

You nailed it.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Idiotmod:

If he is in Lagos. I heard about unlimited night plan 1,500. He can use it to download whatever movie he want and watch it for a month

Netflix is not an alternative to DStv, it's a complement to DStv. I never heard of 1,500 unlimited night plan, even if it exists and u download ur Netflix movies on ur phone or tablet, what happens when u have visitors at home? Do u play movies for them to watch on ur phone? It's cheaper to subscribe the cheapest DStv plan and then complement it with Netflix. U cannot download Netflix movies on tv, u have to stream it.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Idiotmod: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

Netflix is not an alternative to DStv, it's a complement to DStv. I never heard of 1,500 unlimited night plan, even if it exists and u download ur Netflix movies on ur phone or tablet, what happens when u have visitors at home? Do u play movies for them to watch on ur phone? It's cheaper to subscribe the cheapest DStv plan and then complement it with Netflix. U cannot download Netflix movies on tv, u have to stream it.
I guess ur own tv doesn’t support usb stick or external hard drive. Hard drive is 6k to 5k fill the moderfuvker with different movies and choose what suit u
Is dstv showing all 2020 movies
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Idiotmod:

I guess ur own tv doesn’t support usb stick or external hard drive. Hard drive is 6k to 5k fill the moderfuvker with different movies and choose what suit u
Is dstv showing all 2020 movies

I'm pretty sure u don't have more movies on ur hard drive than I do. Which ones u want, just name it I got it. Even have some movies in 4k HDR. Some of my 4k HDR movies are 13-18gb in size for 1 movie.

I have loads of movies on my hard drive even looking for new movies to download every day. Still cannot be an alternative to DStv. I don't watch movies on DStv (why would I when I can just download it on torrent at better quality). But still Netflix or movie downloads can never be a replacement for DStv. Movies go tire u.

1 Like

Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
greenhulk:

I'm pretty sure u don't have more movies on ur hard drive than I do. Which ones u want, just name it I got it. Even have some movies in 4k HDR. Some of my 4k HDR movies are 13-18gb in size for 1 movie.

I have loads of movies on my hard drive even looking for new movies to download every day. Still cannot be an alternative to DStv. I don't watch movies on DStv (why would I when I can just download it on torrent at better quality). But still Netflix or movie downloads can never be a replacement for DStv. Movies go tire u.
greenhulk do you have the Oculus Quest?
If you do pls share your experience using it.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 27, 2020
VICTOR4LYF:

greenhulk do you have the Oculus Quest?
If you do pls share your experience using it.

Sorry bro I don't have
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Abduletudaye(m): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
gmacnoms:
how much is it and how's the bandwith
relatively good for me. You could try it out in your area to see how good it is.
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
greenhulk:

Sorry bro I don't have
Do you intend getting one?
Re: How Does Netflix Work I'm Thinking Of Stopping Dstv subscription. by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 01, 2020
VICTOR4LYF:

Do you intend getting one?

Nope. Maybe PlayStation VR

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swift 4G Unlimited Download- N8K Monthly / Bella Must Up Breast Enlargement Cream and Breast Pump For Sale / UK Used Blackberries Bold2 , 4 & 5, Torch1 & 3, Curve3, Bold9790 (pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.