Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma (1048 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / My Travel Plans / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 1:00am On Apr 22, 2020
I'm a young guy of 19 years and recently i was asked if I'd like to move over to germany with my sis and her family. I really loved the sound of it as travelling out has always been my all time dream but the issue is, I'm not a graduate yet neither am i admitted or attend any university yet(Was supposed to start this year though). If i were to move to germany after the pandemic, It would mean I'd have to stay back a couple of years, maybe two, before i would start schooling there to avoid unnecessary financial instability in a foreign land.

The advice i really need now is to know if moving to Germany and waiting for my schooling is worth it or i should stay back in this screwed up country and finish my undergrad degree before going? Meanwhile i do well enough myself with a couple of online income sources that helps me get through the days without depending much on my parents but certainly not enough to fund myself in another country.

Mods FP please, i really need good inputs on this topic
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by ikh777: 1:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Youngraven:
I'm a young guy of 19 years and recently i was asked if I'd like to move over to germany with my sis and her family. I really loved the sound of it as travel out has always been my all time dream but the issue is, I'm not a graduate yet neither am i admitted or attend any university yet(Was supposed to start this year though). If i were to move to germany after the pandemic, It would mean I'd have to stay back a couple of years, maybe two, before i would start schooling there to avoid unnecessary financial instability in a foreign land.

The advice i really need now is to know if moving to Germany and waiting for my schooling is worth it or i should stay back in this screwed up country and finish my undergrad degree before going? Meanwhile i do well enough myself with a couple of online income sources that helps me get through the days without depending much on my parents but certainly not fund myself in another country.

Mods FP please, i really need good inputs on this topic

You already know deep within you that you belong in GERMANY, why are you now here asking for advice?

WAITING in a sound country like Germany for 5 years is SPEED compared to doing any degree in any federal university here. So go abroad, and learn ICT or some practical relevant post covid19 skill and make your life work.

That's all. At 19, you really need to go before naija traps you with girls, fast but ill gotten wealth, etc.... GO MAKE US PROUD OVER THERE AND COME BACK IF YOU CAN AND HELP THOSE YOU LEFT BEHIND.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by ednut1(m): 2:17am On Apr 22, 2020
On what visa type

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Petyprincess(f): 6:53am On Apr 22, 2020
recently i was asked if I'd like to move over to germany with my sis and her family.

You were asked by who? I thought that should be your dad Dnt you have a sponsorer? Will your parents assist you or you financially depending on yourself?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2020
Op better go
This shithole ain't funny at all angry

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 9:43am On Apr 22, 2020
ikh777:

You already know deep within you that you belong in GERMANY, why are you now here asking for advice?

WAITING in a sound country like Germany for 5 years is SPEED compared to doing any degree in any federal university here. So go abroad, and learn ICT or some practical relevant post covid19 skill and make your life work.

That's all. At 19, you really need to go before naija traps you with girls, fast but ill gotten wealth, etc.... GO MAKE US PROUD OVER THERE AND COME BACK IF YOU CAN AND HELP THOSE YOU LEFT BEHIND.
Woow! Thanks so much for this, it really helps. Honestly, i personally will only want to go there and study and stay back and so does my mum but my sis wants me to study in nigeria first and then come over. If my mom insists, then she has no choice than to let me go
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 9:45am On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
On what visa type
I honestly don't know yet. Maybe with an invitation visa and then work on my permanent resident permit while there
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 9:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Petyprincess:
recently i was asked if I'd like to move over to germany with my sis and her family.

You were asked by who? I thought that should be your dad Dnt you have a sponsorer? Will your parents assist you or you financially depending on yourself?
I was asked by my mom. My dad passed over a decade back so it's been my mom all through. She'll be my sponsor and as well my sister over in germany
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by ednut1(m): 9:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Youngraven:
I honestly don't know yet. Maybe with an invitation visa and then work on my permanent resident permit while there
i pity you grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
i pity you grin
Then please enlighten me on how it goes, that's why i created the thread.. for advice.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by TheTraveler: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
The advice i really need now is to know if moving to Germany and waiting for my schooling is worth it or i should stay back in this screwed up country and finish my undergrad degree before going?

OP, you don't need any advice, you're just seeking for validation.
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by davidadenrele: 5:52am On Apr 24, 2020
Hello,

Grab this opportunity with your both hands you sre still a young man, and you still a lot ahead of you Nigeria is bleeped my brother, and only God knows when Nigeria will get it right i was on a short trip to Paris, France with my wife before locked been my first time out of Nigeria, i weeped for Nigeria, with just 10 euro you will be tired of eating breakfast,lunch or even dinner euro had value for anything you want to buy info france everything was well organized and we'll structured i had a nagging headache went to a small hospital a young man as a nurse attend to me asked few questions checked my BP and give a a tiny drug to use viola!! within 10 minutes my nagging headache stopped, i was afraid the would charge us heavily my wife was scared too, cause the remaining money with us was for shopping to my greatest suprised i was shocked when the man the nurse said no charges, that they don't charge for emergency cases cos life is more important for them, can that ever happened in Nigeria?? We went round town in Paris life is in moderacy most people drive around in small cars, some in surburb trains long buses,light never blinked throughout our the time we stayed in LES MEL AMELOT an hotel not far from Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris, we were treated well, don't think twice to get of this God forsaken country before your destiny is locked down i was crying we were about to depart Paris, it was a super fast light traint that took us from Charles De Gaulle Airport to the point of our final departure into the plane out of the airport i won't say more than this you will experience a new life we you get to confirm all this thing am saying it was the truth or a hooked up lie, those who have been there can testify what am saying if i were you i leave this country today..today it's been one hell of one to another issues since we arrived Nigeria had it not been that we were given just 2 months of tourist multiple Visa and my wife honestly i won't ever want to come back cos life was far much better than the life we lived in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by All4good: 7:20am On Apr 24, 2020
Youngraven:

The advice i really need now is to know if moving to Germany and waiting for my schooling is worth it or i should stay back in this screwed up country and finish my undergrad degree before going? Meanwhile i do well enough myself with a couple of online income sources that helps me get through the days without depending much on my parents but certainly not enough to fund myself in another country.

Finance will not be a barrier to furthering your education in Germany. Reasons are:
1. Do your search. There are some tuition free universities and courses that offer full scholarship.
2. In an environment like Germany, you might be able to get 2-3 jobs that makes you enough money to afford any tuition
3. Your online hustle will be boosted by an environment Luke Germany. If you are on Fiverr or Upwork you no longer need to hide your Nigeria location to get gigs
4. To attend university in Germany or do much of anything else, you need go through 6 months language classes. That should be your focus now. Getting a 2nd language will boost your earning capacity more than any Nigerian Degree
5. Do you need me to go on. Anyway I wrote all these not for you alone but any other Nigerian who might be seeking career counseling.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
TheTraveler:

OP, you don't need any advice, you're just seeking for validation.
i guess you're right but my major concern is the financing and probably enlightenment on procedures on getting permanent residency as i don't intend EVER coming back after my studies
Re: I Need Advice On My Travel Dilemma by Youngraven: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
All4good:

Finance will not be a barrier to furthering your education in Germany. Reasons are:
1. Do your search. There are some tuition free universities and courses that offer full scholarship.
2. In an environment like Germany, you might be able to get 2-3 jobs that makes you enough money to afford any tuition
3. Your online hustle will be boosted by an environment Luke Germany. If you are on Fiverr or Upwork you no longer need to hide your Nigeria location to get gigs
4. To attend university in Germany or do much of anything else, you need go through 6 months language classes. That should be your focus now. Getting a 2nd language will boost your earning capacity more than any Nigerian Degree
5. Do you need me to go on. Anyway I wrote all these not for you alone but any other Nigerian who might be seeking career counseling.
Shalom
Thanks very much for this, It honestly says alot. With emphasis on number 1, I have read about quite an amount of institutions in germany that offers free education as it is more of a tradition for germany particularly to prioritize education more without regards nationality. The part I'm more woried about is the €7000+ one has to deposit in a bank even before travelling out, That is almost 3M naira and i don't think my mom is able to put together such an amount during this period. Does any of the scholarships over there help cover this amount? I don't mind the other expenses neither my parent. If any, pls I'd very much like to know about it so i can research more. I do know that DAAD amd erasmus offers grants abd fundings but they seem to only care much about masters amd phd degree pursuants more than undergrads. Please shed light on this

(1) (Reply)

Meet Rich Sultan Bolkiah With 500 Rolls-royce, Other Fleets Of Expensive Cars. / My Visit To Asaba / Information And Advice About Relocation To Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.