Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On (40168 Views)

11years After..dagrin Lives On / Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On / Olamide Pays Tribute To Dagrin Ahead Of His 8th Years Remembrance Tomorrow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by HundredWays(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Which 10 international awards did MI Abaga win?

If Dagrin had the Chocolate City investment that MI Abaga had, you think any rapper in the year 2009-10 would have been able to come close to him?

I am not trying to discredit MI Abaga. I have a lot of respect for him.

But then, who knows anything about his freestyle skills? I am willing to be informed.

People have attested to it that Dagrin can freestyle for hours. He freestyled to about 4 minutes of beat on Jimmy Jatt Jump Off.

I know of Vector's freestyle skills as well. He was in many freestyle competitions that he won.

But what of MI? How really good is he?

If u think Freestyle is a category for a Best Rapper, Nas could have been greater than Jay-z...
Beside, 2pac was regarded as the greatest rapper of all time, show me any freestyle of 2pac.

Wit all Vectors Freestyle, do you think MI.Abaga is Intimidated by VEC??

Dagrin Tribute only came from Nigerians! If MI Abaga Should be Dead, All African Rappers will Sing a Tribute to Him! All African rappers acknowledge that MI. Abaga is the greatest Africa has ever got and can Boast of! Even Lil Wayne Acknowledge his Rap skills and versatility!
No doubt that Dagrin is the Best Indigenous Rapper in Nigeria, But he's not Known Outside Nigeria!
As of 2007-2010.... MI. Abaga Had Ice Prince, Jesse Jagz and Brymo under him in Chocolate City!! Who has Dagrin Brought into HipHop game during his Era??

MI was in the Face of HipHop since 1997-Date....
He was only intimidated by Mode9, not even RuggedMan..
Thanks.
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2020
HundredWays:

If u think Freestyle is a category for a Best Rapper, Nas could have been greater than Jay-z...

Awards don't necessarily make you greater than someone without one. Many notable musical awards are nominated for by music stakeholders, so if you were better managed as MI was, you would get nominations. All the awards MI won were publically voted for. If you have the money to spend, you will surely get a lot of votes.

Beside, 2pac was regarded as the greatest rapper of all time, show me any freestyle of 2pac.

There is no American rapper, especially of those era during and after 2Pac who can't freestyle. Poverty was what chased them into the studio. They have been doing their street thing before they entered the studio. No one knows MI Abaga ever engaging in street rap competitions.

Wit all Vectors Freestyle, do you think MI.Abaga is Intimidated by VEC??

MI Abaga was obviously intimidated by Vector during their skirmish. MI attacked first, Vector responded, and MI backed away, saying that he would no longer respond. He should have continued now, so that Vector can tear him to pieces.

Dagrin Tribute only came from Nigerians! If MI Abaga Should be Dead, All African Rappers will Sing a Tribute to Him!

Don't be so sure. Dagrin was special. Don't expect that if MI die, the industry would do any of the sort that it did for Dagrin.

All African rappers acknowledge that MI. Abaga is the greatest Africa has ever got and can Boast of! Even Lil Wayne Acknowledge his Rap skills and versatility!

Which African rappers?

No doubt that Dagrin is the Best Indigenous Rapper in Nigeria, But he's not Known Outside Nigeria!

He was not known because he was running the thing himself, unlike MI who had the financial and professional platform provided him by Chocolate City.

As of 2007-2010.... MI. Abaga Had Ice Prince, Jesse Jagz and Brymo under him in Chocolate City!! Who has Dagrin Brought into HipHop game during his Era??

When did MI become president of Chocolate City that you are claiming that he brought Jesse and Brymo into the game. Everyone knows that Jesse is far better than MI, but as with many record labels, someone gets all the attention, while others don't get so much.

MI was in the Face of HipHop since 1997-Date....
He was only intimidated by Mode9, not even RuggedMan..

Laughter wan kill me. MI knows he can't stand any rapper in Nigeria toe to toe. He has great delivery, but let him come out of the studio and go toe to toe with any rapper around. Vector will finish him (which he already did when MI tried to fight) Ruggedman will tear him to pieces. Mode9 will bury him.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by HundredWays(m): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Awards don't necessarily make you greater than someone without one. Many notable musical awards are nominated for by music stakeholders, so if you were better managed as MI was, you would get nominations. All the awards MI won were publically voted for. If you have the money to spend, you will surely get a lot of votes.

There is no American rapper, especially of those era during and after 2Pac who can't freestyle. Poverty was what chased them into the studio. They have been doing their street thing before they entered the studio. No one knows MI Abaga ever engaging in street rap competitions.

MI Abaga was obviously intimidated by Vector during their skirmish. MI attacked first, Vector responded, and MI backed away, saying that he would no longer respond. He should have continued now, so that Vector can tear him to pieces.

Don't be so sure. Dagrin was special. Don't expect that if MI die, the industry would do any of the sort that it did for Dagrin.

Which African rappers?

He was not known because he was running the thing himself, unlike MI who had the financial and professional platform provided him by Chocolate City.

When did MI become president of Chocolate City that you are claiming that he brought Jesse and Brymo into the game. Everyone knows that Jesse is far better than MI, but as with many record labels, someone gets all the attention, while others don't get so much.

Laughter wan kill me. MI knows he can't stand any rapper in Nigeria toe to toe. He has great delivery, but let him come out of the studio and go toe to toe with any rapper around. Vector will finish him (which he already did when MI tried to fight) Ruggedman will tear him to pieces. Mode9 will bury him.

You are welcome.

I'm educated...
Thanks..
But FYI, Vector can't Stand MI Abaga... The Viper clarify!
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by Donlanray: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2020
I learned his rise to stardom was due to rituals. He knew he would die that time. He even sang about it. Rest in peace, dude.
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by Onlysage: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2020
olamidedivotee:

How did you know juju killed him chai people.
I know dagrin very well cause I live in Meiran, His dad marry 3 wives but all of them bore only one son each, one of his dad wife hypocrisy led to dagrin's death. Dagrin didnt die of juju.
please shed more light on it
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
HundredWays:

I'm educated...
Thanks..
But FYI, Vector can't Stand MI Abaga... The Viper clarify!

Even MI knows never to mess with Vector the Viper.

He should gather courage and reply Vector na grin

He started a fire, Vector replied, and he went mute.
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by HundredWays(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Even MI knows never to mess with Vector the Viper.

He should gather courage and reply Vector na grin

He started a fire, Vector replied, and he went mute.
smiles...
MI is a political Rapper like JayZ...
Ever since his Globacom network endorsement, he started to feel too pompous
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by psalmylee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=foolbuster post=88754383]

Mumu. You can't even think up any point to make.[/quote /oloriburuku...o nI Ku re..omo ale
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by Christmasdon(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Pls, shut your mouth.
Bring one Igbo rapper in SE..

The guy is one of those that shaped Music Industry
. S/HE MIGHT BE OF AN HAUSA ORIJIN. YOUR HATE FOR IGBOS AND THE SOUTH EAST WON'T ALLOW U TO GO FAR. DO U THINK U ARE LUCKY LIVING LAGOS, ASK AMERICANS.
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by Ayobami7(m): 12:15am On Apr 24, 2020
Rip Dagrin
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by olamidedivotee: 7:44am On Apr 24, 2020
Onlysage:

please shed more light on it
That day, he came to Meiran, he bought a generator for his dad because his dad sells CD, he even bought a land on that day, He had an accident when going back to his home in mushin, his father almost run mad that day when he heard the news.
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by benjanny(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
As long as I know Dagrin became more popular after his death
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by DevilsEqual(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2023
foolbuster:

Yeah he is good but not exceptional. There are many raw talents better than him and he does not even near the status of a legend.

I disagree...how many of his songs have you ever listened to plus, he doesnt even talk about quick money and co

He is exceptional and easily made mockery of any beat no matter how dope it sounds
Re: 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On by finallybusy: 6:37pm On May 18, 2023
He would have turned 36 this year. Well, he’s in a place where worries are non-existent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bose Ogulu, Burna Boy's Mother's Dance Moves Excite Fans (Photos) / Regina Daniels Vs Chinyere Wilfred: As Billionaire Wife Comes Late To Movie Set / Photo Of Osas Ighodaro Snoring! See The Look On Gbenro's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.