Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday - Business (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday (622616 Views)

SCAM ALERT: Theobarth grant disbursement / CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement June Applicants / How To Apply For NIRSAL Microfinance Bank CBN N50bn COVID-19 Loan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (344) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by peeps4u: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Regex:

E be things. What if they use the BVN to commit fraud and CBN will be on those people's neck?

Fraud like?

Which bank will pay money to another bank acct that's not linked to a bvn?

This is the essence of bvn itself; to check fraud.

You can't defraud with bvn, neither can you get any details needed enough to gain access to an account via bvn; BVN is to check fraud itself
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Nezy4Real(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
peeps4u:

Fraud like?

You can't defraud with bvn, neither can you get any details needed enough to gain access to an account via bvn; BVN is to check fraud itself

Let me tell you what they will do with your BVN. With your BVN, a scammer can open another account and link with it. The person keeps checking nirsal website for approval. Once the loan is approved they can easily divert your funds to the new account created. Please be wise ooo. I don't know why some people are too gullible to send their BVN to a total stranger. The funds for the loan have recently being increased to 300 billion naira so it's likely that if you apply correctly you will get the loan. So we all have to calm down.

1 Like

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by peeps4u: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
A bank will open for you with fake ID? Or you think those IDs aren't verified?

I'm not asking or encouraging anyone to send their BVN to anyone but there is hardly any tangible thing that can be done with bvn.

Nezy4Real:

Let me tell you what they will do with your BVN. With your BVN, a scammer can open another account and link with it. The person keeps checking nirsal website for approval. Once the loan is approved they can easily divert your funds to the new account created. Please be wise ooo. I don't know why some people are too gullible to send their BVN to a total stranger. The funds for the loan have recently being increased to 300 billion naira so it's likely that if you apply correctly you will get the loan. So we all have to calm down.

3 Likes

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Regex: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
peeps4u:

Fraud like?

OK!
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by MegaStarr(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
Your first paragraph is da bomb. That should end the debate.

peeps4u:
A bank will open for you with fake ID? Or you think those IDs aren't verified?

I'm not asking or encouraging anyone to send their BVN to anyone but there is hardly any tangible thing that can be done with bvn.

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
Shampoo77:

Not for this one, the one you saw was for youth between 18-35 that opened application October. This one stated March and closed June and as you can see am close to 45yrs and I have been paid.
OK sir,I thought they are same because the procedures are alike.
I applied for the one of 18-35 and I have been paid also.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by GOB25: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
OK sir,I thought they are same because the procedures are alike.
I applied for the one of 18-35 and I have been paid also.
you have been paid for the Nigerian youth investments fund?
how much were you paid
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by imagrg(m): 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
TRUE EXPERIENCE:
My younger brother's account was duplicated using the BVN he used in applying for this Loan and unknown to him, they used his details to open a Globus Bank account in his name and his UBA account was cleared into this account and withdrawn through the Globus Bank App withi 15 minutes.His name is Osavbuohien.
peeps4u:

There is nothing anyone can do with your bvn.

Lets stop this please.

How Do you get access to an acct through bvn?
Does bvn give you access to bank pin? No.

This was the same way many people once ignorantly claimed bank acct number could be used to defraud..

Nothing can be done with bvn.

It is just a verification number to uniquely track all accts held by individuals

1 Like

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
imagrg:
TRUE EXPERIENCE:
My younger brother's account was duplicated using the BVN he used in applying for this Loan and unknown to him, they used his details to open a Globus Bank account in his name and his UBA account was cleared into this account and withdrawn through the Globus Bank App withi 15 minutes.His name is Osavbuohien.

Whoever banks with digital banks and other new generation banks should know this simple fact that an account can be opened for you by simply providing your BVN in few minutes. Just have a phone and data and open your account in your bed. The only issue is that until you provide a valid means of identification and utility bill that match with your BVN details, your account would be restricted. Most banks would allow a maximum daily withdrawal of 20,000 until you provide KYC. However, you can receive funds from any part of the world unrestricted, and that includes NIRSAL MFB.

A smart guy would easily divert this Covid-19 loan by simply checking nmfd website for approval using your BVN. If he accepts the loan before you, the real account owner, just kiss your funds good bye. And sadly, you will end up paying the loan you never used.

I have heard stories about people who used stolen ID cards to collect loan from LAPO and other microfinance. Those who were unlucky used stolen ID cards as guarantors for loans.

If you think fraud is about breaking into CBN server, then you're on a loooonggg thing. You don't need hacking or coding tutorials to defraud people nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
GOB25:
you have been paid for the Nigerian youth investments fund? how much were you paid
775 thousand approved but I was paid 735 thousand.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
775 thousand approved but I was paid 735 thousand.
I

NYIF or NMFB Covid-19 loan?
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acidosis:
I

NYIF or NMFB Covid-19 loan?
NMFB,but I applied November 1,got approved November 21 and I got the money November 23.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
NMFB,but I applied November 1,got approved November 21 and I got the money November 23.

I'm lost. The CBN NMFB Covid19 loan ended in June.

I think you applied for the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund. And yes, application started in November. A few applicants were sent a follow-up mail to attend an online training, never knew disbursement has started.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acidosis:

I'm lost. The CBN NMFB Covid19 loan ended in June.

I think you applied for the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund. And yes, application started in November. A few applicants were sent a follow-up mail to attend an online training, but I never knew disbursement has started.

let me post a screenshot of my alert,I'm lost too.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
let me post a screenshot of my alert,I'm lost too.

Can you share the link to the site you processed your application?
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
https://nyif.nmfb.com.ng

Okay. Thanks. That's the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund. What's the interest rate? Did you receive a mail or attend any training prior to approval and payment?
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Kabiyesi12(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
I just checked the NYIF loan portal but it's telling me "You have not been train"

My question is are they still inviting people to be train?
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acidosis:

Okay. Thanks. That's the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund. What's the interest rate? Did you receive a mail or attend any training prior to approval and payment?
No training at all,I only applied,got approved and paid.
the thing shock me sef.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
No training at all,I only applied,got approved and paid.
the thing shock me sef.

Lucky you! Grace at work.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acidosis:

Lucky you! Grace at work.
Yes sir,my hubby got the same amount at the same time with me too,I just thank God.
Never expected something like this.
May Grace find us all.

1 Like

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Justhere: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
[quote author=nnekaike post=96905216]Yes sir,my hubby got the same amount at the same time with me too,I just thank God.
May Grace find us all.[/quote ]

your application, is it for existing business or new business idea.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Justhere: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
Yes sir,my hubby got the same amount at the same time with me too,I just thank God.
May Grace find us all.

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by lincDzinc(m): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:

What you are talking about is definitely not NYIF.

Have you been trained?
Do you have your Certificate yet?
Did you receive any sms stating that you were Pre-qualified?

The application for the loan proper under the NYIF Scheme for trained and Pre-Qualified applicants was only made available last week tuesday - December 1st.

Nirsal reached out to shortlisted applicants today via phone calls.

For further clarification please check out :

https://www.nairaland.com/6207486/nigeria-youth-investment-fund-nyif/8

I would not be responding to any queries on here in order not to derail this particular thread.

Regards.

Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
Justhere:

I did not see anything like that .
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
lincDzinc:

Have you been trained?

The application for the loan proper under the NYIF Scheme for trained and Pre-Qualified applicants was only made available last week tuesday - December 1st.

I would not be responding to any queries on here in order not to derail this particular thread.

Regards.
I don't know sir,I have shared the link of where I applied,and I have gotten the fund.
it's confusing me.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
lincDzinc:

Have you been trained?

Regards.

Hmmnn
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Justhere: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
I did not see anything like that .
ok, but I am not sure the loan you apply for and received alert for is NYIF
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by Acidosis(m): 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
nnekaike:
I don't know sir,I have shared the link of where I applied,and I have gotten the fund.
it's confusing me.

Your hubby probably applied for the CBN Covid-19 loan in June. You should ask him. Either of you must have applied for the loan.

NYIF and CBN NIRSAL-MFB loan are two different entities even though both are managed by NIRSAL-MFB.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Acidosis:

Your hubby probably applied for the CBN Covid-19 loan in June. You should ask him. Either of you must have applied for the loan.

NYIF and CBN NIRSAL-MFB loan are two different entities even though both are managed by NIRSAL-MFB.
we both applied same day,got approved same day and got the funds same day at different time.
his own entered 5pm
mine entered 8pm.
Re: CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday by nnekaike(f): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
Justhere:

ok, but I am not sure the loan you apply for and received alert for is NYIF
it should be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (344) (Reply)

Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.