Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork (1589 Views)

A Reconsideration Of Benin-ife Artwork By Babatunde Lawal / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2020
The ife-artworks has has always been a controversial topic for most anthropologist and authors on the originality of the artworks, but most times the controversy are always short-lived, anthropologist believe the ife artworks were not originally of ife orgin, they believe the yoruba people had migrated to the location ife were they found the artworks and began worshipping them and even began practicing the facial scarification on the artworks, some authors believed believed the ife people had found it somewhere the original people left it and they took it to ife and from ife it got to other yorubas areas
This doubt had risen from the lack of adornment of the artworks by the ife people likewise the lack of information of the people who had made the artworks in ife, the regalia had been also different from the regalia of the yoruba people when they first originally came in contact with the yoruba people,
Unlike the benin artwork which was adorned by the oba and benin people and it showed by historical details of thier past that made more sense that thse artworks were originally the artworks of benin peole

This are just reconsideration of ife artworks, the quest of tracing the ife artworks has been impossible believing the original people had gone extinct

Cc
Metaphysical
TAO11
gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by Businext: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2020
cool
Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by Opiletool(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
gregyboy:
The ife-artworks has has always been a controversial topic for most anthropologist and authors on the originality of the artworks, but most times the controversy are always short-lived, anthropologist believe the ife artworks were not originally of ife orgin, they believe the yoruba people had migrated to the location ife were they found the artworks and began worshipping them and even began practicing the facial scarification on the artworks, some authors believed believed the ife people had found it somewhere the original people left it and they took it to ife and from ife it got to other yorubas areas
This doubt had risen from the lack of adornment of the artworks by the ife people likewise the lack of information of the people who had made the artworks in ife, the regalia had been also different from the regalia of the yoruba people when they first originally came in contact with the yoruba people,
Unlike the benin artwork which was adorned by the oba and benin people and it showed by historical details of thier past that made more sense that thse artworks were originally the artworks of benin peole

This are just reconsideration of ife artworks, the quest of tracing the ife artworks has been impossible believing the original people had gone extinct

Oga, stop mentioning me in your stupid, disgraceful, ignorant, and clownish posts. 'Some author', 'some author' yen yen yen. Authors without names, audio authors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
gregyboy:

Cc
Metaphysical
TAO11
gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun

Only a dumb and confused person as you could have made this post which is such as asking:

"Which auto company make Toyota products, is it Toyota or another non-existent and unidentified company??"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
gregyboy:

Cc
Metaphysical
TAO11
gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun

This is very, very controversial. Yen yen yen. grin cheesy

I think calling you dvmb is actually an insult to dvmb people. grin

4 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by RedboneSmith(m): 12:48am On Apr 23, 2020
Chai! grin grin grin grin

Seun should add real laugh emojis. This 'shining teeth' own is not enough. grin grin grin

Some authors. Some authors. Some authors. They don't have names? You can't cite their publications?

7 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by BabaRamota1980: 4:34am On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
gregyboy:

This are just reconsideration of ife artworks, the quest of tracing the ife artworks has been impossible believing the original people had gone extinct[/s]

Cc
Metaphysical
TAO11
gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun

I pity you. Freak. Stick with what you know.

4 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by macof(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2020
This is just embarrassing sad

Your anti-Yoruba sentiment is killing your brain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
macof:
This is just embarrassing sad

Your anti-Yoruba sentiment is killing your brain

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:
I gregyboy am dvmb.

"Fagg emphasised that the kingship of Benin and Benin bronze casting was imported from Ile-Ife"

Source: Your own attachment. Look closely. cheesy

Moreover, quality beats quantity any day, anytime.

See link: https://www.nairaland.com/5802327/name-benin-not-gotten-ife/3#88770766

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

"Fagg emphasizes that the Kingship of Benin and Benin bronze casting was imported from Ile-Ife"

See link: https://www.nairaland.com/5802327/name-benin-not-gotten-ife/3#88770766

I TAO11 i need to be bleeped to rest my brain
Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:

I gregyboy need to be flogged to rest my brain

Why are you mad at me, little boy??

Your own attachment betrays you, and proves my point. cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Why are you mad at me, little boy??

Your own attachment betrays you, and proves my point. cheesy grin cheesy

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:
I know I am slow embarassed

(1) Benin art was chosen not for quality, but for quantity.

Quality was never a Benin thing. Quality is for Ife.

(2) The kingship and bronze casting tradition of Benin kingdom comes from Ile-Ife.

Reference:
Your own attachment!

A classic example of shooting yourself. grin Dvmb gregyboy! cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

(1) Benin art was chosen not for quality, but for quantity.

Quality was never a Benin thing. Quality is for Ife.

(2) The kingship and bronze casting tradition of Benin kingdom comes from Ile-Ife.

Reference:
Your own attachment!

A classic example of shooting yourself. grin Dvmb gregyboy! cheesy

It had a concept of divinity and other forms of representation needed for the job

Not because it was large alone

If it was just large and it didn't have anything they wanted it would have been put aside or probably accomplished by other artwork to portray thier exbitions

Ife art is made of head alone what can they probably portray there apart from headslamming

Benin artworks had everything they needed for the exhibition the, quantity, quality, information,
It needed not to be accompanied by anyother inferior artworks from the west

Am going to suck your tit on this one tonight cry

Mind you i got that screenshot from an ife artworks pdf file, they always called benins artwork to support thier point in the article

While on the benin pdf file on benin artwork it stood alone without any reference to ife artworks

Drop d argument before i call in samuk
Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) Not because it was large alone

(2) Ife art is made of head alone ...

(3) ... accompanied by another inferior artworks from the west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88776220][/quote]

Do you want a counter article that says benin thought ife atrworks

Tell me i will go in search for it again

Read my linning

Ife artworks didnt show divinity

Benin artwork did, it had everything they could possibly want in the exhibition

Large in that statement wasnt talking about quantity in size but info in quantity

The stroke is a debated claim.....

Unless proven

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Yes, from scholars. grin grin grin

Not from "edoworld", "edo-nation", "edogroup", websites though ... grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Many gives an idea of constellation which was interpreted as divinity.

So we're still talking about mere quantity. grin grin I know you can't read, but c'mon give this a try grin

C'mon why are you crossing out what the attachment says. You brought the attachment, didn't you?

Nobody is debating it with you!

Benin Nairalanders are on one extreme of the sanity scale, while scholars are on the other extreme:

"Fagg EMPHASISED that the kingship of Benin and Benin bronze casting was imported from Ile-Ife". grin grin grin grin

And can we believe fagg when Benin and ife never had a connection

Fagg is just reporting what he have read

Beonze casting had been in benin since inception it was an all african thing

Nupe aryworks, igala artwork, ore artwork, benin Republic artwork

Ife introduced it to all of them i guess

You need knock
Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

No we can not trust a scholar (William Fagg).

We must trust a deluded Benin clown (gregyboy). grin

Yea yea, claims......

Thats is a poor work stop quoting it, he was reporting what he was told by oral account which we have confirmed to be false as a political myth.....

But u know am not buying into that writeup but u still post it

1 Like

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by TAO12: 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Yea yea, claims......

Thats is a poor work stop quoting ir abeg he was reporting what he was told by orao account which we have confirmed to be false.....

But u know am not buying into that writeuo u still post it lol speechless[/s]

Wake me up whenever you've translated all these [i.e. the words and the delusions] into English language please. Thank you! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by nisai: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Opiletool:

Oga, stop mentioning me in your stupid, disgraceful, ignorant, and clownish posts. 'Some author', 'some author' yen yen yen. Authors without names, audio authors.
grin grin grin The guy na clown

1 Like

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by nisai: 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Only a dumb and confused person as you could have made this post which is such as asking:

"Which auto company make Toyota products, is it Toyota or another non-existent and unidentified company??"
Lmao! Abeg leave that akpos (comedian) grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by nisai: 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
RedboneSmith:
Chai! grin grin grin grin

Seun should add real laugh emojis. This 'shining teeth' own is not enough. grin grin grin

Some authors. Some authors. Some authors. They don't have names? You can't cite their publications?
I swear grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by nisai: 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[s]

I pity you. Freak. Stick with what you know.
I have always advised him but he wouldn't listen. A disgraceful nonentity.

2 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
This boy again! Why?

1 Like

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
gomojam:
This boy again! Why?

Bursting the truth as always

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by YungMillionaire: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2020
TAO12:

"Fagg emphasised that the kingship of Benin and Benin bronze casting was imported from Ile-Ife"

See as him use him hand catch himself. Even his source is telling him that Bini is junior brother to Yoruba. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by YungMillionaire: 12:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Honestly when it comes to ancient art Yorubas are the gods in Africa. I once spoke to a white curator in London, who told me point blank that the ancient Ife arts still shock racist white people till date.

2 Likes

Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2020
YungMillionaire:

See as him use him hand catch himself. Even his source is telling him that Bini is junior brother to Yoruba. grin grin grin

Yea international posted that part don't you think

I didnt omit it i personally screenshot
Because i believed we have table that aspect of history has made up myth Oduduwa never existed nor the benin - ife relationship

Unless you on your own is ready to prove me wrong
Re: A Reconsideration Of Ife Artwork by gregyboy(m): 8:38am On Apr 24, 2020
YungMillionaire:
Honestly when it comes to ancient art Yorubas are the gods in Africa. I once spoke to a white curator in London, who told me point blank that the ancient Ife arts still shock racist white people till date.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Zimbabwean Ostrich Tribe With Rare 'two- Toed' Population / Translate To Igbo / To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.