Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life (52981 Views)

Sergeant-at-arms Blocks Reporters From Covering Senate Plenary / Governor Umahi Bans Use Of Public Schools For Political Rallies / Ebonyi Govt Declares Linus Okorie Wanted Over Statement On FacebooK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by ezekins: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Na soo
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by crafteeworld: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
You don't possess the power to do such...

You can only ban for as long as the little while you remain there
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Fuckallmods: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Take note

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Endybest5050: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yes... Because he is also going to be the governor for LIFE...
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lt. Gen Umahi.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Skmoda360(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
tellwisdom:
Is this news??
My brother.....I tire ooo
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
kaluxy007:
Mumu!!!

2terms is all you've got...even after leaving that house, can you boast of eternity

Honestly speaking.
See him saying "for life" like his own life is even guaranteed

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Neoteny7: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Any time any government official says the only one who can do something about a problem is god, a piece of me dies inside

Maybe we should stop electing people and start electing gods to solve our earthly problems

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
He said Buhari is his mentor
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by hod898(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
So wait. Is it that their reports are bad or that they were baseless? It's not clearly stated. If it's the former, then banning them was not the right thing to do.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Joshmanfashion(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Did I just read ban do life, he must be joking
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by stormborn28(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
ZAWs:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/umahi-bans-the-sun-vanguard-reporters-from-govt-house/
to be sincere, that governor is an idiot... It is not the people of the that are angry or threatening the journalist.. It is him. These are his words

“We are not begging you to give us good report, because the only person that gives good or bad report is God. We are all accountable to him. If you think that Ebonyi State is a dumping ground, try it again.

“If you think you have the pen, we have the koboko. Let’s leave the Court alone. Ebonyi people are very angry with the press and let me warn that I won’t be able to control them or know when they unleash mayhem on you, if you continue to write to create panic in the State.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by missuzoma: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
festacman:
If truly those reports were FALSE but manufactured and planted to embarrass Ebonyi State government, then the ROGUE journalists should get the hell out Ebonyi with head bowed in shame. They should go and cover the compounds of their sponsors. #bad eggs

They are not false reports. Lassa fever is claiming lives at an alarming rate there. He is angry because the reports will detract from his fake fight against corona and he has not been able to get his own share of federal coro money.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Sonnobax15(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin But we all know what nigerian journalists are capable of...
if you want to tarnish the political career or image of a man,just misinform any nigerian journalist,he'll do more harm than good.
they are everywhere,even here on nairaland...
the mods aren't exempted.i was dumbfounded to see on nairaland fp about nnamdi kanu's death..
i was like-"ha,who kill am??..9ja journalists na d worst abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by fujirice: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is my governor but honestly I don’t understand what he is saying.
Was the reports these said journalists made false?

All I see in this write up is rants.

Gov Umahi, if you do well, we’ll praise you like we have been doing but I don’t support you on this one as you have not said anything tangible.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Neoteny7: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
kponkedenge:

Please oh, when did governors or even president have the right to arrest a journalist in a democracy?
And why threatening them with violence because you don't like what they reported about.
Are we really practicing democracy in this country sef?

In sane societies the state government will make formal complaints to the paper as it is a matter of ethics, and the paper would sanction the journo.

But here we have an elected official making threats of aggressive physical assault and banishment.

I dont know but it seems anyone who gets elected or appointed into government suddenly lose their minds.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by ajimo54(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
ZAWs:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/umahi-bans-the-sun-vanguard-reporters-from-govt-house/

You are not God! You would prospribe the Press if u were the president!
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by blowjohn(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
densiks:
This outburst is a very unnecessary one from the governor.

We are in a democracy and there are legitimate means of bringing errant journalists to book if they report falsehood.

He just applied one of the ways

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by desiredmee(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:
To be honest this is a rather counterproductive measure.

Why not just ban the individual journalist/s who infringed on whatever anti-free speech laws existing in your state, than banning the whole publication?

He banned the reporters of the respective media agencies
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by PHIPEX(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ban for life because he's who exactly and where does he get the power from. This is why too much power can be deadly. If a journalist writes nonsense you sue them for libel not to come and be forming Gaddafi in Abakaliki.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
THE GOVERNOR HAS SPOKEN
STOP DEMEANING HIS PEOPLE
THEY HAVE THE KOBOKO REMEMBER.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Corrinthians(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Great move Umahi. You're now acting like Wike, just what pdp supporters relish. cool

They say Wike is as bold as Kanu for being dictatorial, so I'd like to believe they'd also adore you for this great move. cool
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by dawiso9913: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
smiley
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by obynoses(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Who knows how I can get the nairaland super editor? I really need his contact.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by UjuJoan2: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
For life ke? Is the government house his personal property? He can only ban them for the duration of his tenure.

The man is always nagging like someone suffering from PMS!
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by SoNature(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
This man is MAD!
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
This man is a dictator.

The journalists should head to court.

Government facilities are public facilities and was not built and owned by gov. Umahi.

This power of been a governor is intoxicating him, his people of ebonyi state are not spared from his brutality.

ZAWs:

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by ghanaman5050: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Umahi had last week Saturday (ordered the arrest )of The Sun Correspondent, Chijioke Agwu,
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by semyman: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
The Villa should do same to The Punch
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by jericco1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good riddance
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Chuqukah042(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Anytime I see the way this mofucker is handling his State Fela's Zombie always come to mind
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by adslipps: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nonsense!!! Another administration will uplift the ban.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, 4 Governors Lose Phones To Thieves At Gov Amosun's Daughter Wedding / 7 Questions For WAEC And President Buhari / What Made Iara Oshiomole To Laugh Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.