Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life (52989 Views)

Sergeant-at-arms Blocks Reporters From Covering Senate Plenary / Governor Umahi Bans Use Of Public Schools For Political Rallies / Ebonyi Govt Declares Linus Okorie Wanted Over Statement On FacebooK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Confirmedzombie: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by apex8500: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
[color=#] 2282652[/color]
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by solmus: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Vanguard chief editor openly called a tribe Sophisticated slowpoke and he got hailed, Now that Umahi decided to fight them back for fake bigoted news I hope they don't cry for public sympathy

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Wantedmiller: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
densiks:
This outburst is a very unnecessary one from the governor.

We are in a democracy and there are legitimate means of bringing errant journalists to book if they report falsehood.

Please tell us the legitimate means abeg!!
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by apex8500: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by hush15: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
ZAWs:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/umahi-bans-the-sun-vanguard-reporters-from-govt-house/

Absolute power corrupts. He can't ban them for life. He can't even ban them from government institutions not to mention for life.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by dumodust(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Was what was published true or not? If he had any grounds for malpractice by the journalists, they can lose their licenses via the courts and most likely be jailed or the newspaper may be sued for damages.
This is clearly just a rant due to political annoyance, the journalists were clearly not falling in line.
The lassa fever issue is not new news, ebonyi is the lassa fever headquarters in the east
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by OdefaGirl(f): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Threatening journalists will create biasness in the reportage of any incident in Ebonyi.....
If it's fake news, you have your officers in charge to debunk it with proves....... and life goes on or you charge them or companies to court.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by basty: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
I stop reading Vanguard newspaper over ten years ago, (www.vanguardngr,com) prompt on my phone is deleted immediately.

The paper is anti-yoruba and this has made me stop reading any of their publication. The paper started the anti-yoruba wars in June 12 1993 so also Champion newspaper that one is gone forever.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by DanseMacabre(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
desiredmee:

He banned the reporters of the respective media agencies

My man like say na HOVIK 1-9 na im dey worry me o.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by tonysunkan: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
How could the Governor ban journalists for life?

Does he think he will be Governor for ever?

If the journalists have grossly erred, he could report them to the Press council or take them to court.

He could also 'suspend' them from government house.

Banning them for life is like killing a fly with a sledgehammer.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Lipscomb(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
What the fvck are talking about.
Okoroawusa:
If I am Umahi I go vex pass like this sef. If Ebonyi n Ebonyi people suffer discrimination in the hands of their fellow igbos who see them as uncouth, uncivilized n unread, the press will still demarket them in the eyes of the nation. It's not fair!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Dshocker(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
There is no way he can ban them for life,since the office of the governor isn't a family business...When his time is due,he will vacate the seat
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Reference(m): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is he wearing a MAGA cap....

Was watching 'Air Crash Investigation' on Discovery yesterday about an I donesia plane that crashed into a hill short of the airport in bad weather.

Apparently the Captain was fond of turning off the GPWS which was faulty and often gave off false alarms. The day he needed it for his safety he forgot to turn it back on and he and many others died.

The day the press will be needed by the people to raise an urgent alarm about a pressing issue of life and death, the press will be turned off and silent and many will suffer or die.

When we sit down and complain that nothing works well in Nigeria despite our supposedly best efforts, we should all realise just how many bells and whistles we as a people ignorantly join hands with dictators and autocrats to turn off.

I will always say this. A goverment that does not fear the people will never respect them enough to change their destiny for the better.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by kaycee125: 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Almajiri
aaamos:
Good evening nairalanders

Please I need your help, for I have not eaten anything today and the worst part is that I don't have any hope of what I will eat tomorrow..

Please help me with anything you can afford, I understand that things are tight everywhere, any amount will be much appreciated..

0011439973 AA stanbic

Note: this is my real account, I don't have to create new account to solicit for help, you can check my profile to verify.

Thanks so much
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Kennyrichie55(m): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
ZAWs:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/umahi-bans-the-sun-vanguard-reporters-from-govt-house/
Abakaliki – Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, Wednesday banned the Correspondents of The Sun newspaper, Chijioke Agwu, and the Vanguard Newspaper, Peter Okutu, from entering Government house and Government facilities in the State for life.
You can't ban them for life. You can only ban them till the rest of your tenure. When another government comes in, thing changes.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Lufthansa: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
How does this man qualifies to be a governor. These are people trying to mull the press, imagine a governor inciting the public against men of the press. Imagine a governor saying a reporter is not from his state, and so? Isn't he a Nigerian.

A governor saying he got the whip. May God save this country in the hands of these arrogant looters.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
I don't like his approach to the situation undecided
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by tzege: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
ZAWs:

.. And he has withheld their allowances for the next two months? Wasn't aware the NUJ is now a department under the state government?
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by RTSC: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
What a lunatic.

And I used to have high hopes for this man.

Peter Obi and Moghalu remains my only presidential candidates from the east.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by od4life(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Gov Umahi is intolerant of dissenting views & it's unfortunate. He would be a disaster as the nation's president come 2023.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Roon9(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
kaluxy007:
Mumu!!!

2terms is all you've got...even after leaving that house, can you boast of eternity

You'd think corona has humbled some of these idiots drunken with power
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by lagdmark(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
LowerPriceData0:
You ban him for life, are you going to be Governor for life? People always forget that nothing is permanent in life. Another Government will allow them when leave.
The governor is from Ebonyi state, sometimes they reason like that.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Asour: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Okoroawusa:
If I am Umahi I go vex pass like this sef. If Ebonyi n Ebonyi people suffer discrimination in the hands of their fellow igbos who see them as uncouth, uncivilized n unread, the press will still demarket them in the eyes of the nation. It's not fair!!

Wow! So Ebonyis are marginalized in the Igbos community? Never knew.
Possibly, some Igbos who accuse the Nation of marginalising them(Igbos) are themselves guilty of putting down Ebonyis too.
This further supports an observation I've always held that Racism — Though terrible— is a scapegoat in the Prejudice universe. Prejudice, which is the real cancer, exists at all levels of human society.

God help us.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by jcross19: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
LowerPriceData0:
You ban him for life, are you going to be Governor for life? People always forget that nothing is permanent in life. Another Government will allow them when leave.
can see why some people see them as dimwits, no sense at all or are you going to rule forever? aahahahh the Governor fall my hand.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by obiekunie2: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
the gov'nor doesnt have that right under democracy.

if the report is false he can only sue them and claim damages for defamation.

funny the gov'nor in all his rant still stylishly fail to call the report false.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by festacman(m): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
missuzoma:

They are not false reports. Lassa fever is claiming lives at an alarming rate there. He is angry because the reports will detract from his fake fight against corona and he has not been able to get his own share of federal coro money.

If the reports were NOT false, then Gov. Umahi has become His Excellency the fat head.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by Asour: 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:
To be honest this is a rather counterproductive measure.

Why not just ban the individual journalist/s who infringed on whatever anti-free speech laws existing in your state, than banning the whole publication?

The Publication wasn't banned. The governor did what you advised actually.
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by apex4780: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by EvilArchons: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
See for yourself the Fallen church where they worship the god Molech where comes the word Molest for the act of molestation. See the Google Images of so called men and women of God defiling children by the millions all over the Earth. 

Rome founded by the satanic pedophile psychopathic perverted Dirty Moors. These cave beasts had bad teachers. 

Call out them devils and then you will be walking the path instead of just knowing it. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=priest+child+rape&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&source=android-browser&prmd=niv&sxsrf=ALeKk01QzbIy2_exxJKuRl5FU5A2jK5ITg:1587030128412&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjw2LT40-zoAhVulHIEHbNbCb8Q_AUoAnoECAsQAg&biw=360&bih=520&dpr=2

5g is the Apocalypse

Re: Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life by farem: 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
For life?
Illiterate gọvanọ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Questions For WAEC And President Buhari / Inauguration :President Buhari And Jonathan Laughing Together ( Photo ) / Joe Parkinson: Why Buhari, Nigerian Officials Are ‘Nervous’ About Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.